Question on visiting TV

Closed Thread
Old 12-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Default Question on visiting TV

I'm coming down to see The Villages for my first time in Feb. The life style visits are completely booked through March. If I stay at a hotel, I cannot get a pass to use the rec centers or go to Katie Bells. I don't know anyone currently at TV. Are their places you can rent for a few days where you can get passes for the rec centers or Katie Bell's?
Old 12-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvp7527 View Post
I'm coming down to see The Villages for my first time in Feb. The life style visits are completely booked through March. If I stay at a hotel, I cannot get a pass to use the rec centers or go to Katie Bells. I don't know anyone currently at TV. Are their places you can rent for a few days where you can get passes for the rec centers or Katie Bell's?
Chances are slim. I would stay your best shot is to stay in touch with the sales office and ask if you could be put on a list so if a cancellation happens, you be notified immediately.

Best wishes on finding something so you can fully enjoy everything in TV.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Sage

We visited The Villages many times before this and NEVER did a Lifestyle until last week. We rented a cart from The Villages Cart store and enjoyed riding around looking at everything! We did go to the CCs and Rec centers and looked around. We couldn't participate but we were so busy we just didn't have time.

Came back last week and spent a week and NEVER took out my guest pass!

My point is, you can still have loads of fun just exploring, enjoy the squares and learn your way around,

I hope this helps.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:14 PM
Default Another option

Quote:
Check this web site daily and actually several times each day. Cancellations do happen and some people who are renting their homes will update their listings saying available because of last minute cancellation. The newest information will be listed first so you don't need to go very far into the listings to find one available.

www.thevillages4rent.com
Old 12-22-2011, 04:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

If you're interested in the area north of 466 stay at the Holiday Inn Express near Spanish Springs, you can walk to Spanish Springs square and Katie Belle's, it's just a restaurant you don't need a pass. Swimming pools and golf are the only things you would miss. You can still go to any of the country clubs and eat and walk inside the rec centers and look around, and if you want to just get wet, the Holiday Inn has a pool.

If you are interested in the newer areas then I would stay at the Hampton Inn on 466. It's just a short drive to Lake Sumter Landing Square and if you wanted, you could park your car at LSL and rent a golf cart for about $10 a day at The Villages Golf Cart Store.

The biggest item you'll be missing by not using a lifestyle visit is not having a sales agent assigned to you and touring models and new homes for sale. If you've never been here before and or haven't researched the homes for sale on the internet, then maybe looking at homes is too soon anyway. Once you're here you can check the newspaper for open houses of resales, which there is usually many, and go see them without an agent.

From 2009 until we bought our new courtyard villa in July of this year, I was on The Villages New Homes website writing down addresses and listing prices of homes every week. Then when we came here for a 7 day LSV in April of this year, we knew that we wanted, which was either a new patio villa or CYV and then all we had to do then, was to physically see the areas new homes were being built and what the homes actually felt like when we walked inside.

http://www.thevillages.com/homes/index.asp
Old 12-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Sage
Thumbs up

Take the trolley tour. This will give you a good overview of The Villages, and if you want to speak to an agent, one will be available to help you at the end. You can get information on the trolley tour at any sales office.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:13 PM

BUT - be sure to bring your checkbook - lol. We rented a place for the month of December just to check-out everything, see if this really was the lifestyle we wanted to retire in, etc. but definately not to purchase anything. Well, the 3rd day we were here - you're right - we purchased - in fact, have already closed. Now have to go back to cold weather - pitch, clean, decide what to move down and sell the rest. Whatever you do - be open to everything and try everything - yes, you'll be worn out - but welcome to The Village - where you're always having so much fun and so busy, there's no time to get sick or pass. Welcome!
Old 12-22-2011, 06:17 PM

The rental unit we are in is really nice - 2bdrm courtyard villa right on the golf course. I'm not sure but I believe I heard the owners mention that their renter who comes down every Jan had to cancel at the last minute due to illness - so, this one might be avail - let me know if you're interested and I'll put you in touch with the owners.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
If you're interested in the area north of 466 stay at the Holiday Inn Express near Spanish Springs, you can walk to Spanish Springs square and Katie Belle's, it's just a restaurant you don't need a pass.
Actually, you do need a pass or be a guest of an owner to get into Katie Belle's as it is an owner only restaurant
Old 12-22-2011, 09:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Other hotels to consider - Comfort Inn on 441 about 3 blocks from Spanish Springs town square, Towne Place Suites by Marriott in Spanish Springs town square and Waterfront Inn in Lake Sumter Landing. If you are a AAA Motor Club member or AARP member, check on discounts. There is also a Hampton Inn on 466 which is about 3 miles from Lake Sumter Landing.

In addition to www.thevillages4rent.com, check the classified ad section, furnished homes for rent of www.thevillagesdailysun.com. Good luck finding a rental in February.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Actually, you do need a pass or be a guest of an owner to get into Katie Belle's as it is an owner only restaurant
This is correct, and they do check for Villager ID cards at the door. However, BVP, if you will be here just a few days, I agree you will find plenty to see and do. The trolley tour gives a great overview. You can tour enjoy entertainment on the squares, tour the rec. centers, polo grounds and neighborhoods and dine at any of the other restaurants. Strike up a conversation with anyone on the squares and make friends. Drink plenty of free koolaide.

Enjoy your stay and please keep us posted about your visit.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.