safesliders

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2015, 07:12 PM
Default safesliders

I saw a recent post that gave a local (352) number for the safeslider lock system. Can't find it now with the search tool.
Does anyone have the local name and number?
Old 03-06-2015, 08:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

These are available at several locations, like Lowes, Home depot, etc, and also the security company very close to the intersection of 441 and 466 on the south side, just south of the intersection, I cannot remember the name. The building looks like a castle.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:13 PM

Thank you. Just found website with installation video. Looks pretty straight forward
Old 03-07-2015, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

One word of caution, the glass on my one slider was far enough into the frame that when I went to install the piece with the pins the screw holes were VERY CLOSE to the glass. Be very careful drilling these holes so you do not hit the glass, and once the holes are drilled, check the depth to the glass and the length for the screws, I has to grind mine down about 1/16 of an inch.

Hope this helps.

I helped a neighbor, and they had no problem with the clearance of these screws.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:48 AM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

Rob June installs Safe Sliders here in TV's. His # is (407) 947-7069
He comes to the Villages regularly. I can't remember exactly how much he charged but $59.95 comes to mind for product and install. Our neighbor used him and I have referred him to several of my clients. All were happy with his service.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr View Post
Rob June installs Safe Sliders here in TV's. His # is (407) 947-7069
He comes to the Villages regularly. I can't remember exactly how much he charged but $59.95 comes to mind for product and install. Our neighbor used him and I have referred him to several of my clients. All were happy with his service.
We used Rob June. Installed in both slider doors, front door, and laundry room door. Good job, well done.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:22 PM
Default Slider locks

Hi there,

Ron just installed my lock on Thursday. There are actually a number of prices for the locks, depending on your type of door. I have sliders that meet in the middle so it uses a different one that opens from the side.

The lock for mine is $60 and another $30 to install it. I was going to do the install myself as I can usually do things of that sort but changed my mind after speaking with my neighbor. He installed his own and got too close to the glass. The ENTIRE pane shattered and is costing him $350 to replace.

Ron did a great job and through experience, has learned a few tricks of the trade that I would not have thought of if I had done it myself.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.