Now that you're a member of Palmer, Glenview, Mallory, Havana, Cane Garden etc.

Closed Thread
Old 10-31-2007, 10:42 PM
Default Now that you're a member of Palmer, Glenview, Mallory, Havana, Cane Garden etc.

Experienced golfers who have moved to the Villages have likely found a different relationship with “their club” than they had back home. For one thing, there are nine championship courses, and however many executive courses. :bigthumbsup:

The championship courses have pro shops, a starter’s shed, restaurant, ranges or nets, a pro, and other facilities. If we come from a place where leagues and tournaments are run by our local pro, or by member committees, what are we apt to find is different? ???

The pro shops seem to be effective retail outlets, and clearing houses for handling greens fees and carts, but how do leagues develop? Are there mixed leagues, scotch foursomes, etc? :dontknow:

I have read posts to the effect “if you want to play the same course at the same time of the same day….this isn’t your place.” :cop: While I thoroughly enjoy meeting new people through golf, I wonder to what extent is one able to play repeatedly with close friends of similar ability?

Old 11-01-2007, 12:13 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Now that you're a member of Palmer, Glenview, Mallory, Havana, Cane Garden etc.

A rather confusing question.............but here goes. if you have a group of friends you enjoy playing with as I do, we put in t-time requests for our group and with a wide window for t-times we generally are able to play as a group on the championship courses several days per week. Also we are priority members which aids us in acquiring t-times. As for couples events, my wife an I participate during the season (May - Aug.) by playing thurs. eve. at Lopez, Mon. eve. at Tierra and Hacienda. All this information is available through the t-time office on Wedgewood Lane and also in the Daily Sun during the appropriate season.

Another source of information is the golf shops. Just ask and if you happen to ask someone who can't answer the question, ask someone else. We are more than willing to help explain t-time requests, men's day and couples day questions.

Hope this helps....................
Old 11-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Default Re: Now that you're a member of Palmer, Glenview, Mallory, Havana, Cane Garden etc.

Chuckster, As a priority member do you belong to one, two, three, or all the clubs. Is you membership single or couple? I have been going back and forth on this. Our home is in Duval and I have debated a 3 club membership as I feel that I would probably play Cane Garden, Mallory, and Havana the most. Am I limiting myself? I have just gained access to the online T time system, and find that when I access it all the t times on the executives courses for the morning hours seem to already be gone. All I can figure is that there are people online at 3am doing nothing but booking t times as a new day becomes available. Also can you book play on 2 executive courses in the same day, say one nine in the morning and a 2nd nine in the afternoon? Thanks for you help. I apologize if I may have gotten off topic and I will now hangup and listen.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:56 AM
Eternal Member

The reason most of the AM tee times on the executive courses are gone is that most people put in requests for up to seven days ahead and the AM is currently the preferred time. As the winter sets in you won't even see PM times on the executive courses.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:03 PM

zcaveman, How do you put in a t time for a week in advance? All I see is 3 days at a time on internet system. Thanks
Old 11-01-2007, 12:32 PM

Right now (Nov 1) you can put in a request for tee times on days from Nov 5th through Nov 8th. Tee times on days prior to the 5th are already assigned and are now reservations. You need to go to the section marked requests and templates.

If you just go to the reservations section you will only see what is open for the next three days (Nov 2-Nov 4).
Old 11-01-2007, 06:03 PM

Do you not golf in the winter time?
Old 11-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Eternal Member

I golf in the winter. It is just a little harder to get tee times. You need to expand your time to play to 5-7 hours and put as many courses as you can. If you still get not accommodated, you make an occasional search of open reservations using the online system and grab one that some one else gave up.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:01 AM

Can you make reservations on two different nines on the same day. Say Turtle Mound in the morning and Bacall in the afternoon. Assuming the t time is open. Will the system allow this or kick you out?
Old 11-02-2007, 01:15 AM
Eternal Member

I have made reservations for the same day at two different times. I am not sure what the time frame is required between reservations.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:43 AM
Veteran member

I believe you need 4 hours between requests. Requests are made from 4 - 7 days out and reservations from 1 - 3 days out. All this info in better detail is available at new golf sessions that are regularly available at different rec. centers. Call the t-time office for details. That way you can get the straight info and not some second hand stuff.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:25 PM
LAVNDR

Is there any information on line to find out the price of membership to the country clubs?
Old 11-02-2007, 04:33 PM

http://www.thevillages.com/golf/cham...hancements.htm

If this does not work go to www.thevillages.com and click on golf
Old 11-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Sage

The villages golf site can be found here: http://www.golfthevillages.com/index.asp

Click on Championship golf and then rates or priorty membership info.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.