Question regarding mixing vaccine booster shots

Closed Thread
Old 11-18-2021, 08:27 AM

I need a fourth booster in February, according to my doctors. And I’m planning to get it. I don’t understand the issue with getting vaccines. We blew any chance of herd immunity because people refuse to get vaccinated. The virus will mutate and change. It will become endemic eventually. Like the seasonal flu. We get flu shots every year and boosters of other vaccines because immunity wanes over time. So what is the problem.
Old 11-18-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
i think you should line up for your fifteenth shot now and beat the crowd.
???????????????????????? Good one ????????????????????????‼️
Old 11-18-2021, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,316 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Sure seems to be heavy on your mind.
Why don't you contact all those privately that want to discuss it and have them over to your house.....kinda like a book club.
Since you are responding, I guess you would be interested?
Old 11-18-2021, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,316 Times in 499 Posts

The way I read it, you can't get "herd immunity" if you aren't immune. This vaccine does not produce immunity according to what I have read, because you can still become infected and infect others. Therefore, even if it keeps you from dying in the hospital, you are not immune regardless of vaccination.

I started the thread on this because I felt it interesting that two different vaccines could be mixed. Morderna and Pfizer are the same type of vaccine, whereas the J&J is derived from infected animals. At the beginning of the Covid vaccine discussion some months ago, folks were concerned over the Mrna process of protection. Many "experts" assured them that the virus itself was not used to produce the vaccine. Then came the J&J using (I think) the old technology of producing a vaccine from an infected animal.
I found it very interesting that even though the two different types of vaccine were totally different in nature, that they could be mixed. Even though I received a snarky reply, I still enjoy reading the explanation of how they can be safe to mix. Sometimes getting information from experts on the Web does not make as easy to understand for the layperson as someone explaining it on a forum such as this. Thank you.
By the way, it sure seems kind of weird that those that come on here and disparage a subject or poster, still find the time to read every post made in the forum they believe is redundant or moot.

Last edited by MDLNB; 11-18-2021 at 09:00 AM.
Old 11-18-2021, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginmato View Post
I need a fourth booster in February, according to my doctors. And I’m planning to get it. I don’t understand the issue with getting vaccines. We blew any chance of herd immunity because people refuse to get vaccinated. The virus will mutate and change. It will become endemic eventually. Like the seasonal flu. We get flu shots every year and boosters of other vaccines because immunity wanes over time. So what is the problem.
You ignore the millions of people who have already contracted and survived Covid.

They have a stronger immune response than those who were simply vaccinated.

Why they won't include those in the count is ponderous...

That said, it matters not because everyone's mind is already made up...

-Tom Petty
Old 11-18-2021, 09:04 AM
Location: Currently Genesee, Colorado but selling house soon and heading out in a van. We’ll be in TV in Kct

Herd immunity should include those who have actually had Covid correct? In that case we may already have.
Old 11-18-2021, 09:23 AM
Sage

Very odd choice of words. "You", assuming you are referring to an individual, can never get herd immunity. Herd immunity is a concept that applies to a population, not an individual. Also, according to "you", there can never be herd immunity since neither the vaccine nor developing COVID-19 will result in immunity: you can still develop/redevelop the disease since the virus is unstable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
The way I read it, you can't get "herd immunity" if you aren't immune. This vaccine does not produce immunity according to what I have read, because you can still become infected and infect others. Therefore, even if it keeps you from dying in the hospital, you are not immune regardless of vaccination.

I started the thread on this because I felt it interesting that two different vaccines could be mixed. Morderna and Pfizer are the same type of vaccine, whereas the J&J is derived from infected animals. At the beginning of the Covid vaccine discussion some months ago, folks were concerned over the Mrna process of protection. Many "experts" assured them that the virus itself was not used to produce the vaccine. Then came the J&J using (I think) the old technology of producing a vaccine from an infected animal.
I found it very interesting that even though the two different types of vaccine were totally different in nature, that they could be mixed. Even though I received a snarky reply, I still enjoy reading the explanation of how they can be safe to mix. Sometimes getting information from experts on the Web does not make as easy to understand for the layperson as someone explaining it on a forum such as this. Thank you.
By the way, it sure seems kind of weird that those that come on here and disparage a subject or poster, still find the time to read every post made in the forum they believe is redundant or moot.
Old 11-18-2021, 09:33 AM

Asking us will give a dozen different answers.
Old 11-18-2021, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,642 Times in 1,513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginmato View Post
Even if we had 100% vaccination participation, we would not have herd immunity. The vaccination does NOT keep you from being infected or passing it on. I think that is the whole point of the OP.
Old 11-18-2021, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,642 Times in 1,513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Very odd choice of words. "You", assuming you are referring to an individual, can never get herd immunity. Herd immunity is a concept that applies to a population, not an individual. Also, according to "you", there can never be herd immunity since neither the vaccine nor developing COVID-19 will result in immunity: you can still develop/redevelop the disease since the virus is unstable.
I think the point was that you can't have herd immunity by just this vaccination. There was no mention of herd immunity based on survival after being infected.
Old 11-18-2021, 10:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Since you are responding, I guess you would be interested?
Poor assumption…….
Old 11-18-2021, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

There is another thread on herd immunity, you may want to add your opinion over there.
Oh wait, you all have already done that.
Old 11-18-2021, 10:55 AM
Veteran member
Default side effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensor17 View Post
Nix on boosters. Seems to me that NO ONE can say the shots are effective. I had bad reaction to Moderna. Hives nausea dizziness and now I’m plagued with worsening of all my arthritis in all my joints at once. I FIRMLY BELIEVE THIS MODERNA ALTERS YOUR DNA AND ALL YOUR LIFELONG IMMUNITIES ARE DISRUPTED BY THIS INVENTION OF MAN. Before the Moderna shot, I had an ache here or there— treatable with NSAID or meloxicam. After the Moderna vaccine, My Arthritis quadrupled and nothing relieves it.
I don't know if that is what is causing this but the same thing happened to me. My arthritis was manageable but after the shots it is like someone is sticking needles into the center of my bones and it is especially painful in my hands - almost unbearable.
Old 11-18-2021, 10:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank1975 View Post
Asking us will give a dozen different answers.
What is good about that is you can pick the one you like.
Old 11-18-2021, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensor17 View Post
Nix on boosters. Seems to me that NO ONE can say the shots are effective. I had bad reaction to Moderna. Hives nausea dizziness and now I’m plagued with worsening of all my arthritis in all my joints at once. I FIRMLY BELIEVE THIS MODERNA ALTERS YOUR DNA AND ALL YOUR LIFELONG IMMUNITIES ARE DISRUPTED BY THIS INVENTION OF MAN. Before the Moderna shot, I had an ache here or there— treatable with NSAID or meloxicam. After the Moderna vaccine, My Arthritis quadrupled and nothing relieves it.
this is part of the argument eric clapton is making. he says the shot caused an increase in his neuropathy, which made it hard for him to play @ one time. he is very outspoken about the jab, & so is van morrison
Closed Thread

Tags
booster, vaccine, infected, moderna, doctors

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.