Realtor or FSBO?

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2021, 05:39 AM

Tri County title company will give you a closing package to get you started, draw up the contract and hold the down payment in escrow for you and handle the closing. I just did it. Very easy. Good luck!
Old 07-28-2021, 06:10 AM
Veteran member

Just be sure you give the buyers a full disclosure in writing of any problems with your property. Lawyers are loving the FSBOs cause many end up getting sued. We sold ours up North ourselves with full disclosure. Buyers had it in hand for their inspector to see as well.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:16 AM
Default Fsbo

Yes, definitely doable yourself.
Which model and where is it as we are looking for a patio villa.
I think you can private message me on here/totv.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbler64 View Post
Do you think the housing market is strong enough to forgo a realtor and just sell my 2X2 patio villa on my own?
John's sister and her husband are looking for a Patio Villa. Where is yours?
BTW we sold our last home ourselves and it went smoothly.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:01 AM
Default Selling on your own

Quote:
Do you think the housing market is strong enough to forgo a realtor and just sell my 2X2 patio villa on my own?
Definitely sell on your own & save thousands. We just did it by putting signs at the end of our block. No problems.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:13 AM
Location: Near Sumter Landing; come down when we can; still live in Forest Hills, a suburb of NYC

I would try to sell yourself before going to a realtor. I received an over ask, cash offer for my 2/2 within a few weeks (i think 2 weeks). You can take your own photos or hire someone to take them. It is not hard to write your own ad.
You will need someone to show it if you are not around. I have wonderful neighbors who helped.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Yes, but use a service that gets your ad on MLS, Zillow, etc.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:24 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeser View Post
Yes, but use a service that gets your ad on MLS, Zillow, etc.
Posted on Zillow by owner no problem, by ourselves. Could edit ad or add my pictures easily.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:25 AM

stay away from a realtor not good for the seller just the buyer/ we use for sail by owner and make more money if you want to be happy dont use a realtoe
Old 07-28-2021, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Question is not “Can you sell on your own” - of course you can, BUT Rather, “ It is Can you sell for the Highest DOLLAR?” The answer is clearly NO! You are negotiating ONLY with one Buyer! A Realtor sets it up so as for you to realize the Highest Dollar possible and in this Market, create Multiple Offers and therefore MORE moments than you would have otherwise realized. If you are happy with “just” selling, then go ahead. Good luck with your sale.
A Fellow Villager and Realtor from Canada
Old 07-28-2021, 07:58 AM
Default realtors

we use for sail by owner for 6 homes we sold and just sold our home in the villages for a lot of money. we had 9 realtors try to work for us told them to get lost . we made a lot of money go with for sail by owner you will be happy
Old 07-28-2021, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Post your house on Zillow Next door and any other free site. You can expect as many calls from realtors as from potential buyers. With a Villa it should go very fast. BEWARE OF FLIPPERS and other low life’s trying to low ball you. Do not pay the title insurance or any other fees on the HUD stmt !
Old 07-28-2021, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Did you use the company FSBO???
Interesting concept.....they do an appraisal & house inspection for the seller & they share it with qualified buyers.
Don’t use a company called FSBO ! The buyer hires an inspector and should pay the title insurance as well. Also get pricing for title insurance as there are a lot of title companies out there using the same underwriter but the markup on the policies are huge. The biggest markup folks are TV.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:17 AM
Default I have a buyer!

Quote:
My friend is looking for a patio villa in the southern areas. Please message me!!
Old 07-28-2021, 09:30 AM
Default Fsbo

Yep - completed it in a few hours in Georgia - and buy here ( 2 weeks in Woodbury ). We all have friends that are realtors or real estate sales professionals. Yet realtors or slowly becoming the record player of the past - while a studious homeowner can be the Bluetooth player, ( out with old and in with new ).

Having said this it requires work a great FSBO attorney. Mine was able to do Georgia and Florida ( though opted for a great realtor here ).

I will say it’s not for everyone… and based on your question and your responses, which actually yielded lots of great points. Though again not fir everyone, as there is lots of hands on… my attorney was the only attorney out of 10 I called who would do it, and then I found this firm had a website specifically catered to walking thru the process

All the best, happy to communicate off line

Last edited by ibodyWALK; 07-28-2021 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Grammar
Closed Thread

Tags
realtor, forgo, villa, patio, 2x2

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.