Questions about CYV

Closed Thread
Old 12-07-2016, 02:31 PM
Question Questions about CYV

Questions about CYV
Do the wall around the home stop Wind from blowing through. Is it hotter then other homes . Thanks
Old 12-07-2016, 03:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymac View Post
Questions about CYV
Do the wall around the home stop Wind from blowing through. Is it hotter then other homes . Thanks
IMHO.... no and no. You are welcome.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

If you have a masonry CYV, they are not concrete block but rather solid poured concrete using forms. They maintain your home at such a cool temperature that there are times we open the sliding doors to warm up the house. Our 2BR Durham model electric bill summer, winter, fall or spring is under $90 a month, most times it's in the $70 to $80 range.

You'll find spring and summer here is so short, you don't open doors and window much, basically we have two seasons in mid-Florida. We have a screen on the garage opening shown in the photo below, so if we open the door to the garage and one of the sliding glass doors, the breeze running through the home is almost too much. Basically we stay buttoned up most of the year.

You'll find if they have a survey of CYV owners, the only negative you get, is the garage is too small. However, in newer units south of 466A a 2 car garage is much easier to find. In case you're wondering the garage door is 12' which they call a 1-1/2 car garage, two car garages are 16', and of course you have many single family homes with 2 car + golf cart.

The Villages Florida
Old 12-07-2016, 04:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Questions about CYV
Im assuming you mean the actual border walls, not the walls of the home. I live in a Designer series, so I dont have any experience with CYV. I will be interested to see the replies you receive. I do know when we had our pool built we definitely decided against a stucco privacy wall, as not only does it limit the flow of air in the summer, but it resulted in a view of neighbors rooftops.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Questions about CYV
Do the wall around the home stop Wind from blowing through. Is it hotter then other homes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
with CWGUY.

We moved from our CYV because the garage was too small.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:14 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Have had a designer and courtyard villa, found no difference with air circulation with or without the fence/border walls around the property.

Last edited by Debfrommaine; 12-08-2016 at 05:44 AM.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Im assuming you mean the actual border walls, not the walls of the home. I live in a Designer series, so I dont have any experience with CYV. I will be interested to see the replies you receive. I do know when we had our pool built we definitely decided against a stucco privacy wall, as not only does it limit the flow of air in the summer, but it resulted in a view of neighbors rooftops.
I think the OP means the backyard walls. The border wall around the villa community is a 7' masonry wall, the same height and material as the back wall behind our CYV. Our back wall sits about 20' behind our house and doesn't effect the wind or breeze at all. Like I said before, if I want extreme winds then just open the door to the garage with the garage door up, but that's not necessary.

Some of my neighbors have a storm door with a screen, and that would give a similar effect. Storm doors about $300 installed, garage door screen $850 installed. However, there more to having the screen on the garage than just allowing the breeze come through. With the laundry in the garage it helps to keep the temps down in the garage. It keeps lizards and snakes out of the garage and the ocassional gator and any 2 legged intruders wander in, then you know they've cut the screen and they're in for trouble.

The Villages Florida
Old 12-07-2016, 05:50 PM

Is the gator stopping by for a cold one LOL
Old 12-07-2016, 06:47 PM

He just needs a place to sleep for the night......and maybe a bedtime story.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:09 PM

I've slept with a lot of cougars, bring on the gator
Closed Thread

Tags
questions, cyv, hotter, wavebeer3spoken, homes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.