Real Estate Mkt / Coronavirus

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2020, 06:33 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,809 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Absolutely, if the virus hits TV, and there are lots of deaths--heirs will be unloading the properties; especially if they have not intention of moving here and the big IF, who would want to live in a house that a person died from Coronavirus
Depends on the price of such house. I am sure that there are a lot of homes in The Villages where someone has died. A good deal is still a good deal.
Old 03-17-2020, 06:46 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 4,759 Times in 1,814 Posts

Like a speed bump.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:05 AM

Just saw infections disease expert on squawk box, this could be the new normal for the next 18months until we get a vaccine. if this is the case, demand for TV houses will drop off a cliff and prices accordingly
Old 03-17-2020, 07:21 AM
Sage

Another aspect, this is a maximum density community, a lot of houses are right on top of each other (akin to Levittown, right after the war)--the transmission of the disease once its starts will be rampant--especially for those living in high rise senior housing

Hope I'm wrong it won't be pretty--real estate value should be your last worry
Old 03-17-2020, 07:28 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 1,616 Times in 655 Posts

Interest rates will be low, a good time to buy. Some people made lots of money selling off from the stock market. Not much else to do so go find that dream home.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:36 AM

Let me suggest a different scenario. Building of new homes will slow slightly but will still be more significant than other communities. Prices will remain stable. With mortgage rates at historic lows, some will partially finance their purchases which isn't done much today. The market will rebound. It is currently where it was 3 years ago and if you don't have to liquidate, there are many opportunities out there. During the last recession, the sky did not fall in The Villages.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:37 AM
Default Real Estate values 2020

[QUOTE=N44125;1728530]What do you think? Will the Coronavirus have an adverse affect on the Real Estate market? Will sales go down? Will prices be depressed?

Just curious....what ever happens will be temporary.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:50 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

This Iris located across the street from me in Lake Deaton was listed at around $564,000 a month ago to then drop a little several weeks ago. Now it's listed for $499,000. It's dropping into the good deal range??

Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale
Old 03-17-2020, 08:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Better to own a whatever it is that does cremations. That seems to be the way things are going these days.
Let's keep up with the times: Washington to allow human composting to turn dead bodies into soil - Business Insider
Old 03-17-2020, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,275 Times in 484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfan View Post
I just bought a lot and they sure don’t go down. I guess I can watch inventory prices and switch to one of those, if desired!
You really don't buy a lot here you just reserve a space for potential build with in
1 year or it reverts back to the developer
Old 03-17-2020, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,275 Times in 484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Interest rates will be low, a good time to buy. Some people made lots of money selling off from the stock market. Not much else to do so go find that dream home.
No matter how low interest rates go you still need green backs to pay the mortgage. Many new or pending retires nest eggs have dropped by 30% or more .
No matter how fast this pandemic passes recovery will likely be slow
Old 03-17-2020, 09:15 AM

With a 15 year morgage around 2.75 percent why tap investments to pay for a house?
Even if you sold your house up north to migrate to FL, a morgage at these rates is worth considering. You can establish a nice emergency fund very quickly. Marketing people will be making buyers aware of this
Old 03-17-2020, 09:25 AM

“There’s never been a better time to buy”. Seems like some people on this forum are realtors. We are in a different paradigm, a pandemic that may come back after this summer. A vaccine is 18 months away What if TV becomes an epicenter of death, are people socially distancing here as trump says to
I hope Iam wrong, but housing prices could collapse here with our residents the majority of whom are virus deniers
Old 03-17-2020, 09:26 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,021 Times in 343 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Interest rates are going to be low for quite some time. Why would you run out now and buy a house Vs waiting to see what will happen to the market after this virus thing. House prices have not moved down or at least not drastically in the last month. There will certainly not be a demand for prices to rise in the near term future given the market loses and investors decreased ability to buy. Buying a house two months from now is almost guaranteed to be cheaper than today.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Better to own a whatever it is that does cremations. That seems to be the way things are going these days.
I believe that is called a crematorium.
Closed Thread

Tags
real, coronavirus, estate, market, depressed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.