Realtor or FSBO?

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2021, 03:04 PM

The Villages sells itself. I would certainly try to sell first by owner. Looking at the real estate market it certainly in a sellers market. Go for it. Worst case scenario ( and I hardly doubt it) you turn your sale over to a realtor. We’ve sold both our former homes without realtors, Good luck!
Old 07-28-2021, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbler64 View Post
Do you think the housing market is strong enough to forgo a realtor and just sell my 2X2 patio villa on my own?
Short answer yes...but you should be aware of all that entails - home warranties, closing agent, inspections. Is it worth it?! I have a great realtor who is looking for places to sell, the inventory is so low in the area everything is selling almost immediately. I had an expanded designer on preserve south of 466A that sold in 3 hours.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:05 PM
Default What a Waist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Did you use the company FSBO???
Interesting concept.....they do an appraisal & house inspection for the seller & they share it with qualified buyers.
I would never trust any owners appraisal or inspection. So don't need a company called FSBO.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:18 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdp07 View Post
I would never trust any owners appraisal or inspection. So don't need a company called FSBO.

This brings up something for a FSBO seller to keep in mind. . .

If a FSBO seller decides to have an inspection done before marketing and a buyer decides to accept that inspection, that acceptance, along with the buyer’s waiving of the right to their own inspection, should be made clear in the contract language. (Maybe that situation is already covered in a generic Florida real estate contract — but, if not, and if I were the FSBO seller, I would make sure it would be.)

Boomer — who is not a lawyer or a real estate agent (full disclosure )

Last edited by Boomer; 07-28-2021 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:45 PM

You have nothing to loose doing a FSBO if its in your comfort zone, except time. Can you afford that ?

In this market its not uncommon to have cash sales that forgo inspections of any kind and don't need home warranty's
Old 07-29-2021, 05:28 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

Quote:
I would never trust any owners appraisal or inspection..
I love people who think professional reputations can be purchased for $300.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:33 AM
Soaring Parsley

About home warranties. . .

We downsized our northern home a few years ago. We used an agent for that sell and buy.

Our buyers requested a home warranty. Although we knew our house was well-maintained, the inspection had gone very well, and the appliances and hvac were almost new and had been taken care of — we threw it in because it was not a big expense and we were doing fine on the sale.

Our agent was long-experienced and highly professional. She knew our house and its condition and seemed a little miffed by the buyers’ agent’s request.

Our buyers’ agent was about 12 years old and just starting to try to make his “fortune” in the business.

Do agents get kickbacks for pushing home warranties?

Boomer
Old 07-29-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
About home warranties. . .

We downsized our northern home a few years ago. We used an agent for that sell and buy.

Our buyers requested a home warranty. Although we knew our house was well-maintained, the inspection had gone very well, and the appliances and hvac were almost new and had been taken care of — we threw it in because it was not a big expense and we were doing fine on the sale.

Our agent was long-experienced and highly professional. She knew our house and its condition and seemed a little miffed by the buyers’ agent’s request.

Our buyers’ agent was about 12 years old and just starting to try to make his “fortune” in the business.

Do agents get kickbacks for pushing home warranties?

Boomer
Yes. Depends on the state. It's not much.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:57 PM

How about listing it on Zillow it will be gone quick. Not sure if they have all the forms but pretty easy to download. Just remember your clauses you want in it easy to find the language online. No need to spend money on a realtor. They will do the same. No luck with zillow pay for a mls entry only and pay a selling realtor 2%
Old 07-29-2021, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenW View Post
Question is not “Can you sell on your own” - of course you can, BUT Rather, “ It is Can you sell for the Highest DOLLAR?” The answer is clearly NO! You are negotiating ONLY with one Buyer! A Realtor sets it up so as for you to realize the Highest Dollar possible and in this Market, create Multiple Offers and therefore MORE moments than you would have otherwise realized. If you are happy with “just” selling, then go ahead. Good luck with your sale.
A Fellow Villager and Realtor from Canada
Nah all you do is find the sold comps in your area figure out a price add $5k to that or $5 less and hope for a bidding war.. all a realtor does is the same. Now negotiating is an art. Disclosures important as is contract is a good idea. Put a lock box on the house from ace if you want .. do an open house yourself. Real estate in this market who needs to pay someone to do the same ..
Old 07-29-2021, 02:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
I agree. I would never trust an appraisal or an inspection paid for by the seller. I also would never hire an inspector recomended by the seller's real estate agent, or any agent trying to sell the house.
Old 07-29-2021, 02:17 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

If your house is priced correctly it’s hard to believe a realtor does much to earn five or 6% commission in this market. Try it yourself first. It should go within a week or less
Old 07-29-2021, 04:13 PM
Soaring Parsley
Default One thing leads to another. . .

In a buyers’ market, a FSBO buyer might expect to negotiate down because there is not a realtor’s commission. Of course, a buyers’ market seller might decide to try a FSBO so they can price competitively, aiming for a faster sell.

But, in a sellers’ market, FSBO sellers should expect to pay themselves the commission and should not have to entertain any offers less than fair market value — that’s “current” market value — in a lot of cases, there is nothing “fair” about it right now.

I have never seen a market this hot. It can’t last.

I think it will be a relatively slow slide though — probably not a sudden, big, splashy dunk — unless some big thing — like Covid’s resurgence — infiltrates the housing market. That could happen in more ways than one. . .

For instance, if health insurance premiums go through the roof for 2022, a lot of buyers across the country might have to rethink what they can afford to spend for a roof over their heads.

Health insurance companies do not lose money. They are not going to absorb the cost of hospitalizing Covid patients. They cannot deny them care — but we all are going end up paying the bill if the vaccine-deniers don’t get a grip on reality.

Soooo, anybody who is thinking about selling, and already has a place to move to, might want to seriously think about doing it ASAP. (But that’s just my opinion. . .I have been right before though.)

Boomer
Old 07-29-2021, 04:57 PM

Definitely a Realtor. Hire a Professional.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:40 AM

dont du it Definitely go with fsbo a realtor will not work for you only the buyer we just let our realtor go and sold with fsbo and saved $12,000 and it went so good and no bs :coolsmi ley:
Closed Thread

Tags
realtor, forgo, villa, patio, 2x2

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.