Pulled over 20 minutes ago on Churchill Downs going into Belvedere area.

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2016, 08:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts
Default Pulled over 20 minutes ago on Churchill Downs going into Belvedere area.

The polite policeman asked me how I-- George-- was doing tonight. My Dad is George and his license was revoked because he is legally blind in one eye. And his sight is limited a little in the other.

I told him I was Jon and gave him my driver's license. Birthday 2-24-1959.

He checked it and then gave my drivers' license back to me after his walk to and from the car.

Anyway. I am glad that they are doing this even though I was trying to figure out what I had done wrong to see the lights flashing. I am usually a slower driver than most.

Job well done anyway to the Sumter County Sheriff's Office or whatever LEO the officer tonight originated. I would not want my Dad George out there driving either.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
The polite policeman asked me how I-- George-- was doing tonight. My Dad is George and his license was revoked because he is legally blind in one eye. And his sight is limited a little in the other.

I told him I was Jon and gave him my driver's license. Birthday 2-24-1959.

He checked it and then gave my drivers' license back to me after his walk to and from the car.

Anyway. I am glad that they are doing this even though I was trying to figure out what I had done wrong to see the lights flashing. I am usually a slower driver than most.

Job well done anyway to the Sumter County Sheriff's Office or whatever LEO the officer tonight originated. I would not want my Dad George out there driving either.

Way to go Tal! A polite conversation between an upright citizen and an outstanding LEO doing his/her job. Too bad everyone can't deal with LEOs in as civil a manner.

Were you driving a car registered to your Dad?
Old 03-12-2016, 09:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Good job Tal. It's been a while since I got pulled over and I am one of the people who leaves a little early instead of rushing like a fool. The job that the police do has to be rough. When I see them pulling someone over in a dangerous spot I always wish for their safety. We know you may have been rushing home so the Lobster didn't spoil. Very nice how you respected the officer....a great example.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Way to go Tal! A polite conversation between an upright citizen and an outstanding LEO doing his/her job. Too bad everyone can't deal with LEOs in as civil a manner.

Were you driving a car registered to your Dad?
Yes. I was driving a car registered to George. This is the second time this has happened but my mother was driving the first and my Dad was the passenger. They were in a parking lot at that time.

I was coming home from getting Subway because someone must have left the phone off the hook at Beef O'Brady's as I could not get through to order and did not want to wait around at the bar at Beefs for an in person order. No lobster involved.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Bless your dear heart, JON. You did good and made us proud. That is what I taught my kids. You have warmed my heart tonight. You are such a good fellow.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

not all on the ball, sheriff cars traveling south. Was traveling north on BV just pass saddlebrook. White caddie pass me going at least 55 MPH. Leo Went on by and caddie kept speeding up BV. I doubt he could of caught him anyway? No, he was in no hurry going down BV. How I know the caddie was going at least 50? I was doing 38 and the caddie flew by me. I hit my brakes to slow down hoping his radar (if he had it on?) didn't track me instead of the caddie.

During my travels mostly in the day I see little law enforcement enforcing traffic laws.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:27 AM
Veteran member

It's always good to see a cop doing his job.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Bless your dear heart, JON. You did good and made us proud. That is what I taught my kids. You have warmed my heart tonight. You are such a good fellow.
Thanks, Graciegirl.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Yes. I was driving a car registered to George. This is the second time this has happened but my mother was driving the first and my Dad was the passenger. They were in a parking lot at that time.

I was coming home from getting Subway because someone must have left the phone off the hook at Beef O'Brady's as I could not get through to order and did not want to wait around at the bar at Beefs for an in person order. No lobster involved.
Probably would not have happened if you were driving your own car...
Old 03-13-2016, 09:00 AM
Eternal Member

I really am curious as to WHY the policeman pulled the car over. The police cannot be running every plate to see if the owner has a valid license. Did the officer just know that car belonged to someone with a suspended license and assume he was the driver?
Old 03-13-2016, 09:15 AM
Sage

Most police departments today use ALPR technology (automatic license plate recognition) in the squads. It is a system that utilizes cameras and computers in the squad.

They can also use that equipment to capture pics of driver as they pass oncoming traffic. The cameras also have infrared capability (to work in the dark). Much easier to catch and convict drinking while driving and seatbelt violations.
Old 03-13-2016, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

Quote:

Taltarzac, you may want to research driving a car belonging to someone else. I am guessing that your father does not have insurance, since he does not have a license. This might lead to some problems if you were involved in an accident, while driving his car. I am not an expert by an means in this area, it just seems you might be asking for trouble, just my humble opinion.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Taltarzac, you may want to research driving a car belonging to someone else. I am guessing that your father does not have insurance, since he does not have a license. This might lead to some problems if you were involved in an accident, while driving his car. I am not an expert by an means in this area, it just seems you might be asking for trouble, just my humble opinion.
He has insurance for me. He did also for my late younger brother who got charges for a DUI and leaving a scene of an accident here in the Villages on CR466 and Morse in the same car I was driving last night. The insurance went way up after that as the insurance company claimed that my younger brother still had access to the car even though my Dad took away the keys and would not allow him to drive. My younger brother Chuck passed on December 4, 2014 so that is no longer an issue.

My 224 613 Project has had consequences on my lifestyle and other everyday things. The Sumter County Sheriff's Office probably knows about this Project as well as I wrote them back in 2005 and received a nice response from the Sumter County Sheriff Bill Farmer. It was in response to a letter I sent them about my car -- a few vehicles back- breaking down and the officer who stopped behind my car and waited for AAA to come a give me a tow.

I do not see why an officer just doing patrol would know about my 224 613 Project unless he reads Talk of the Villages or is in my Facebook universe or somehow is connected to my massive amount of e-mails sent out from 1999 through 2005 or so. I still send out e-mails but nothing like what I send out when we were in Palm Harbor, Florida. I also have a lot of friends involved in this Project in some way or another. Google Taltarzac725 if you do not know what I am talking about with this Project which involves contacts I made while earning four degrees in 5 states from 1976 through 1989.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
He has insurance for me. He did also for my late younger brother who got charges for a DUI and leaving a scene of an accident here in the Villages on CR466 and Morse in the same car I was driving last night. The insurance went way up after that as the insurance company claimed that my younger brother still had access to the car even though my Dad took away the keys and would not allow him to drive. My younger brother Chuck passed on December 4, 2014 so that is no longer an issue.

My 224 613 Project has had consequences on my lifestyle and other everyday things. The Sumter County Sheriff's Office probably knows about this Project as well as I wrote them back in 2005 and received a nice response from the Sumter County Sheriff Bill Farmer. It was in response to a letter I sent them about my car -- a few vehicles back- breaking down and the officer who stopped behind my car and waited for AAA to come a give me a tow.

I do not see why an officer just doing patrol would know about my 224 613 Project unless he reads Talk of the Villages or is in my Facebook universe or somehow is connected to my massive amount of e-mails sent out from 1999 through 2005 or so. I still send out e-mails but nothing like what I send out when we were in Palm Harbor, Florida. I also have a lot of friends involved in this Project in some way or another. Google Taltarzac725 if you do not know what I am talking about with this Project which involves contacts I made while earning four degrees in 5 states from 1976 through 1989.
You're a nice guy Tal
Old 03-13-2016, 02:32 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
I really am curious as to WHY the policeman pulled the car over. The police cannot be running every plate to see if the owner has a valid license. Did the officer just know that car belonged to someone with a suspended license and assume he was the driver?
Profiling.
Closed Thread

Tags
license, tonight, gave, drivers, officer, driver, originated, car, job, glad, leo, figure, office, lights, sheriffs, flashing, slower, wrong, sumter, county, jon, polite, area, belvedere, policeman

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.