Racoon

Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Veteran member
Default Racoon

Last night my wife went for a walk to the mailbox. She was suprised to see a racoon dragging a large bag of trash down the street. It was making a lot of noise and one of our neighbors called community watch. They told her to call the sheriff and gave her the number. The sheriff told her to call the trapper and gave her the number. The neighbor was told by the trapper there would be a $150.00 charge to trap the animal. She hung up and figured it would be cheeper do nothing. The trash truck came by the next day and had a few less bags to pick up. I think the racoon took the trash to the local dump once he had what he wanted.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default We have had racoons in our village and attack our trash.

We now spray our trash bags with ammonia when we put them out. 100% effective deterrent.

btk
Old 04-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Default Racoon

Seems BTK has a great suggestion, ammonia should do the trick in keeping most wild critters from indulging in what's inside those tempting garbage bags. Thank goodness we are not up north where the brown and black bears roam hunting for the same things.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.