Publix lease signing at Magnolia Plaza

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2020, 10:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Considering the commitment made by Publix I would guess they get first choice. Evidently Winn Dixie isn't expanding and the Walmart Neighborhood market hasn't announced any area plans either. Since Trailwinds isn't associated with The Developer and Publix is going in there I suspect there wasn't another grocery store that wanted to get into a competition with Publix, would be an uphill battle for share.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-06-2020, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw Man View Post
You are joking, correct?
Please, please tell me you are joking.
What about those folks who have one car and one golf cart in the family? I would imagine having golf cart access to a grocery store is no joke for them, especially if the car is in use on a regular basis. Just a thought.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
What about those folks who have one car and one golf cart in the family? I would imagine having golf cart access to a grocery store is no joke for them, especially if the car is in use on a regular basis. Just a thought.
WINNER! At least someone on this forum hasn't lost the ability to comprehend a rational question. My response was in reference to individuals I know firsthand that planned on shopping with the use of a golfcart and eliminating the need for two cars. They could of bought north of 44 and had the amenities, but with the promise of a grocery store in the fall of 2019 decided to purchase south. And I know of another that had to purchase a second car, adding to their budget another cost that obviously wasn't planned. I didn't assume it needed this much of an explanation but of course I was shocked as usual by the level of comprehension. Thanks coffeebean for your ability to grasp the obvious.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonblue View Post
WINNER! At least someone on this forum hasn't lost the ability to comprehend a rational question. My response was in reference to individuals I know firsthand that planned on shopping with the use of a golfcart and eliminating the need for two cars. They could of bought north of 44 and had the amenities, but with the promise of a grocery store in the fall of 2019 decided to purchase south. And I know of another that had to purchase a second car, adding to their budget another cost that obviously wasn't planned. I didn't assume it needed this much of an explanation but of course I was shocked as usual by the level of comprehension. Thanks coffeebean for your ability to grasp the obvious.
I assume the two cars are needed because they are young and both working. Changing ones life habits is difficult. Since grocery stores are open very early and very late I would think they could adjust schedules to accommodate. There are folks south of 44 that have one car and a cart, wonder how they do it?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-07-2020, 11:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by varriano View Post
I think the interesting fact in all this is while Magnolia Plaza sat empty Publix decided to build next to Lowes on 466A (outside the bubble) about halfway between Colony and Grand Traverse. I wonder if there was a message in there somewhere?
There is.
Given a choice build where the population/customer base is higher.

Some day another major chain will invest in a nearby, non Villages owned out parcel. For example a Kroger Super Store or a Wegmans would make a dent in the Publix stronghold.
It hasn't happened in the last 16 years so likely will not happen.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Seriously? Someone had to buy a second car in order to grocery shop??
Sorry, but that just doesn’t make any sense.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw Man View Post
Seriously? Someone had to buy a second car in order to grocery shop??
Sorry, but that just doesn’t make any sense.
Really? Really?
Old 01-09-2020, 12:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,599 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by varriano View Post
I think the interesting fact in all this is while Magnolia Plaza sat empty Publix decided to build next to Lowes on 466A (outside the bubble) about halfway between Colony and Grand Traverse. I wonder if there was a message in there somewhere?
My guess is that Publix wants to compete with Winn Dixie wherever they may be. Trailwinds was an opportunity to build a store across the street from a Winn Dixie.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Thesehome purchase reasons seem rather silly...……..
Old 01-09-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Thesehome purchase reasons seem rather silly...……..
So tell me why you purchased your home where you did and for those reasons I'll just assume they were silly. Makes sense right?
Old 01-09-2020, 03:20 PM

It was supposed to be completed quite some time ago, they've been talking about this for nearly a year now. That's why nobody is too excited. Same with golf car bridges and connectivity north of 44. It would be refreshing if explanations of delays were explained rather than leaving it to conjecture.

Tags
totv, worried, people, publix, commenting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.