Real estate tax change proposal

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Veteran member
Default Real estate tax change proposal

I read the on line version of the Sun this morning and in the article about the tax issue, the following statement was made;

"Allows transfer of accumulated Save Our Homes benefits, up to $500,000. Save Our Homes is a constitutional provision that limits the annual increase in assessed value of homestead properties to no more than 3 percent. This provision applies to all taxes".

"This does not mean you could transfer the entire $500,000 cap, Gibson said. You would be allowed to transfer only an accumulated percentage of your savings, for instance, when you downsize to a smaller home from a larger home".

What does this mean?
Old 01-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Location: TV, Vero Beach, Fl., Ft. Lauderdale, Fl., Boston, Ma.
Default Re: Real estate tax change proposal

I basiclally asked the same question posed under another post from yesterday in the Non-Villages forum titled "Amendment #1" and respondent "Village Kid" was kind enough to refer me to a Leon County web site (www.leonpa.org) which is extremely helpful albeit still confusing! I'm hoping that someone with a lot more knowledge than I will be able to explain in laymans terms the exact meaning of your quote from the Sun. Any takers???

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.