Questions about Fenny

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2019, 09:41 PM

Use Google maps, search for Coleman prison. It shows the prison south of CR468 (Warm Springs) and west of CR501. They are building down that way but the current construction area is nowhere near enough to hear anything. Drive down there and see for yourself. We live in Fenney and the only disturbance we have is the occasional blasting from the quarry. It's a little disconcerting but again, not often enough to be more than a passing nuisance. Be sure to have your realtor drive you around the areas of concern to see for yourself.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:04 AM

We've lived in McClure, just barely beyond DeSoto, for three months and spend a lot of time on the lanai. I've heard the PA three times while outside, always very faintly and always briefly. The wind is louder than the PA. It's a complete non-issue with me.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

There are many reasons for negative comments about the new areas. One is ignorance, another is envy and then there are those who would benefit if people didn't buy new homes. Only Villages reps can sell new homes and MLS real estate agents cannot.

I get so tired of someone trying to burst another's balloon out of plain old cussedness. We chose our homes here, after careful consideration of all factors and most of us settled into our choices, feathered our nests and intermingled with our neighbors. Almost everyone here secretly thinks they live in the best place in The Villages.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:39 AM
Thumbs up Come see me !!!

We have our home on the market in the Village of Fenney. We are four streets from the Fenney Rec Center and have never heard any such noise or lights you mention... Our location is GREAT...

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...a-fsbo-282388/
Old 02-02-2019, 02:02 PM
Gold member

My suggestion to the OP is to rent a place there for a year before you buy and see what you think. If that area doesn't suit you, you will have time to find what does.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:18 PM
Veteran member

If you have palms with dead leaves running down the trunk there are probably rats living in there. The rats are palm rats and they are here not sure I would call it an infestation.
Closed Thread

Tags
prison, rumors, read, property, friend

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.