Read This!!!

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2010, 08:19 PM

Just another Troll. (not a very bright one it seems-since he doesn't get the fact that posters/readers are happy to share opinions and information about their interests in The Villages.) Ignore him and he'll go away.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:20 PM

Bassman - At the risk of being zipped by admin, I'll write the first thing that popped into my head upon reading your post: Shut Up, Moron.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman1 View Post

I am reporting this site to the Villages main Office, and it will be shut down..Until then..... I'll be back
OK, Bassman without a B, good luck with that reporting thing. We'll all be here waiting.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

reminds me about not arguing with idiots,

they bring you down to their level and beat you with numbers
Old 03-07-2010, 05:14 AM
Veteran member
Default close down this site?

isn't this still a free country? the developer doesn't control everything, who's going to shut this down? This is an open forum, I thing we all know that and it is not required to go on the site. If you don't like why bring up the site?
Old 03-07-2010, 05:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by llaran View Post
isn't this still a free country? the developer doesn't control everything, who's going to shut this down? This is an open forum, I thing we all know that and it is not required to go on the site. If you don't like why bring up the site?

You are missing the point.

1000's of folks get enjoyment out of the site. Let one or two *&%$^&* spew their negativity and you will not have a friendly place to get needed help and information any longer. I am told that nudity is an art form, but if villagers start posting their nude photos, I will be gone for that also. It is so hard to find a warm and fuzzy anything today, I would love to see this site be monitored and continue to reject unsavory, negative or vulgar posts.

Lou
Old 03-07-2010, 06:45 AM
Veteran member

A troll indeed. I suppose we only give him more steam when we post about it, so I guess I should not post on this thread and just ignore it.

I think the Moderators here do a good job. It is not easy. ( I know).

No place is perfect. Even heaven had Lucifier, for awhile.
Out of the thousands of good folks in The Villages, there is a village troll. Oh well, the good life goes on......

This guy has issues......wonder who his neighbors are.....

To Bassman- let it go. You only demean yourself by your rants. Life is too short to have these anger issues. If you do live in The Villages, you have much to be thankful for. Count your blessings and stop being so pitiful.

You will die a lonely, bitter person unless you get rid of your stinkin thinkin and get a check up from the neck up......

Frank
Old 03-07-2010, 07:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulfrank View Post
A troll indeed. I suppose we only give him more steam when we post about it, so I guess I should not post on this thread and just ignore it.

Out of the thousands of good folks in The Villages, there is a village troll. Oh well, the good life goes on......

To Bassman- let it go. You only demean yourself by your rants. Life is too short to have these anger issues. If you do live in The Villages, you have much to be thankful for. Count your blessings and stop being so pitiful.

You will die a lonely, bitter person unless you get rid of your stinkin thinkin and get a check up from the neck up......

Frank
Oh Frank.

Kindly and well said.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:00 AM

You think it's the husband of the lady who almost ran over Red and her dog? They'd probably make a lovely couple!
Old 03-07-2010, 11:11 AM

I have been reading totv for about 2 years now, I had to register to respond to this message.

This sight makes me smile, I for one see it for what it is, neighbors helping neighbors , neighbors making newcomers feel welcome and answering any questions they have knowledge on. I for one know it is not a site owned by the Villages, its a site set up to support and inform and be helpful if they can.

No I dont own a place in the villages as yet, but if we can afford it in 2 years 9.5 mths we will surely be buying in The Villages. How nice is it to read gracious people who welcome others with open arms and invites. I want to meet Kathi and Gracie and Jeannie and armyguy , Boomer and the rest. This is how it should be, offers of assistance and caring and open arms to help your community.

Bassman noone dragged you in here to read the posts in here. You choose to come here and be negative. You look for the bad and if you dont find it you try to make it. Find some happiness smile, dont be known as the grouch of the Villages.

TOTV Thank you for always making me smile and for letting me see something that has been missing in places for years. Neighbors the kind you know the kind who help the kind who step up and be polite fun and friendly!!!

Hoping to see all in 2yrs 9.5mths

Fran
Old 03-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
reminds me about not arguing with idiots,

they bring you down to their level and beat you with numbers
Or; You should never wrestle with pigs - you'll only get dirty and the pig will like it.

BTW, I am relatively new to TOTV and love the site. It is by far the best means by which to get unbiased and wide ranging information about the villages that one can imagine. As far as being a commercial enterprise I would ask - how else would the forum be able to exist in the format we users enjoy? Besides the fact that I have been introduced to advertisers and their websites, that I may want to use if and when I relocate in TV, and as a result, become more aware of opportunites to enhance the TV experience. Like anything there are always people who for some reason or another are unhappy with it, and usually it is a person who tried to abuse the rights of others in some way and was foiled. Ed
Old 03-07-2010, 11:53 AM

We love this site. Thanks Talk Host.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post

BTW, I am relatively new to TOTV and love the site. It is by far the best means by which to get unbiased and wide ranging information about the villages that one can imagine. As far as being a commercial enterprise I would ask - how else would the forum be able to exist in the format we users enjoy? Besides the fact that I have been introduced to advertisers and their websites, that I may want to use if and when I relocate in TV, and as a result, become more aware of opportunites to enhance the TV experience. Like anything there are always people who for some reason or another are unhappy with it, and usually it is a person who tried to abuse the rights of others in some way and was foiled. Ed
Very thoughtful and wise post, eweissenbach. I have deleted an earlier, late-night post that wrongly and unwisely added fuel to the fire. You have made valid and reasoned points without attaching the original poster. In doing so, you have turned a rant into a conversation. I admire that and applaud you for it.

Last edited by Pturner; 03-07-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:38 PM

This is a great site. If ads (that enable this site in the first place) anyway, if ads are his problem, he can go somewhere else and quit wasting our time reading his worthless posts.

Where else can someone who is having surgery and needs a ride home, makes a post on here and several fellow villagers come to the rescue.

I've been involved with several discussion boards and this is the best by far. The things that stands out with this board over the others is no one dominates, everyone's thoughts are well received and most of all, there are very few know it alls. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulfrank View Post

Frank
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.