Push mowers

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2021, 05:26 PM
Default Push mowers

Could someone please give me some contact info. for someone, or company ( reliable) that will push mow the lawn? Thanks
Old 05-10-2021, 06:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colzee View Post
Could someone please give me some contact info. for someone, or company ( reliable) that will push mow the lawn? Thanks
I do wonder why you are asking. Push mower to me is the old reel type mowers. The pros if they do not use a riding mower, will have a heavy large self propelled rotary mower.
We did have a guy who used a walk behind self propelled mower. Frankly we like the guy. He did not do a good job. We never complained paid him on time. He like so many of these guys disappeared.
It may not sound that way but I am not a difficult or a picky customer. Reliable?
A suggestion, most of these people work an area so avoid wasted time and expense of driving around the villages. I would ask your neighbors.
Old 05-10-2021, 06:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

I believe he is referring to a "walk behind power mower" and not an old fashioned spinning reel mower. Bowles Services (352) 292-4272 does our lawn and about 10 others in the area. They offer an option for a push (walk behind) normal mower vs. the large ride-ons that can often tear up your lawn if not handled properly when they turn. Also, our property is partially "hilly" and the push mower really is the only way it can be done in those areas. We have a small 2/2 Colony with a relatively small lawn so the difference was only a couple bucks for the "push vs. rider" option.

Lawn Mowing and Maintenance | Landscaping | Tree Trimming | Bowles Services – Serving The Villages and Surrounding Areas
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Closed Thread

Tags
push, lawn, mow, reliable, company

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.