Question on priority golf memberships

Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2007, 10:43 AM
Default Question on priority golf memberships

My wife and I just completed our site visit and loved TV. Other than the discounted tee times when you upgrade your golf membership - are there other things at the club/s you join or designate that are available only to the so called members? I am thinking about men's womens, or couples leagues or events? Do any of the clubs have member-guest tournaments? It's a nice way to introduce friends to the TV golf clubs.

Also, within the neighborhoods is there a way to get involved in regular golf groups or outings?
Old 07-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Question on priority golf memberships

Priority golf membership does not make you a special member of the country clubs. All residents are members and can eat without identifying themselves as residents with Priority Golf Membership. The food places are open to the public except for Katie Belles which is a resident only restaurant, except for breakfast which is open to the public.

There are no "members only" groups but I can't count wthout taking my shoes off, the number of golf groups for men, women and couples, and singles. There are groups for anyone who does anything within reason herein the Villages.

I know that there are member/guest golf tournaments because my husband has played in a few.

You and your wife are really in for a surprise when you read just one weekly issue of the recreation news. You won't have time to change your mind when you move here. You can be busy 24/7 if you want to.

As the developer says and I must agree, you are buying a lifestyle, not a home! Good luck.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:19 PM

I believe you have to be a priority member to play in the club championships. Also, if you join a men's group or ladies group to play, say there are a group of 12 guys who play each week, the group will generally require you to be a priority member, otherwise the group will have difficulty getting the tee time they want. As a priority member, you also don't have to pay a trail fee for your cart on either the championship or executive courses.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Sage

Here's a recently announced website that has lots of good information about golf in the villages:

http://golfthevillages.com/

You can play for free....if you are a resident, on a 9 hole executive course, and you walk the course. If you use your own golf cart, there is a $3.50 per person trail fee. This time of the year it's pretty easy to play almost every day (if you're not too choosy about time of day or course). In peak snowbird season, tee times (and daylight) are harder to come by, but, TV has a robust and equitable system for assigning tee times. The "Good Golf" school (a one time 2hr session) does a good job of explaining the tee time reservation system.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:54 PM

Thanks for the information, this makes more sense now.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:18 AM

If you buy priority you also get pool rights at the country clubs - no priority no pool rights at the CC's - You can buy CC pool rights seperatetely from golf priority ..would recommend that if you are near the OBH pool it's great up there and the Hacienda pool is nice too. p.s. they are also open for kids if you have pool rights ..so great for the grandkids.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.