Real Estate Question

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2018, 01:24 PM
Default Real Estate Question

We are looking to buy a resale home in the Villages. A local realtor told us that we should hold off on buying for a year, if possible, because once the connectivity to Fenney was complete, that area (Fenney) would become the most desirable and the price of resale homes in the northern areas would drop significantly. We are new to the market, have just begun looking and we're not sure if this was sound advice. It seemed odd that a realtor would discourage buying at this time. I was just looking for some other opinions of her analysis. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:28 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

I can only give my humble opinion. The info you got is bogus.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:30 PM
Default 100% agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I say BS! Fenney (connected or not) is not for everyone!
Old 05-23-2018, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

The Villages is technically "connected"...to Seattle.

Would what happens in one place...affect anyone's decision in another?
Old 05-23-2018, 01:44 PM
Sage

Do you have a contract with God, that you will be around next year ? Get it done !!
Old 05-23-2018, 01:52 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

TV..............I think you have your answer.

First thread I have ever seen when everyone agrees.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, not in the eyes of a broker.

Good Luck.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaborn View Post
I say BS! Fenney (connected or not) is not for everyone!
Nor is any other village...not for everyone.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I am not disagreeing with anyone, but I will offer our experience. Right now the resales north of Fenney are escalated because the only new homes in TV are in Fenney, and not everyone wants to be down there and wait for the golf cart paths and businesses to follow. When we were house hunting in 2011, our TV sales agent was reluctant to show us resales because there were so many new sales available. When we sold six years later, we wondered about using him because of this, but he & his partner gave us a convincing presentation about how resales were going due to the only new homes being in Fenney.

I'm just saying it's something to think about. The house sold very quickly.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Since 2007 most of what is below 466 has been built and one of the most central locations in that area would be the intersection of Buena Vista and 466A. From the two most recent squares that intersection is about 3-1/2 miles from LSL and 3-1/2 miles from Brownwood. That intersection is 8 miles from Rohan Rec Center, which is basically the edge of the established Villages north of 44. Fenny is 5 miles beyond that point, or about 13 miles from Buena Vista and 466A.

Not that the world revolves around Buena Vista and 466A, but if you wanted to drive to the new Lowes or Aldis, or take your golf cart to Evans Prairie, Cane Garden, Arnold Palmer, Glenview, Mallory, the softball fields, the polo fields, you get the point, you'll be packing a lunch because that new bridge will let you go everywhere if you have the time. Teetime at Arnold Palmer at 2:00, better leave about noon and don't stop on the way. I don't foresee the Fenney area having the same appeal until you have similar amenities.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Wannabe View Post
We are looking to buy a resale home in the Villages. A local realtor told us that we should hold off on buying for a year, if possible, because once the connectivity to Fenney was complete, that area (Fenney) would become the most desirable and the price of resale homes in the northern areas would drop significantly. We are new to the market, have just begun looking and we're not sure if this was sound advice. It seemed odd that a realtor would discourage buying at this time. I was just looking for some other opinions of her analysis. Thanks in advance.
You really should look at everything. Resales and new homes cost almost exactly the same. The difference in price is the view between two exactly same models.

We like new. We bought new here twice. They both were reasonably priced compared to used. I don't sell homes and I don't work for the developers and I don't even know them.

I like new. Look at new and used. You can't go wrong. This is a wonderful place to live.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I am not disagreeing with anyone, but I will offer our experience. Right now the resales north of Fenney are escalated because the only new homes in TV are in Fenney, and not everyone wants to be down there and wait for the golf cart paths and businesses to follow. When we were house hunting in 2011, our TV sales agent was reluctant to show us resales because there were so many new sales available. When we sold six years later, we wondered about using him because of this, but he & his partner gave us a convincing presentation about how resales were going due to the only new homes being in Fenney.

I'm just saying it's something to think about. The house sold very quickly

Yep.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:34 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

Not sure how you came across this "local realtor", but I would lose him / her as quickly as you found him /her.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Sounds logical but if I was the RE agent I would not think I would get the sale a year from now so this could well be his opinion and he is putting your interest ahead of his.
Seems like you just started your search. Consider renting for a few months to get to know the area and if you still like it then buy.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

First two houses were new. House #3 was preowned. We sold one house before it hit the market. We bought house #3 on day 2 of listing.

If you have not stayed here or rented I would strongly consider renting for a period of time while you were looking and deciding what area you would like to live in.

I am extremely surprised that a real estate person would tell you to wait a year because the prices are going to drop. Wondering if he just didn’t have what you needed available.

With that said would you be kicking yourself if you actually found a house now that you were in love with but held off to see if the price would drop.

After coming here since 2007 and renting we finally decided on a village and 2010, and then a different house with a larger garage in 2012, in a completely different area. Our preowned was in a village that we wanted. homes in that area have steadily gone up each time they sell. Take your time find something that meets your needs now, and later you can always find something else.

We have found that we are not attached to any home this late in life there are no memories of bringing up family or anything that special if another house came along we would move again with no worries of selling the other house.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:32 PM

I concur with this Post. Since the building of Lake Sumter landing..the Villages has doubled in size. The original conceept was to have the Recreational areas in place before the houses were built. This process continued until development reached Brownwood Square and Rohan Rec (Morse and co rd 44). It was possible to go to restaurants, golf courses,rec centers via cars or golf carts. Even now I can still do that.
Closed Thread

Tags
fenney, buying, realtor, resale, advice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.