A question about entertainment venues

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2019, 11:19 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts
Default A question about entertainment venues

Questions for those of you that have been here for awhile.

When was that last time TV built a major venue site such as The Sharon or the Savannah Center auditorium? What was the population in TV at the time? Are there any plans to add similar venues in the south part of TV?

The last small/medium venue I know about is The Studio theater that was created by closing the main dining room in Tierra Del Sol CC and converting it. They also screened in a large patio space and now use it as the restaurant.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 11-05-2019, 11:27 AM
Sage

The description of the Everglades Rec Center says it has a "theater." When it opens on Friday, we can see how it compares with the Savannah Center.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,298 Times in 819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
Questions for those of you that have been here for awhile.

When was that last time TV built a major venue site such as The Sharon or the Savannah Center auditorium? What was the population in TV at the time? Are there any plans to add similar venues in the south part of TV?

The last small/medium venue I know about is The Studio theater that was created by closing the main dining room in Tierra Del Sol CC and converting it. They also screened in a large patio space and now use it as the restaurant.
You must be fairly recent Villager. The Sharon was built in 2015. It replaced The Church On The Square. Actually built onto The Church On The Square. The Church On The Square also had nightly entertainment several nights per week for very low admission price. I especially miss the holiday countdown which was every night in December. Admission was $2 or a can of food for the local soup kitchens. Given the lack of top shelf entertainment at the Sharon I believe this decision was a terrible trade off. But then again I knew when I purchased here TV is not a democracy. Thankful for the great entertainment I did get enjoy in the past. There was some incredible local talent that played at the church.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:15 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

Rustyp , I am relatively new; since about 2015. Given huge expansion of TV since then, 2015 is a good while ago.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 11-05-2019, 12:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
You must be fairly recent Villager. The Sharon was built in 2015. It replaced The Church On The Square. Actually built onto The Church On The Square. The Church On The Square also had nightly entertainment several nights per week for very low admission price. I especially miss the holiday countdown which was every night in December. Admission was $2 or a can of food for the local soup kitchens. Given the lack of top shelf entertainment at the Sharon I believe this decision was a terrible trade off. But then again I knew when I purchased here TV is not a democracy. Thankful for the great entertainment I did get enjoy in the past. There was some incredible local talent that played at the church.
The Sharon has pretty high percent of house sold for most performances! And fully booked for just as many!
Old 11-05-2019, 01:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,298 Times in 819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The Sharon has pretty high percent of house sold for most performances! And fully booked for just as many!
Yes and so was The Church On The Square when there was 100,000 people less that lived here. Ah the good old days. You probably don't even remember The Four Deva's. I'll trade them off against those has beens that are playing at The Sharon any day of the week. Most of them can't carry a tune in a wheelbarrow anymore.
Old 11-05-2019, 02:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

If you have been here since 2015, well I don't understand the post. You have the same resources as the rest of us....which is zero. . The Developer only announces when it is in his best interest to do so which is a smart way to do business. Just as a comment, the venues sell out because people buy tickets and tastes vary. While the four Diva's may have been great (in the good old days) I suspect they can't hold a candle to some of the performers (not legacy) at both venues. All a matter of preference.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
venue, time, venues, dining, main

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.