Read This!!!

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Banned
Default Read This!!!

This site should not misrepresent itself as a place to talk about the villages.. It is in no way associated with the villages... It is just a place for the owner to make $$ from advertising. I will get banned again.. but thats the great thing about Proxy servers and free email addresses.. I will be back to spread the word. I have been banned and my IP Address refused 3 times for stating my opinion...
I am reporting this site to the Villages main Office, and it will be shut down..Until then..... I'll be back
Old 03-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Sage

Your point? I think most of us know that TOTV is a for-profit media venture not owned by, and independent of, TV. It represents itself accurately as a place for its members to talk about TV or other topics. Posters who are rude and disrespectful of other members may be banned at the owners' discretion, for which I suspect most of us are grateful.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Platinum member

Where did that come from?
Old 03-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman1 View Post
This site should not misrepresent itself as a place to talk about the villages.. It is in no way associated with the villages... It is just a place for the owner to make $$ from advertising. I will get banned again.. but thats the great thing about Proxy servers and free email addresses.. I will be back to spread the word. I have been banned and my IP Address refused 3 times for stating my opinion...
I am reporting this site to the Villages main Office, and it will be shut down..Until then..... I'll be back
What are you, 12 years old?
Old 03-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Gold member

Quote:

Let us know how that goes. My guess is we won't be hearing back any time soon...

Last edited by BobKat1; 03-06-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:59 PM

Bassman1: You should drop the B from your posting name.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

OMG!! You mean that a website designed to draw many many users and viewers, who use it for free, is seeking advertising to defray costs and maybe earn a profit in the balance? Who do the administrators think they are? Why the idea that you can create a product that draws hundreds and even thousands viewers would be attractive to advertisers is .... is....well, very American, in my book. Get a life Bassman. We really are not stupid down here in TV ...... really.

(LOL Ohiogolf)
Old 03-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogolf View Post
Bassman1: You should drop the B from your posting name.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogolf View Post
bassman1: You should drop the b from your posting name.
love it!!!
Old 03-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
.... I will get banned again.. but thats the great thing about Proxy servers and free email addresses.. I will be back to spread the word.......Until then..... I'll be back
Well at this stage of the game I think it might be worthwhile for TOTV to consider charging a one-time nominal fee (couple of bucks) to become a posting member. Using a PayPal account, it would require one to use a legitimate credit card associated with their name in order to become a member. Any proceeds collected for membership could be used for an annual donation to a local charity.

This would effectively stop these trolls who either have a vendetta against TOTV or are just too uncivilized to be allowed to post here. Once they are banned, the real name associated with the credit card would be banned.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdVinMass View Post
Well at this stage of the game I think it might be worthwhile for TOTV to consider charging a one-time nominal fee (couple of bucks) to become a posting member. Using a PayPal account, it would require one to use a legitimate credit card associated with their name in order to become a member. Any proceeds collected for membership could be used for an annual donation to a local charity.

This would effectively stop these trolls who either have a vendetta against TOTV or are just too uncivilized to be allowed to post here. Once they are banned, the real name associated with the credit card would be banned.
I wouldn't like for everyone to have to pay for the misdeeds of a few.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Sage
Default ???

HMMM_BASSMAN-is that some sort of fish-person??
Old 03-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Default bassman

Could Bassman be the bass player that wants to play at the square?
Old 03-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default I agree with all of you

I just have to wonder what is the motive for this attack?

I wonder what happened originally.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-06-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Gold member

Pturner, the problem is that idiots like this Bassman1 love to flaunt their resourceful ways of masquerading on forums like TOTV because they think they are so smart, when they really aren’t. It actually infuriates me.

I’m not suggesting any kind of annual membership here, just that new members who wish to join in on the fun and enjoyment of this great forum must at least identify themselves in some way that they can be banned for good if they become Trolls who are obsessed with making life miserable for everyone else.

I also think that this Bassman1 is the same knucklehead that has caused a number of problems in the past on this website, but I’m not really sure.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.