Question for dog owners

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2019, 10:30 PM
Default Cyv

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLID2470 View Post
I am planning my first visit to TV in June to spend a few weeks. I have looked at all the available types of homes available and the patio homes fit my liking. Unlike my current home, there is not a fenced backed yard for my dog to roam freely during the daytime. He loves to take his daily naps in the Texas sunshine. For the pet owners - did any of you choose the courtyard villas specifically because there is a fenced area? Is it worth the extra money? If you don't have a fence - how did your daily routine change regarding walks, potty breaks, dog park visits, etc? Right now this is not my routine. I know it will be an adjustment having to him always on a leash - just would like your feedback.
Marcy from Texas
In answer to your questions. Yes, and yes. Do it
Old 03-07-2019, 04:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

See many properties with large plots where owners have installed Invisible Fence. Seems to work very well, and mutts seem happy with the added freedom.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:59 PM
Platinum member

Invisible fence works for our neighbors but they never leave the dogs out unless they are close by. We take our dog out three times a day - walk her a couple times and just the front yard in the afternoon. Works for us.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:21 PM

It's not unusual to find courtyard villas for rent that are almost entirely hardscaped. This makes yard maintenance much easier on the owner who may not live full time, or at all, in the villages. That doesn't help your pet with finding a suitable place "to go" though. As others have pointed out, there is now a Veranda series which are designer homes that are fenced almost like a courtyard villa. I don't believe deed restrictions allow the Verandas to be completely hardscaped. However, there aren't near as many of those as villas and even fewer that can actually be rented. I live in the original Verandas in Fenney and know of only 1 where the owner rents it out. The original Verandas look more like just any other designer home neighborhood from the streets. The newest Verandas in McClure and Marsh Bend are built inside a surrounding wall with 1 street coming in and going out of the entire neighborhood.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

We moved from a designer to a CYV and love it. Our guy pees in the patio stones every morning (great because I don't have to get out of my jammies) but prefers his perch on a line in the driveway all. day. long. Possibly because a slew of neighbors pass by and give him treats. Driveway Dog. They certainly are creatures of habit.

Last edited by CFrance; 03-07-2019 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:25 PM

Bought the CYV specifically for the dog. Although you could have a really long leash on the dog but then again it’s not the same as a fenced in backyard.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, texas, routine, homes, daily

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.