Publix Pharmacy

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2023, 08:30 PM
Veteran member
Default Publix Pharmacy

Anyone use Publix Pharmacy? Wondering how they're with stock and customer service. I know Publix employees are very nice but how about Publix Pharmacy.

How about the app is it good, it doesn't have very good ratings in the app store.

I've used CVS all my life but they seem so busy all the time and have problems keeping stock on certain meds.

Any input is appreciated.
Old 02-06-2023, 09:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,688 Times in 5,234 Posts

I use Publix Pharmacy and I would recommend it. Not nearly as crowded as CVS or Walgreens.
Old 02-06-2023, 09:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

We use Publix also. Specifically the one at Lake Deaton Plaza. We've been going there for two years now and have always had great service.

The app is pretty week but is useful enough to download it.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 02-06-2023, 09:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

need to check with your insurance, in my case, CVS is the preferred pharmacy, for my wife Publix. In any case the people are friendly, but there have been a few occasions where they were short on my wife's prescriptions, she is now using mail in for most, and the local pharmacy for the occasional short term drugs.
Old 02-06-2023, 09:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Publix at Highway 44 and Powell Road was frequently out of my meds. I use Walgreens on 466A and Powell Road now.
Old 02-06-2023, 09:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

They tend to be pretty great. I've had only one negative experience with them in the three years I've been getting prescriptions filled there. I price-shop, and they're usually the best if you have a high co-pay with regular insurance, and your meds are cheaper than the co-pay.

On the other hand, I've discovered that Premier Pharmacy is a preferred provider for my current rx plan, and I can now get one of my meds for only $4 and the other is $1 - for a 90-day supply. So I'll stick with them this year. Who knows what FloridaBlue will stick me with next year.

I'm retired, I have time to price shop. It's an adventure.
Old 02-07-2023, 02:37 AM

Lana, Jeff and the entire staff of the Publix Pharmacy at Traverse Trail have been exceptional each and every time I've worked with them. I would recommend them with unbridled enthusiasm!
Old 02-07-2023, 06:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGibson View Post
Anyone use Publix Pharmacy? Wondering how they're with stock and customer service. I know Publix employees are very nice but how about Publix Pharmacy.

How about the app is it good, it doesn't have very good ratings in the app store.

I've used CVS all my life but they seem so busy all the time and have problems keeping stock on certain meds.

we use them after walgreens became so overrun it couldnt fill our rx's on time or with accuracy. they're good, no complaints, just let them know if u need an rx right away, or it may not be ready for a day or 2. clerks friendly & happy, no regrets
Old 02-07-2023, 07:29 AM

We use them, think they are great. They even know my name and address me by name when I go in. I have NEVER met one employee in The Pharmacy who has been anything other than very accommodating and helpful. I shop Southern Trace.
Old 02-07-2023, 07:35 AM

FWIW - We use the one at Lake Deaton and they have done a great job, Magnolia Plaza is a lot closer but they have had a lot of issues and are often out of medication. Like many, our insurance dictates more of where we get our meds. Just this year I had to move over to Amazon for my medications and so far it's been a great experience. On some of the generic items I get a better price because I am a Prime member than my insurance rate. My wife is at CVS now, tried Mail Order (CVS Caremark) and they always screwed things up, so she went back to CVS local. I still use Publix for my last minute medical needs though.
Old 02-07-2023, 08:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNH View Post
We use them, think they are great. They even know my name and address me by name when I go in. I have NEVER met one employee in The Pharmacy who has been anything other than very accommodating and helpful. I shop Southern Trace.
Thanks, this would be the one I'd be using they just didn't seem like that had a big stock but I'm going to give them a try today.

CVS and Walgreens seem so overwhelmed these days.

I would do mail order but some of meds are ineligible.

Thanks everyone for your input.
Old 02-07-2023, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNH View Post
LOL! we do, too. too funny to be on a 1st name basis with the drug stores.
Old 02-07-2023, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Thanks, this would be the one I'd be using they just didn't seem like that had a big stock but I'm going to give them a try today.

CVS and Walgreens seem so overwhelmed these days.

I would do mail order but some of meds are ineligible.

Thanks everyone for your input.
You can do mail order for the ones that are eligible, and go to the counter for the ones that aren't. There are also the home delivery services from the local pharmacies that are /not/ mail-order as options, if you don't want to have to go to the store each time.
Old 02-07-2023, 09:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Publix is great. And don't assume that your mail order prices are going to be better. I've switched 3 of my meds to Publix because the copay with them was actually less than with Express Scripts. I only discovered this when my doc accidentally sent a renewal to Publix instead of Express Scripts. Imagine my surprise.
Old 02-07-2023, 05:01 PM
Veteran member

Well had my first encounter with Publix Pharmacy and it was pleasant, it was more personable than just being another number at CVS or Walgreens.

I like that the Pharmacist isn't up on a higher level than me.

How did that trend get started, it's like looking up to a Judge on the elevated bench. lol.
Closed Thread

Tags
publix, pharmacy, app, good, stock

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.