Publix won't take returns

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2020, 04:28 PM

"What did people do before these were invented? "

My grandparents, children of German immigrants, inherited a quarter section in central Missouri, that's 160 acres (of rocks).

They had a "two holer" behind the creamery.

Hanging on a hook was a cast-off copy of a Sear's Catalog.
The Village Rockers is now forming. Stay "tuned" for further details about this new club for musicians, singers and spectators. Send us your name and email address. We will put you on our email list for news, updates, meeting times and playdates.
Old 03-21-2020, 05:38 PM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

heard it got started because 1 fellow sneezed & 10 innocent fearful nearby bystanders **** their pants,,, 1 thing led to another & shortages/panic buying began
Old 03-21-2020, 10:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

We think we have enough toilet paper (20 single rolls), but somehow we dropped the ball on paper towels and napkins, and we are pretty much out. After perusing what's left on Amazon, we are now the proud owners of a 400-foot-long roll of non-perforated paper toweling. The only thing available on Amazon. It will get used, but I'll be taking a box cutter to it every 10 inches...

BTW, don't flush paper toweling down the john, it's too thick and will cause a jam.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:15 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
We think we have enough toilet paper (20 single rolls), but somehow we dropped the ball on paper towels and napkins, and we are pretty much out. After perusing what's left on Amazon, we are now the proud owners of a 400-foot-long roll of non-perforated paper toweling. The only thing available on Amazon. It will get used, but I'll be taking a box cutter to it every 10 inches...

BTW, don't flush paper toweling down the john, it's too thick and will cause a jam.
And we are running low on Liquid soap (to wash our hands). I went to 4 places today to find liquid hand soap. All were out. I resent all of you that took more than you need.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,437 Times in 3,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
And we are running low on Liquid soap (to wash our hands). I went to 4 places today to find liquid hand soap. All were out. I resent all of you that took more than you need.
"More than you need" is subjective. As long as I'm capable of wiping my butt, I will need toilet paper. So figure at least another 20 years.

However, I don't need enough toilet paper to last me 20 years. I ALWAYS keep around 20-40 rolls, because I buy it in 20-roll packages. Usually just one and when I get around halfway down to the last one I buy another one. But sometimes they're on sale, so I'll buy another one anyway.

I already had 45 rolls as of a month ago - and saw that the shelves were empty at the supermarket. Figured that I'll use my staples rewards credit and see if there's another 20-pack on the shelf there. There were a few. I grabbed one.

So now, if any of my neighbors run low, I can give them a roll and they don't have to worry about running low.

I did the same with paper towels, but I never stock up that much of those, just one 8-pack. So now I have 2 8-packs.

I have a quart of rubbing alcohol, because I always keep a quart of rubbing alcohol in the house. I didn't stock up on it, it's more than I'll use in a year.

No bleach because I never use it. It makes me wheeze. I might grab a jug anyway next time I see one though, because I realize now it's probably a good idea to have it around.

The lady who bought out the entire Dollar Store inventory of around 40 CASES of TP and Paper Towels and laughed when she was confronted - now THAT is overbuying. Unless she's GIVING it away - she is contemptable.
Closed Thread

Tags
publix, products, continue, purchased, declared

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.