Leaving NJ to visit TV

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2008, 12:58 AM
JohnnyM
Default Leaving NJ to visit TV

Hello to all, my name is Johnny and I will arrive at The Villages with by wife Barbara on Monday January 7th for a three day stay. We are very, very excited about visiting your community. We are hoping to make TV our permanent address during 2008. We reside at the Mirage at Four Seasons in Barnegat, N.J. I would really enjoy playing tennis one day if someone would be kind enough to walk me through open tennis play. Three day's is not nearly enough time to soak up TV, but can we ask advice on what not to miss. I read most of the TOTV threads and find all of them very interesting and informative. Hope to meet some of you soon.....Happy New Year to all, Johnny & Barbara
Old 01-05-2008, 01:30 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Leaving NJ to visit TV

Welcome Johnny an Barbara! You're right that 3 days is not long enough to visit TV! Make sure that during that time, you take a ride on the trolley. Will give you a short overview of TV. You will soon wish you had more time. Sorry I can't help with tennis!

Becky
Old 01-05-2008, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyM
Hello to all, my name is Johnny and I will arrive at The Villages with by wife Barbara on Monday January 7th for a three day stay. We are very, very excited about visiting your community. We are hoping to make TV our permanent address during 2008. We reside at the Mirage at Four Seasons in Barnegat, N.J. I would really enjoy playing tennis one day if someone would be kind enough to walk me through open tennis play. Three day's is not nearly enough time to soak up TV, but can we ask advice on what not to miss. I read most of the TOTV threads and find all of them very interesting and informative. Hope to meet some of you soon.....Happy New Year to all, Johnny & Barbara
http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/sections/#secD
If this link does not work go to the Villages Daily Sun web site and you will see the recreation schedule. This will tell when and where there is open tennis. Enjoy your visit.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:43 AM
JohnnyM

Thank you Becky, the trolley tour is scheduled for Monday morning before we check in at 3pm. I know 3 day's is not a long period of time but We will be thrilled just being there. Some folks will never have the chance to see TV at all, so I consider ourselves very, very lucky for the chance. Thanks again for sharing......Johnny
Old 01-05-2008, 01:55 AM
JohnnyM

Thank you H2b, the site worked.......Johnny
Old 01-05-2008, 04:29 AM
beartrack1

Hi Johnny,

There is so much to do and to see at The Villages You may not want to find the time during your three day stay to fit tennis in but, being a tennis nut myself I can understand if you go hunting a match. The Glenview country club is the clay court center of The Villages, there are also clay courts at The Nancy Lopez Country club. Both are really nice facilities. If hard court is your preference, then you can check at the welcome center and they will show you which rec centers have hard courts and they will mark a map for you so that you can find them easily. If you have time, try pickle ball. I never heard of it until I visited The Villages. It is a lot of fun. Also the pro shop at Glenview will set up a tennis match for you at your level if you call and give them a little notice. Good luck, have fun but, I must warn you, you may not want to go back to NJ.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:07 AM
JohnnyM

Hey thanks Beartrack. I'm sorry I missed u on line last night, got to bed early. It is now 5:00am and we are leaving in a few minutes. I didn't want to go without checking TOTV. I guess even I'm addicted. Thanks for your insight, I will follow your directions. I will try calling Glenview. Thank you so much for your time. Have a great New Year....Johnny
Old 01-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

Hi JohnnyM,
The most valuable thing we did was to purchase a $5 map of TV at the Mercantile Store.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS G Send a message via MSN to DENNIS G

Welcome to TV. I know you will enjoy it. We LOVE it here, wish we could have gotten here earlier. We have been here nearly 5 years.

Have a safe trip down.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:47 AM
JohnnyM

Hi to Becky, Hope2b, Beartrack, Punkpup and DennisG......Thanks all so much for writing us and sharing your thoughts. We just arrived back home in NJ (Uugghh) after 3 glorious day's at TV. I am sorry I missed Punkpup and DennisG on line but we were on the road early Saturday morning so I did not see your post's. Please accept my apologies. We really stuffed alot of living in three day's. Never got to play tennis due to all our other activities but did go to the Pro shop and watched some match play. We stayed at the cottage's behind the sales office. Of course we danced each night at Spanish Springs and Sumter Landing. Maybe we passed some of you by. The people were the friendliest and I had the most fun petting their very, very well behaved dog's. Monday we are going forward with the sales team to help sell our home here in NJ and the rest is up to God. Thank you all so much for being a friend. God bless TV. Johnny & Barbara
Old 01-14-2008, 06:30 AM

JohnnyM,

Glad you had a wonderful time in TV!

Wishing I was there right about now as we are expecting 8 to 12 inches of snow cold by tomorrow.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Hello Johnny,

Isn't TV a great place?? It is amazing how mesmerizing it can be..I wish you and Barbara all the best in 2008..The Villages Florida

I look forward to meeting you both!The Villages Florida

Donna

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 01-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Dancing Thyme

Hi, Johnny and Barbara,

Good Luck to both of you in your plans for '08
I'm so happy you made your decision to move to TV. Please keep us posted on your progress.

You'll find that TOTV will be one of the best support groups for information and guidance through your process.

We hope to meet you in '08

Nice to have other Bronxites in TV

Best of luck and God speed, Kathie I.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-14-2008, 03:18 PM
JohnnyM

Thank you all for your best wishes. We will keep you all informed of our progress. Good luck punkpup with the weather. We are lucky so far, only rain and cold; no snow. At least you have the "Pats" to look forward to, my Seahawks are done! Johnny
Old 01-19-2008, 02:49 AM

Well, the weather's still the pits lol but what the heck.... we live in New England.

And yes we are extremely lucky to have the Pats! Definitely looking forward to the Pats vs Chargers game this Sunday.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.