Publix phasing out plastic bags

Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2020, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back9 View Post
Your objective is to eliminate the option of plastic bags, correct?

If not, what's the point of the "no bags" virtue signaling?
I'll re-summarize in simple terms that even you can understand:

This thread is about a rumor that Publix will be getting rid of plastic bags. That's not my opinion. It's a fact. That really is what this thread is about.

My opinion is:

IF...the rumor is true, THEN..you have options.

I listed the options I came up with, for how to handle the situation IF it is true.
Old 01-31-2020, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Activists need causes to be active about. They pick some issues and run with them regardless of their merits. I have learned the hard way that it is a wast of time to try to debate logic with these folks.

Indeed.

We need to face the fact the people are often NOT motivated by logic. That doesn't mean theyr are not going to act -- however dangerous and oppressive those actions might be to the rest of us.

So, if they are NOT motivated by logic, what ARE they motivated by? Answer: establishing -- and making themselves member of -- a group/tribe/herd. "Belonging" is a crucial part of survival, especially for women (most "anti-*******" are women) AND signalling a sense of superiority -- no-one wants to be ordinary, so "Look at me! I'm not one of those unwashed masses who use plastic bags...". Being Anti-Bag and flaunting same is signalling belonging to a specific group with specific rituals and identifiers.

The Anti-******* are dangerous to the rest of use because they have an aggressive agenda - the "logical" end point of their schtick is banning plastics for everyone. Crazy? Of course, but like we said, "logic" is not part of the equation, nor what motivates these people.

Call me an old f*rt, but human tribe is better off when people get their social needs and sense of specialness from the Church, as opposed to these pagan, state-imposed, ersatz religions.

Closed Thread

Tags
publix, bags, re-usable, phasing, plastic

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.