Publix Covid website

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2021, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,709 Times in 5,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie1 View Post
What information do you need to have available to sign up with Publix or other sites. Want to be prepared if I do get in! Thanks
Name
Address
Phone number
Email
Date of birth
Emergency POC phone number
Skip over the insurance part (don't select anything)
You need to answer several medical questions
Old 02-11-2021, 09:10 AM

Go to the store
Old 02-11-2021, 09:15 AM

Just called that Lake County appt line mentioned above 352-464-9065 and got a recording all vaccines have been used for now. Thanks for calling. Also have been on Publix website all days appointments were available and never got past the waiting level. Oh well.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

From what I understand, by counting the number of doses sent to the sites by the federal government and the number of people trying to get an appointment, you have somewhere between a ten percent and twenty percent chance of getting an appointment.

I was lucky. I was one of the ten to twenty percent. I got my first shot at Publix and was scheduled that day for my second shot exactly four weeks later. I did have to drive to Deland and will again, but I don't think that it is that big of a deal. Do I wish that I could have gotten it closer to home? Of course but if you want it, you have to be somewhat flexible. I'm easily willing to drive and hour.

Yesterday, I was told by someone that got his first shot that she was told that she would get a call to get his second shot. That doesn't seem like a very good system.

I also heard of some sites that are not requiring appointments. First come first served. I've heard of some people that have waited in their car for hours only to be told that they have run out of vaccine.

There is a big learning curve with this thing. Nothing like this has ever really been done before except for perhaps the Salk polio vaccine in 1955. In that case it was only being delivered to school children and there were shortages as well. Also, the Salk vaccine didn't have to be stored at -95 degrees F. It was also pretty simple to get it to schoolchildren by simply sending it to the schools. This is very different.

So all I can say is to be patient. You will eventually get your vaccine and as more and more people get it, the odds of getting an appointment will get much better.

I think that some people thought that 660,000,000 doses were going to be manufactured, distributed and delivered into arms within a few weeks. This is a massive project and it's going to take time. At that rate that we're going I think that everyone in the country that wants to be vaccinated will be by the summer. And it may be sooner because as I said, the more people that get the vaccine, the less will be looking to get it so your odds will improve.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:20 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperguy View Post
I know this is a continuing issue but after waiting another 2 hours on the website, one of us actually got through with only a few spots available. Filling out the form, checking the location and repeating 5 times we gave up. The IT guy at Publix ought to be fired. Get someone who knows what they are doing!
In defense of Publix: Publix didn't design it, they bought the package and it runs on a different server. There was little time to design a better system before the vaccines came rolling out. 300,00 people online trying to get only 36,000 appointments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
In my opinion, the Publix web site is a disgrace. This morning Marion (Mulberry) was allotted 600 doses. 600 doses for TV, ridiculous.
You can thank the Governor DeSantis for that. The state determines who gets what and Lake, Sumter and other counties were not in the first distributions. If Publix didn't step up to the plate to help, we'd all still be waitng and waiting with no appointment system.

Skip
Old 02-11-2021, 10:23 AM

How can they schedule out for doses that they don’t have 🤔
Old 02-11-2021, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperguy View Post
I know this is a continuing issue but after waiting another 2 hours on the website, one of us actually got through with only a few spots available. Filling out the form, checking the location and repeating 5 times we gave up. The IT guy at Publix ought to be fired. Get someone who knows what they are doing!
I agree. Got appointment on Volusia County Health Department site in 2 minutes. Got on at 9:00 and had appointment at 9:02A.M. Hour and a half drive, but I spent 2 hours twice on Publix site and still didn’t get an appointment. Might be better this week with more local pharmacies offering the vaccine.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
My wife was on the site and then I got on, after a while I got in, but she didn't!? All the locations nearby were gone so I picked Daytona Beach Publix and got 2:36 (odd number!?) and when it asked if I wanted to add someone else I said yes and entered my wife's info and picked 3 (which was the next available) then I got a message saying something was wrong (but it didn't say was wrong) so I had to enter her information again and by then only 4:30 was available.

SO yesterday we drove the 1 1/2 hours to get our shots. We were 15 minutes early and were told we had to wait (even though there was no one being served). I asked if my wife could get her shot at the same time, since we drove an 1 1/2 hours, they said NO she would have to come back. As we we waiting to get my shot another person got in line and they took him, when he came out I asked what time was his appointment, he said 3! So why was he taken ahead on me when I was ther ther early? The person giving the shots was very rude.
We waited in the parking lot until she went in at 4:15 and this time there was a different person giving the shot and they said sure, come in and gave her the shot.
We have to go back in 30 days and do this all over again. Glad we got the shot, but they do make it difficult.
Imagine being on the other side of the fence. People have gone through hell trying to get an appointment. Drove, arrived early etc.

The people we are dealing with have done how many injections in a day. Asked the same questions, had the same questions asked how many times in the day.

We are going for our first shot shortly. I hope I can be as understanding in reality as I am in my post.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
I agree. Got appointment on Volusia County Health Department site in 2 minutes. Got on at 9:00 and had appointment at 9:02A.M. Hour and a half drive, but I spent 2 hours twice on Publix site and still didn’t get an appointment. Might be better this week with more local pharmacies offering the vaccine.
I am far from an expert. I read somewhere that to get the Pfizer vaccine they need to purchase a minimum of 600 plus doses. Not sure what it is with the Moderna one.
Perhaps, an explanation as to why small places will not be able to do this
Old 02-11-2021, 10:45 AM
Default Leesburg LakeSquare Mall site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwolf1 View Post
My wife registered us on line with Lake County very quickly. They called her within the week and she scheduled both herself and me in less than 10 minutes (I listened as she answered a couple of questions). They sent us an email immediately with a link to a form to be filled out. We filled in the form and printed it out. It had a bar code at the top of the page. We took this printed form with us when we went two days later (Leesburg, Lake Mall). Arrived at 2:45 were completely finished at 3:45. Extremely well organized and very busy with dozens and dozens of staffers who were all polite, friendly and really good at what they were doing. From checking you in, crowd control, providing information as you were proceeding thru the line, giving injections and helping you exit. Whoever set this up and trained these people deserves an award. Hats off to Lake County! We will go thru the same process in three weeks for our 2nd shot.
Fully agree. But do be aware this is not a drive through or quick trip. I was 80 minutes door to door with first 50 standing in a Disney like line before getting checked on a list etc. I am not complaining, just be aware if you are feeble or tire easily. Take your walker or whatever. I heard 2000 going through yesterday.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwolf1 View Post
My wife registered us on line with Lake County very quickly. They called her within the week and she scheduled both herself and me in less than 10 minutes (I listened as she answered a couple of questions). They sent us an email immediately with a link to a form to be filled out. We filled in the form and printed it out. It had a bar code at the top of the page. We took this printed form with us when we went two days later (Leesburg, Lake Mall). Arrived at 2:45 were completely finished at 3:45. Extremely well organized and very busy with dozens and dozens of staffers who were all polite, friendly and really good at what they were doing. From checking you in, crowd control, providing information as you were proceeding thru the line, giving injections and helping you exit. Whoever set this up and trained these people deserves an award. Hats off to Lake County! We will go thru the same process in three weeks for our 2nd shot.
We had the same experience through Lake Square Mall. It was an easy process from start to finish. I’m able to call & schedule our 2nd vaccine date on 2/17. It’s my understanding that the Pfizer shot can be given in 21 days with a 4 day window before or after. The Lake County site was easy to register.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie1950 View Post
Can I ask how you register on line in Lake County. My husband registered us with that .gov site.
Got a donotreply email saying they would WEEKLY update us about availability in our area. That was Jan 29. NEVER got an update from them
We did sign up on 1/9 for the safe start site got an email saying we were registered but never got an appointment. My only concern is that now they have my Medicare #. I spent 2hrs of my life yesterday that I won’t get back watching my phone refresh on the Publix site and watching the appointments get all booked.
I’m getting to the point of the hell with it.
Myvaccine.fl.gov was the site I used to register on 1/29, received call to schedule on 2/1 & had appt for 1st round on 2/3. I also believe there is a number you can call to register.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Sam's Club, WinDixie and Walmart will also be offering vaccinations and a way to sign up for them. It is what it is.

I got on the Publix after trying for two weeks and we received our shots in Deltona, which is not far to drive and it was a pleasurable trip. The folks at Publiz were amazing and you would have thought they were getting paid by us for their service. They could not have been nicer and more accommodating.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:13 AM
Veteran member

I am wondering as I read the posts of availabilities of the vaccine, it seems to me that GMR has Sumter County, and other vaccination sites seems to be in neighboring counties. Am I wrong? Has there been any Publix sites available in Sumter County? It looked to me the closest Publix site was Mulberry in Marion County. It is my personal belief that Sumter Health Department gave the whole thing to GMR to administer and set up all that had to be done to move on the vaccines, which could be a good thing, but narrows it down to one site, one chance to sign up.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

It is what it is like Byte1 pointed out. My appointment in Gainesville was rubbed out at about 8.30 last night. They left a message which did not exactly describe why I lost my spot. I'm not going to stress it at all. I'll get another appointment somewhere, someday. It's all for a reason.
Closed Thread

Tags
publix, website, guy, checking, location

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.