Old 02-08-2023, 07:42 AM
Veteran member
Default Quantum outage south of 466a

Anyone experience internet outage last couple days
Old 02-08-2023, 12:16 PM

No, not at all
Old 02-09-2023, 09:50 AM
Veteran member

finally all fixed 32 slot card at there switch center that had a outage for two days that they did nothing about until i lite them up. 6.5 hours at my property, Ughhhhh dog and pony show.
Old 02-09-2023, 01:56 PM

I am just south of 466A in Sanibel. On January 4 I lost my Quantum Fiber Internet. It took them 8 days before they could send a technician out to fix the problem. When they came 8 days later the technician did not fix the problem and left without even advising me what was going on. The next day I contacted Quantum customer support and was given the story that there was a problem in a main panel that feeds the entire neighborhood. This box is located down on Pinellas. They said it should be fixed in 3 to 5 more days. At about that time one of my neighbors also lost their Quantum Fiber internet connection. Surprisingly, they were able to send out a technician to my neighbor right away. Yup, same story as I got, it was a problem in the main panel feeding the neighborhood.

After 13 days which included the initial downtime to first technician visit and the additional 5 days they told me was needed to repair the problem I still had no internet. After multiple communications to their customer support number I could get nothing but continual excuses why they could not get my internet working. They would not connect me to any supervisor even though I requested it. Each time I contacted them they said they are "so sorry for loss of your service but they will issue a credit for the days I am without service". I told them I have other streaming services which are costing much more per day than what their service cost. I asked if they were going to reimburse me for that as well. Of course they would not consider that. They also told me they would regularly follow up with me to keep me informed of the status. I never received a single contact from them for the 20 days I was without service.

After 20 days my neighbor and I decided to give up on Quantum and switched to Xfinity. I still wonder how many days it took them to finally resolve the problem, if they ever did. After seeing your OP I wonder is your issue was the same as mine. All totaled Quantum Fiber cost me about $200 out of pocket due to 20 days where I could not utilize several streaming services that I had to pay for, such as YouTubeTV, plus a $100 fee to get Xfinity connected.
Old 02-09-2023, 05:00 PM

Fiber is great - when it is reliable. I find that the "old school" methods may not be as fast, but they are more mature and easier to fix. I used to have DSL and it was slow (mostly due to squirrels constantly eating thru the cable) and it took me several calls to a level-4 technician to get my circuit #, card # and provider so when there was a problem, I could say, "You don't have to go thru your script, please put in a repair ticket for blah, blah, blah."

I'm not in TV yet, but up here in NYC, Verizon FIOS is horrible. Equipment constantly breaks, there are outages with the same deer-in-the-headlights excuses you got. I was forced to switch to FIOS for my landline; I refused to get their internet service. I currently use Spectrum and they are great.
Old 02-11-2023, 09:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom52 View Post
I am just south of 466A in Sanibel. On January 4 I lost my Quantum Fiber Internet. It took them 8 days before they could send a technician out to fix the problem. When they came 8 days later the technician did not fix the problem and left without even advising me what was going on. The next day I contacted Quantum customer support and was given the story that there was a problem in a main panel that feeds the entire neighborhood. This box is located down on Pinellas. They said it should be fixed in 3 to 5 more days. At about that time one of my neighbors also lost their Quantum Fiber internet connection. Surprisingly, they were able to send out a technician to my neighbor right away. Yup, same story as I got, it was a problem in the main panel feeding the neighborhood.

After 13 days which included the initial downtime to first technician visit and the additional 5 days they told me was needed to repair the problem I still had no internet. After multiple communications to their customer support number I could get nothing but continual excuses why they could not get my internet working. They would not connect me to any supervisor even though I requested it. Each time I contacted them they said they are "so sorry for loss of your service but they will issue a credit for the days I am without service". I told them I have other streaming services which are costing much more per day than what their service cost. I asked if they were going to reimburse me for that as well. Of course they would not consider that. They also told me they would regularly follow up with me to keep me informed of the status. I never received a single contact from them for the 20 days I was without service.

After 20 days my neighbor and I decided to give up on Quantum and switched to Xfinity. I still wonder how many days it took them to finally resolve the problem, if they ever did. After seeing your OP I wonder is your issue was the same as mine. All totaled Quantum Fiber cost me about $200 out of pocket due to 20 days where I could not utilize several streaming services that I had to pay for, such as YouTubeTV, plus a $100 fee to get Xfinity connected.
Well fortunately i have some inside corporate contacts including influence on there technicians. What a dog and pony show and lite there a*ses up that day. Quantum is trying to fix there infrastructure and customer service. I will update when i get more info. If i didn't have the contacts i did i would of been out 20 days as well.
Quantum is good value for the price and xfinity has also its challenges ughhh
Closed Thread

Tags
outage, quantum, south, 466a, experience

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.