Rclco mid year sales report for over 55 communities

Rclco mid year sales report for over 55 communities

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Rclco mid year sales report for over 55 communities
  #1  
Old 07-10-2019, 08:19 AM
rtime's Avatar
rtime rtime is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The Villages
Posts: 97
Default Rclco mid year sales report for over 55 communities

The mid year report for master planned communities are out for the first half of 2019. The villages is still the leader of sales. They had 1000 home sales for this period. But that is 10% lower than last year. Since the Villages does not take part in the survey the number is an educated guess. It would be nice if they were a little more forthcoming.

Last edited by rtime; 07-10-2019 at 01:07 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 07-10-2019, 08:30 AM
Goldwingnut's Avatar
Goldwingnut Goldwingnut is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Village of Hillsborough
Posts: 638
Default

Do you have a link to the report?
__________________
GoldWingNut
(a motorcycle enthusiast not a gilded fastener)
Village of Hillsborough
My Drone Flying YouTube Page
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 07-10-2019, 09:10 AM
rtime's Avatar
rtime rtime is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The Villages
Posts: 97
Default

https://www.builderonline.com/land/l...-selling-mps_o
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-10-2019, 11:51 AM
Goldwingnut's Avatar
Goldwingnut Goldwingnut is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Village of Hillsborough
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtime View Post
The mid year report for master planned communities are out for the first half of 2019. The villages is still the leader of sales. They had 1000 home sales for this period. But that is 10% lower than last year.
If one reads the information in this report's data table one will see that the number for The Villages is little more than a guess. Therefore the validity of the 10% statement by both the original website and the OP mean absolutely nothing.
Attached Thumbnails
166-2019-07-10-12-44-jpg  
__________________
GoldWingNut
(a motorcycle enthusiast not a gilded fastener)
Village of Hillsborough
My Drone Flying YouTube Page
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-10-2019, 01:16 PM
justjim justjim is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Posts: 4,300
Default

I expect sales of new homes to be better when the golf cart bridges are completed over 44, The Turnpike and commercial stores are established in the new homes area.
__________________
Most people are as happy as they make up their mind to be. Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-10-2019, 01:32 PM
manaboutown's Avatar
manaboutown manaboutown is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NJ, NY, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NM, CA and ID, not necessarily in that order
Posts: 3,942
Default

And when they get some restaurants down there. They are trying to make do with the roach coaches. Better than nothing I guess.
__________________
"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." Plato

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-10-2019, 02:23 PM
Goldwingnut's Avatar
Goldwingnut Goldwingnut is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Village of Hillsborough
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
And when they get some restaurants down there. They are trying to make do with the roach coaches. Better than nothing I guess.
The food trucks they are bringing in are far from the roach coaches of days gone by. It is a very competitive business. The food I've eaten from these trucks in the last 10-15 years working in construction was consistently better than any fast food joints and usually better than most local restaurant and national chains.

What they are trying at the pitch & put is a different model. Drinks and a place to sit with a mobile restaurant that can be changed out easily as tastes change, and the ability to increase the capacity when events call for it with no additional costs incurred. If the weather is bad or business is slow they (The Villages) don't have to incur a loss on a restaurant staffing and food costs.

I don't believe this is a short term fix, it's more likely a long term addition, and if it doesn't work out they have little at risk.
__________________
GoldWingNut
(a motorcycle enthusiast not a gilded fastener)
Village of Hillsborough
My Drone Flying YouTube Page
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-11-2019, 03:28 PM
pauld315 pauld315 is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NY, FL, PA, TX, NC, TV
Posts: 1,002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtime View Post
The mid year report for master planned communities are out for the first half of 2019. The villages is still the leader of sales. They had 1000 home sales for this period. But that is 10% lower than last year. Since the Villages does not take part in the survey the number is an educated guess. It would be nice if they were a little more forthcoming.
Sounds about right but the only time you will get the official number is once a year when they release the yearly CDD audit reports. That will show how many in total over the years have been sold but you can easily compare that to the previous year and see how many were sold the year you are interested in.
__________________
"The secret of successful managing is to keep the five guys who hate you away from the four guys who haven't made up their minds." - Casey Stengel
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:59 PM
Packer Fan's Avatar
Packer Fan Packer Fan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 385
Default

I have been watching the southern area just about Daily, and I can gaurantee you they have sold a lot more than 1000 homes in the first 6 months. It is kind of amazing to watch the View lots disappear when they go up for sale, especially in the 55-100K range. Any spec homes with a view go quickly also. Courtyard villas are another good seller. Sales this year have definetly been higher than last. Shocking how much is selling this summer too. I think them actually starting to build the bridges helps, but the price of the homes and the beauty of the area sell things.

On a similar note - there are only 2 new homes left in Fenney......

I will say this, I really have NO idea how they price new homes. Seems like someone is throwing darts at a board. When one with a really good price goes up, it disappears in a day. The other day an Iris on the golf course came up on the site for like $365K. I was like, man is that low. Next day it was sold. Other times you look at a house and it is like crazy high, and it sits forever....

One last thing -what is with the UGLY Olive Drab cabinets they are putting in lately? Do they think we are in the army? I notice those houses don't sell fast. I do really like the new fronts and the fact they put in flooring instead of carpet in a lot of homes.

Ed
__________________
Packer Fan
Oak Creek, Wi
Village of Hillsborough
Snow Flake until I retire
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-11-2019, 08:18 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: From Ohio, now happily live in Laurel Valley
Posts: 36,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
I have been watching the southern area just about Daily, and I can gaurantee you they have sold a lot more than 1000 homes in the first 6 months. It is kind of amazing to watch the View lots disappear when they go up for sale, especially in the 55-100K range. Any spec homes with a view go quickly also. Courtyard villas are another good seller. Sales this year have definetly been higher than last. Shocking how much is selling this summer too. I think them actually starting to build the bridges helps, but the price of the homes and the beauty of the area sell things.

On a similar note - there are only 2 new homes left in Fenney......

I will say this, I really have NO idea how they price new homes. Seems like someone is throwing darts at a board. When one with a really good price goes up, it disappears in a day. The other day an Iris on the golf course came up on the site for like $365K. I was like, man is that low. Next day it was sold. Other times you look at a house and it is like crazy high, and it sits forever....

One last thing -what is with the UGLY Olive Drab cabinets they are putting in lately? Do they think we are in the army? I notice those houses don't sell fast. I do really like the new fronts and the fact they put in flooring instead of carpet in a lot of homes.

Ed
Taupe is a new color being used in the Kitchen...see here?

Top Taupe Paints for Your Kitchen Cabinets
__________________
I have to be myself, everyone else is taken.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sales, year, communities, report, mid

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.