Anyone have an Iris home security system?

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Default Anyone have an Iris home security system?

Looked at these at Lowe's, and there seems to be a lot to recommend in a non-commercially-monitored security system: broadband driven, smart phone controlled, lots of hardware options. However, on-line reviews (Amazon, others) express concerns about the overall stability of the system - software and communications especially, it seems. Would be interested in any experiences here. (This question was posed here more than a year ago, with no replies. Hope there may be more users now.)
Old 02-02-2015, 08:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Why would you want to get a non-monitored system? Don't depend on your neighbors to hear your alarm and call the police.

Look at a company online called SimpliSafe Home Security Systems - monitoring starts at $19.99/mo. No, I don't work for them, I've just researched systems for our home. It is DIY, but it is wireless and looks very simple to install.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:42 PM
Gold member

Ditto SimpliSafe.... Excellent system and highly touted. I have had it for a year now and no issues. Easy to expand as much as you like. Figure about $350 for the equipment. Like the post above I did my research. Don't go with a Big Box Store. If you want cameras you will need to go with something like Samsung or D-Link which is what I am going to install.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.