Question for part time villa renters

Closed Thread
Old 12-07-2016, 07:04 AM
Veteran member

Allstate covered mine.
Also, let's clear up another chicken little theory that is floated out of ignorance on this board ad nauseum.
You will not LOSE EVERYTHING if you are sued in a liability case. In Florida, NOBODY CAN TAKE YOUR HOME OR YOUR RETIREMENT FUNDS if you lose a lawsuit.
It's getting very old hearing the same false, paranoid scenario posted here constantly.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:28 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Allstate covered mine.
Also, let's clear up another chicken little theory that is floated out of ignorance on this board ad nauseum.
You will not LOSE EVERYTHING if you are sued in a liability case. In Florida, NOBODY CAN TAKE YOUR HOME OR YOUR RETIREMENT FUNDS if you lose a lawsuit.
It's getting very old hearing the same false, paranoid scenario posted here constantly.
I used to have Allstate. I don't anymore.

They told me I can not advertise my cart with the rental and none of my rental paperwork can reflect I am renting the villa with a cart. They told me I can not have the renters sign a liability statement, but that I was supposed to "lend" the renters the cart. Sounded all very fishy to me.

Has anyone had any experience with Allstate actually covering a golf cart acccident? Would love to hear about it. Many thanks and peace out...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2016, 09:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Has anyone on here actually been sued involving their golf cart? "Not so much" was clever 5 years ago, now, not so much.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:48 PM
Sage

If you let renters use your cart-& something goes wrong you can be sued into oblivion
Old 12-07-2016, 11:11 PM
Default Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Allstate covered mine.
In Florida, Nobody....... What if you are one of many thousands of snowbirds who own a village house but their legal residence is not in Florida? Is their out of state house and savings still protected?
Also you said "if you lose a law suit" win or lose when you are getting sued as the owner of the golf cart.... Who pays your attorney and all legal fees?
I think this is an important topic, especially for relatively new people who may not have experienced the ad nauseum as u hv
Old 12-08-2016, 10:07 PM

I use Allstate for home, auto, etc and they told me that Allstate does NOTcover golf carts driven by a renter. The cart is covered, but not if a renter is using it. They said if I want to include it with the rental, it is on me and if something were to happen, we should just say the "renter" driving is just a friend ("wink wink").

I didn't feel comfortable with that, so no cart included with our rental villa. If there was a fatal accident and investigation, I don't want to be on the wrong side of that situation.
Closed Thread

Tags
villa, renters, cart, golf, question

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.