Question about pool installation costs

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2017, 05:19 AM
Veteran member
Default Fiesta the Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I think their prices are too high. We had Fiesta in Ocala put in the pool, solar and bird cage. We are 100% satisfied. We were in our pool 35 days after the start of excavation.
Hi,
We had Fiesta Pools put our very large pool and spa in and they worked extremely hard, very reasonably priced (almost half the quote from All Seasons!) and like the above post, we were also in the pool in 6 weeks.

100% endorsement for a hard working family company (3 generations).

Just to clarify, no we do not get any financial reward from this nor have any business or family connections or with any of the other companies that we recommend on TOTV from time to time.

We just believe in backing good companies that we have personal experience with and who we consider have gone the extra mile for us.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:11 AM
Veteran member
Default Pools

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPGuar View Post
I already have a large pool with a hot tub and just wanted to expand the birdcage and cement floor with two electrical outlets and one water outlet with a total surface of 40' x 25'. Went to T&D and they wanted $44,000. We then went to another pool company and were quoted $22.000 for the same work. The point is look around it seems that prices vary greatly. T&D does nice work but way over priced. Just my opinion!
Response and comment: Based on what we have seen of T and D we do not want to see them again. That is for sure.
Realtor of Villages also pushed very strongly for T and D with they are the "only ones to deal with". Oh Really?
Just an observation.
bbbbbb
Old 10-23-2017, 06:42 AM

We put in a pool, patio, and birdcage in 2012. The total cost was about 47,000 and that included a gas heater. We LOVE our outside area. It has changed the lifestyle for us. We feel like we have twice the square footage now. The only mistake we made was not getting the solar heater. We purchased it in 2014 for about 4000 and it has paid for itself already. I swam yesterday and the water was still 90. We used All Season Pools. Contracts were signed in mid June and installation was complete in Mid October.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:36 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts
Default Is Solar the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpearson View Post
We put in a pool, patio, and birdcage in 2012. The total cost was about 47,000 and that included a gas heater. We LOVE our outside area. It has changed the lifestyle for us. We feel like we have twice the square footage now. The only mistake we made was not getting the solar heater. We purchased it in 2014 for about 4000 and it has paid for itself already. I swam yesterday and the water was still 90. We used All Season Pools. Contracts were signed in mid June and installation was complete in Mid October.
I have been advised by a couple of residents that solar cannot keep the pool "warm" (86 degrees or more) in January and February here in The Villages.

We had several pools, mostly up north where they are only useful 3 months of the year and we had kids that enjoyed them very much but none here in Florida. I must admit a nice pool in the $75,000 -range does give a lot of ambiance to your home. They can also be a "real pain" sometimes. With an adult pool just two blocks away that is very clean, well maintained, enjoyable people and warm year around, it is difficult to justify a pool. If and when you decide to sell, no question about it, a home with a pool does eliminate many potential buyers.

However, at our age, it all depends on what you want to do with the money and time you have left. To each his own....

Last edited by justjim; 10-23-2017 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-23-2017, 09:45 AM

Be careful. We had a neighbor that paid almost $50, up front(BIG MISTAKE) and they came, dug the hole and he never saw them again! Had to come up and pay again to get his pool. We used T&D and had a great experience with them. And they are NOT the cheapest but the quality of the work they did for us was great and after it was done they took care of us after the sale. So, be careful who you finally chose. We had ours for over 6 years and loved it. Now we are in a villa and no pool or hot tub.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:22 AM
Gold member

Had a pool up north and they are nothing but a money pit. Save your money and put it in the bank for future dental needs. Those are coming for sure.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Pool

We love our pool. It is used almost daily March through December. Very east to maintain and you can go in at night! Worth every dollar we spent.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:00 AM
Default Pool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbb1256 View Post
I am new to TV and am thinking about having a pool, pool patio and birdcage installed at my home. However, I have no idea of what this might cost in Florida. Can anyone give me a guesstimate?
Call T&D Pools. They will give you an estimate. You may not even have room for a pool. Find out before you do anything. I should add that we put in a swim spa that we enjoyed.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:13 PM
Default Thank you everyone!

I appreciate everyone's comments very much. "Fore-warned is fore-armed"!

Thank you!
Old 10-23-2017, 04:44 PM
Location: Born and raised NYC raised the family on Long island, Now living the life

Man doesnt want a car he wants a pool
Old 10-23-2017, 05:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I didn't realize until we had our own pool how much I would enjoy it.

And I do swim laps and I do think that is good exercise and it is exercise I enjoy.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:20 AM

We currently are having a pool 10x22 installed with a bird cage for $39thous. Watch it closely as you may want to make simple changes as you go. We went with a company that has been in this area for 25years and so far been real happy. Best wishes to you!
Old 10-26-2017, 04:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbb1256 View Post
I am new to TV and am thinking about having a pool, pool patio and birdcage installed at my home. However, I have no idea of what this might cost in Florida. Can anyone give me a guesstimate?
Just my opinion. Pools are nice but expensive to have installed & extra to maintain. I know some people think it adds price to your house, & maybe it does but it also makes your home harder to sell. I would think most people think they would use it a lot but I bet they don't get used as much as they think they will. Don't know about Florida but it also increases your property taxes. Besides why would anybody want to have a pool put in when there's probably 70 to 100 pools in TV. If you have the extra money to spend & you really think you'll use it 4 or 5 times a week you might get your money back in about 10 yrs. & good luck selling your home if & when you're ready to sell it. There's probably only 5 people out out of a 100 home buyers looking for a home with a pool. They are nice though, but for me they're a burden.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Just my opinion. Pools are nice but expensive to have installed & extra to maintain. I know some people think it adds price to your house, & maybe it does but it also makes your home harder to sell. I would think most people think they would use it a lot but I bet they don't get used as much as they think they will. Don't know about Florida but it also increases your property taxes. Besides why would anybody want to have a pool put in when there's probably 70 to 100 pools in TV. If you have the extra money to spend & you really think you'll use it 4 or 5 times a week you might get your money back in about 10 yrs. & good luck selling your home if & when you're ready to sell it. There's probably only 5 people out out of a 100 home buyers looking for a home with a pool. They are nice though, but for me they're a burden.

We had a pool in Massachusetts. It was fun at the time. I certainly don't need the upkeep now, and it was hard to sell that house.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:34 PM

In Florida you do get your money back.
Figure 100k with cage, pool and solar heat. We added pavers over the cool deck and that was $7,500.
It’s so worth it.
I’m now here full time having sold the summer home. I’m in it all the time.
Like someone said too it’s a good looking water feature.
Closed Thread

Tags
pool, cost, idea, give, guesstimate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.