Quarry blasting Fenney, cracked foundations?

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Where are you getting all of your information about what is going on “out there”?
Due Diligence!! Husband wanted to build in Marsh Bend or Lake Okahumpka. I’ve been a part timer in TV for five years and I have friends that have moved to Fenney, Desoto and McClure. One of them is actually selling a home that’s less than a year old.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:35 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Many people are not accustomed to having concrete slab foundations. They crack.. it’s not a bad thing, it is just part of the natural earth movements. Can it it be a bad thing? Yes, but most cracks in the concrete are not a problem.
If the process is rushed, the concrete not properly prepared or watered prior to pouring after it is starting to set, or not correctly allowed to cure, cracks will occur.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-31-2018, 06:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
If the process is rushed, the concrete not properly prepared or watered prior to pouring after it is starting to set, or not correctly allowed to cure, cracks will occur.
Again, I point out that you don't own here or live here and I say that Frank DeAngelo who is a qualified and well trusted home inspector who has been used by many of us has weighed in. I don't have a dog in this fight other than it really ****es me off when people say things about a new area that are negative. I don't know if they are jealous or what. When we were building our current home just off 466 eight years ago, people on this forum said that they would never want to live here because of the road noise. Our homes here are so convenient to everything and the values continue to increase. Real people live in Fenney, they love it there and do not need to read these stupid rumors and nasty comments about the place they have chosen to call home. Stop being nasty just for the sake of it. (not you Manabouttown, but the other folks who keep ranting)

I am angry and depressed at the world this morning and need coffee. Sorry gang.

It's gonna be a beautiful day in The Villages.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyGuy View Post
Yes, the candidate in question is misleading residents into thinking that she will fix the blasting issue once elected to the CDD.

Fortunately, we have a better choice in Andrew Bilardello who understands what a CDD supervisor can and cannot do.
AH HAH. So this issue is at the crux of the debate. Well dingy dam doo dah.

Dear FenneyGuy. I sure hope you continue to enjoy your home in your lovely village. We love to drive around your beautiful area when we (frequently) go to the Fenney grill. (Which we are going to do tonight)
Old 10-31-2018, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
AH HAH. So this issue is at the crux of the debate. Well dingy dam doo dah.

Dear FenneyGuy. I sure hope you continue to enjoy your home in your lovely village. We love to drive around your beautiful area when we (frequently) go to the Fenney grill. (Which we are going to do tonight)
Yes, Gracie, we do have a choice. I often go to the Fenney Grill for Happy Hour. If you're there, look for me. Just ask for Bob.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 10-31-2018, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Again, I point out that you don't own here or live here and I say that Frank DeAngelo who is a qualified and well trusted home inspector who has been used by many of us has weighed in.
I agree with gracie, what is the benefit of your implied negative post?
Old 10-31-2018, 11:51 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Others in Florida have blasting issues -> White Rock Quarries' blasting in Miami bothers residents | Miami Herald

Article covers both sides. Sounds like these people have a much larger boom problem.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:06 PM
Sage

Pretty much any large expanse of concrete will crack.

Quote:
Old 10-31-2018, 02:36 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,759 Posts

Why Concrete Cracks - The Concrete Network

much the same explanation 5 REASONS WHY CONCRETE CRACKS - WiseCracks.com

and most comprehensively CFA: Concrete Cracking Overview

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 10-31-2018 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:42 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Pretty much any large expanse of concrete will crack.
That's ridiculous. I have seen many very large expanses of concrete old and new without a crack anywhere.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

It’s so funny how some want to draw a line between the new villages and old. Why do people care where someone buys their home, telling them what a big mistake they made, and their stupidity in doing so.

It’s not new, issue, when we bought in pennacamp we heard same things, end of the earth, what were we thinking.

News flash very few hate where they bought their home, in TV, despite what Some have have to say, and if they choose to sell, it can be done without much effort.

If those opposed to buying in Fenney and the new parts could explain why it effects them, and why you are so against those that do. It’s not your money, enjoy where you chose to live, and let’s welcome the newcomers wherever their home might be.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

This Fenney bashing and this thread is getting old...……..
Old 10-31-2018, 04:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
This Fenney bashing and this thread is getting old...……..
You are absolutely correct. I would imagine if all that people who mentioned the prison mentioned the prisons Superstar is gone the property values should skyrocket. Fenney is fantastic. Period.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:00 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
It’s so funny how some want to draw a line between the new villages and old. Why do people care where someone buys their home, telling them what a big mistake they made, and their stupidity in doing so.

It’s not new, issue, when we bought in pennacamp we heard same things, end of the earth, what were we thinking.

News flash very few hate where they bought their home, in TV, despite what Some have have to say, and if they choose to sell, it can be done without much effort.

If those opposed to buying in Fenney and the new parts could explain why it effects them, and why you are so against those that do. It’s not your money, enjoy where you chose to live, and let’s welcome the newcomers wherever their home might be.
I totally don't understand why people who are happy where they are would want to comment about where others choose to buy.
Closed Thread

Tags
blasting, quarry, blasts, fenney, foundations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.