Purging Regret

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2019, 09:55 AM
Default That is a guy wife issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedivergirl View Post
We did pretty well, but I could have gotten rid of some china. I brought it all down thinking we would entertain more. We do, but it is impromptu, and most of the dishes have never left their cabinet.

DH misses his bucket of bolts. It came with a lake cabin we bought, a decades old collection of random hardware. You could rummage through it and almost always find a suitable washer or nut. Now we have to go to the store.
Re: bucket of bolts.
Truth-I have several. Don't understand why the wife says I have some screws loose.

If all else fails, dare not enter that path, LOOK IN HER SHOE COLLECTION.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:12 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
Re: bucket of bolts.
Truth-I have several. Don't understand why the wife says I have some screws loose.

If all else fails, dare not enter that path, LOOK IN HER SHOE COLLECTION.
Shoe collection - - my wife’s collection will surpass anybody’s! And that is okay.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:22 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Shoe collection - - my wife’s collection will surpass anybody’s! And that is okay.
It's obvious you've never seen my ex-wife's shoe collection! It could fill two semi trucks.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:16 PM
Sage

The stuff I was able to sell paid for moving the rest of it
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 02-27-2019, 12:53 PM
Default My opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by awolfe View Post
Moving to TV this summer. Based on advice on TOTV I am getting rid of most of my stuff in my 30 year old house. Was there anything you ‘left behind’ that you wish you brought along? Eg card table, coolers, fans?
Not sure why you would ask others, others that do not know you,
what you should take with you. For that matter people who do not know what home you are buying.

For me, I wish I could have taken my basement. There are no basements here unless someone is calling a basement an indoor swimming pool.

Your move. We did a long distance move. Our cost was, it is calculated by weight, was .57 per 10 lbs plus extra for insurance. Truly simple. If, you own an old generator. Is it worth moving or might it be a wiser idea to sell it and buy another one.

Regrets? I do not allow any at all. I think, I plan and always based on the information I had at the time, the decision I made was the right one. The Villages-we have electricity, in door plumbing and no shortage of stores.

If, I recall, our move was like 300 BOXES. A suggestion, I would photograph everything you pack. Should something break or the box disappear you will need proof, that you had it and that it was properly packed.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

The last move my wife and I made back home, we discovered that a large amount of 'stuff' belonged to the kids.
Ultimatum was. Two days to collect, or it's gone.
Never had a problem since.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts

No regrets. We've still got way too much. Downsizing is hard. Best wishes.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
My snowblower. Not easy to find one down here.
Awesome!

Old 03-11-2019, 03:19 PM

After checking with kids and grandkids, we got rid of 2/3 of our stuff before we moved here. Haven't missed one single thing. We have already made donations of things we thought we'd need but haven't. We have things we haven't needed and will now get rid of more. Best to get rid of them before you move here. I, too, took pictures of sentimental things and do peruse those from time to time. No need to have their physical presence, the pictures are good. It is such a relief to be free of the burden of keeping things.
Closed Thread

Tags
‘left, house, behind’, table, coolers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.