Publix new vax line opens tomorrow

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2021, 11:10 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!
Default Publix new vax line opens tomorrow

From their website:
Starting Wednesday, February 24 after 7:00 a.m. EST (6:00 a.m. CST), eligible customers can access COVID-19 vaccine appointment availability beginning Friday, February 26. Please reference the County Availability section below for the latest vaccine scheduling information.

Vaccination appointments are scheduled online only. Appointments cannot be made by calling Publix or the Publix Pharmacy.

COVID-19 Vaccine Announcement in Florida | Publix Super Markets

Old 02-24-2021, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

You have to remember that there are 6 to 10 times as many people trying to get an appointment as there are doses available.

I was one of the lucky ones to get through about five weeks ago.

I was very impressed , but not surprised, by how well Publix handled this. I showed up a few minutes early for my first dose and was taken right on time. At that point, I was given an appointment exactly four weeks to the minute for my second dose. Showed up Monday ten minutes before my appointment time, filled out a little paperwork and again was taken right on time.

I understand that it can be frustrating trying to get an appointment but I think that things are loosening up now. As more and more people get their shots there will be less and less demand.

I wish you all good luck. The sooner that everyone that wants to be vaccinated gets their shots, the sooner we'll all be able to ditch the masks and social distancing protocols.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-17-2021, 07:40 AM
Default J &j

I tried for the first time this a.m. to book for J&J, as my age group is now eligible. On the Publix site at 7, waited half an hour before I was given an opportunity to book a store. Most counties available by that time were in the Panhandle or Miami. So I would choose a store, only to be told that one was full, try another. Not my lucky day I guess!
Old 03-17-2021, 08:42 AM

Here’s my experience last week:
I tried signing onto the Publix website last Friday at exactly 7am for the Moderna shot. It didn’t let me in and give me the “waiting” screen until about 7:01am.
I waited 2 hours and 10 minutes before given the chance to make an appointment.

I selected Sumter county and was given an appointment at a store about 1 1/2 hours away. I gave up that appointment and scrolled through and finally found a store in Eustis. I didn’t understand why nothing closer was coming up because the wait screen said that 70% of Sumter county appointments were still available.

I went back and selected Marion county and then all the Villages stores came up! I selected the Colony store and had the appointment yesterday.
Old 03-17-2021, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yucatan2 View Post
I tried for the first time this a.m. to book for J&J, as my age group is now eligible. On the Publix site at 7, waited half an hour before I was given an opportunity to book a store. Most counties available by that time were in the Panhandle or Miami. So I would choose a store, only to be told that one was full, try another. Not my lucky day I guess!
No it wasn't but as I stated, there are far more people trying to book appointments than there are doses available. I have had people tell me that they went to sites that are administering the vaccine without appointments and waited in line for hours. In some cases, after waiting for hours, they were told that there were no more dose available. Personally, I'd rather sit in front of my computer in my pajamas drinking tea for a few hours than to wait at some location that I've driven to and wait in line in the hopes of getting a vaccine.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
publix, february, availability, vaccine, a.m

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.