Questions for "Lily Lovers"

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-04-2011, 06:55 PM
pjmcd's Avatar
pjmcd pjmcd is offline
Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Questions for "Lily Lovers"

Hi All- We just sold our house in upstate NY and are set to move to TV at the beginning of August. We plan to rent until our house is completed. We are putting a lot hold down in Sanibel this week and really love the "Lily". The questions are:

1) If you own a Lily- what are some things you would have done differently when you built?

2) Did you do anything to the home that you later regretted spending $$ on?

3) Did you do anything to the home that you really enjoy?

4) Would you choose to bulid this model again?

5) Is there anyone out there who has started to build in Sanibel!!!

Sorry for asking so many Q's but we really want to get this as "right" as possible from the beginning so we can start enjoying all the wonderful people and great lifestyle ASAP!
  #2  
Old 06-04-2011, 08:02 PM
oceangirl oceangirl is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Md now, Buttonwood
Posts: 115
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmcd View Post
Hi All- We just sold our house in upstate NY and are set to move to TV at the beginning of August. We plan to rent until our house is completed. We are putting a lot hold down in Sanibel this week and really love the "Lily". The questions are:

1) If you own a Lily- what are some things you would have done differently when you built?

2) Did you do anything to the home that you later regretted spending $$ on?

3) Did you do anything to the home that you really enjoy?

4) Would you choose to bulid this model again?

5) Is there anyone out there who has started to build in Sanibel!!!

Sorry for asking so many Q's but we really want to get this as "right" as possible from the beginning so we can start enjoying all the wonderful people and great lifestyle ASAP!
Congrats on selling your home. I asked the same questions when we were deciding on the house. Orginally we were building the Lily , we decided on the Gardania for these reasons.
I think you will be very happy in your new home whatever you decide.

1. we back to a wall and liked the idea of the kitchen in the front.
2. had stackables on the sliders
3. stretches on the lanai, bedroom living room
4. after reading the posts someone liked the idea of the location of the bedrooms. gives more privacy.
5. we also wanted to get it right from the beginning.

If you need any additonal infor please feel free to pm me or just stay tuned to TOTV. this is where I got all my answers.

Good Luck and welcom to a wonderful place they call disney world for adults.
  #3  
Old 06-04-2011, 08:43 PM
chuckinca's Avatar
chuckinca chuckinca is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,907
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I just looked at the Lily floor plan and it states it is 2000 Living SF.

Adding up the room sizes = about 1200 SF plus the bathrooms, closets, foyer, laundry guessing 500 SF for a total of 1700 living SF.

HOWEVER, if you take the total width x length less the garage and lanai it does come to around 2000 SF.


???

.
__________________
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
  #4  
Old 06-05-2011, 05:53 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,574
Thanks: 4,344
Thanked 4,874 Times in 1,667 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
I just looked at the Lily floor plan and it states it is 2000 Living SF.

Adding up the room sizes = about 1200 SF plus the bathrooms, closets, foyer, laundry guessing 500 SF for a total of 1700 living SF.

HOWEVER, if you take the total width x length less the garage and lanai it does come to around 2000 SF.


???

.
That is confusing Chuck. I am having the same trouble trying to find the square footage in the Seabrook model.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #5  
Old 06-05-2011, 06:15 AM
CTgolfer CTgolfer is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 256
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Congratulations. I am sure that whatever you choose, you will be thrilled. Our dear friends have a "upgraded" Lily. They chose this model since they have 4 children and 9 grandchildren and the guest bedrooms are larger than most models. Some of the "downside" features I see: small kitchen, breakfast nook, and dining room. I personally prefer having plenty of guest seating for neighbors or family.
  #6  
Old 06-05-2011, 06:57 AM
Hoosiervillager Hoosiervillager is offline
Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 38
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Stretch the lanai

I have an Iris model which is similar in most areas. The one thing I would tell you to do is to stretch the lanai if your lot allows. We have ours stretched 2' and it makes a big difference. I would have loved to have a 4' stretch but our lot wasn't big enough. If you don't stretch it at all the lanai behind the dinette is really narrow and really doesn't allow for any furniture. Good luck with all your planning. Have fun with it!
  #7  
Old 06-05-2011, 07:48 AM
pjmcd's Avatar
pjmcd pjmcd is offline
Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Questions for "Lily Lovers"

Thanks for all the suggestions! We definitely want to stretch as much as possible but finding an affordable lot is a problem!

Just wondering if you back to a wall, can you put in climbing plants on the wall and are you allowed to put in a patio in the 10' between the house and the wall?

Also, anyone know people who have started constuction in Sanibel? Thanks
  #8  
Old 06-05-2011, 09:20 AM
cherylncliff's Avatar
cherylncliff cherylncliff is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Portage, MI; soon Buttonwood!
Posts: 276
Thanks: 107
Thanked 85 Times in 39 Posts
Default

First I just want to say Welcome to TV. While the house is important, we have found it's really about the lifestyle.

We built a Lilly and did the following:
Stretched garage 2 ft
Added a Golf Cart garage
Stretched the lanai 4 ft
Added as large a bird cage as would fit.
We chose the "roman style" walk in shower
We picked the roof line that has peaks in the front rather than the more pyramid shaped one
No pool but we may add a spa (After 25 years of caring for a pool we decided to let someone else do the work)
We kept the wall in the kitchen (extra cabinet) and the design with a larger laundry room where we have added a built-in desk and cabinets.

We debated an Iris vs a Lilly but were told that with the larger lot we purchased we could not put an Iris on it. We were attracted to the iris because it has a nice entryway and a hall closet by the front door. The Lilly is very similar and has slightly larger guest bedrooms (the Iris has some odd corners in the smaller bedroom)

We have been very happy with the results.

Good luck making your decisions and enjoy your new lifestyle!
__________________
CherylnCliff
IN., CA., MI.
  #9  
Old 06-05-2011, 12:09 PM
pjmcd's Avatar
pjmcd pjmcd is offline
Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for the details CherylnCliff! It's so helpful to hear what others have done. There are just so many details. The inside can wait a bit but we really want to do all the "construction" changes while we a building instead of after market! Not sure, but it seems more expensive to add on to the house after market. We hope to get a lot deposit down this week if our rep can find one that will fit the stretches- all very exciting!
  #10  
Old 06-07-2011, 09:36 AM
pzjay pzjay is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 169
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Sanibel??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmcd View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions! We definitely want to stretch as much as possible but finding an affordable lot is a problem!

Just wondering if you back to a wall, can you put in climbing plants on the wall and are you allowed to put in a patio in the 10' between the house and the wall?

Also, anyone know people who have started constuction in Sanibel? Thanks
Hi! Out lot is in Sanibel and I've also been curious if any construction has been started beyond the model center. Just haven't written to our agent to ask. I thing GAdawg (on TOTV) will be starting his home there in the summer as they are closing on their house 7/15 according to his posts. You might PM him to see if he's aware of any other building......
  #11  
Old 06-07-2011, 07:41 PM
pjmcd's Avatar
pjmcd pjmcd is offline
Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzjay View Post
Hi! Out lot is in Sanibel and I've also been curious if any construction has been started beyond the model center. Just haven't written to our agent to ask. I thing GAdawg (on TOTV) will be starting his home there in the summer as they are closing on their house 7/15 according to his posts. You might PM him to see if he's aware of any other building......
Thanks pzjay- I will do that. We have a call into our sales agent and hopefully will be in touch with him tomorrow. Others have said that once you go to contract, they give you a closing date. We assume that this must mean that they start construction fairly soon after contract. We sure hope so because we don't want to be renting once the rates start to increase in the late fall! here's to beginning a brand new neighborhood!!!!
  #12  
Old 06-07-2011, 07:54 PM
GaDawg GaDawg is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 154
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzjay View Post
Hi! Out lot is in Sanibel and I've also been curious if any construction has been started beyond the model center. Just haven't written to our agent to ask. I thing GAdawg (on TOTV) will be starting his home there in the summer as they are closing on their house 7/15 according to his posts. You might PM him to see if he's aware of any other building......
Hi again pzjay, Indeed the building has started in Sanibel! Our friends from Columbus GA were just down at their CYV and stopped by our lot to take pictures for us. Neighbor across the street (Baker Ln) has the walls up and a slab poured next door to our lot last week. Could be more by now. So some folks have started already and are moving along nicely. My Peach and I will be down there next week for a couple of days and will give an update as we find it. Ha! Ain't it fun!! Y'all come visit, ya heah!
  #13  
Old 06-07-2011, 07:58 PM
GaDawg GaDawg is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 154
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmcd View Post
Thanks pzjay- I will do that. We have a call into our sales agent and hopefully will be in touch with him tomorrow. Others have said that once you go to contract, they give you a closing date. We assume that this must mean that they start construction fairly soon after contract. We sure hope so because we don't want to be renting once the rates start to increase in the late fall! here's to beginning a brand new neighborhood!!!!
Hey Pjmcd! Welcome to the neighborhood! I have heard 65 days to build start to finish. Hope so, we want to avoid having to rent too far into the fall as well. Hey, Y'all come visit, ya heah!
  #14  
Old 06-07-2011, 09:03 PM
pjmcd's Avatar
pjmcd pjmcd is offline
Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaDawg View Post
Hey Pjmcd! Welcome to the neighborhood! I have heard 65 days to build start to finish. Hope so, we want to avoid having to rent too far into the fall as well. Hey, Y'all come visit, ya heah!
Thanks for getting back to us GAdawg! You sound as excited as we are. We're spending our time in limbo here just going through all our "stuff" and weeding out as much as possible until we close in 6 weeks! We will look for your posting on your progress when you get to TV next week! P & J
  #15  
Old 06-08-2011, 12:17 PM
skyc6 skyc6 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 517
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

We have a lot held in Sanibel, but are still trying to sell our home here in Illinois. We sure hope to join you all as soon as we can. We'll be down in a couple of weeks to see what progress is happening in Sanibel. Good luck to all of you guys there, too!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.