realtors vs tv real estate brokers

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2020, 01:38 PM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again
Default realtors vs tv real estate brokers

understand tv real estate brokers are not Realtors but can/do they actively show non-tv broker/Realtor listings & facilitate sales of same ? know the reverse is true - Realtors can show/broker TV listings.......................... thanks in advance !
Old 03-29-2020, 01:53 PM

Really, and I though, “ never the Twain shall meet”. How long they been doing this?
Old 03-29-2020, 01:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,623 Times in 5,201 Posts

The term Realtor is a private organization designation. It really has nothing to do with whether they can show houses to you. To sell houses in Florida, you need to be a licensed broker or agent with a Florida State license. In The Villages, you actually need to deal with two different licensed agents, a Villages agent an a non-Villages agent. The Villages agent can show you the new houses and the pre-owned houses listed by The Villages company. The non-Villages agent can only show you houses that are not listed by the Villages company. They cannot show you houses listed by the Villages company.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadry View Post
understand tv real estate brokers are not Realtors but can/do they actively show non-tv broker/Realtor listings & facilitate sales of same ? know the reverse is true - Realtors can show/broker TV listings.......................... thanks in advance !
Why not call them and ask.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Realtor referral please!
Old 03-29-2020, 03:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

TV agents are just that. Agents of the developer that sell new construction, new spec homes, and they list and sell previously owned homes in The Villages thru their Villages Listing Service. They are not licensed Realtors, therefor they cannot participate in the sale of any broker listed home inside or out of The Villages. I have recently seem a few agents advertised as "licensed agents" I don't know what that means as they aren't using the trademarked Realtor designation.
Outside of The Villages, there are licensed real estate Brokers, who own their own office/company, and work representing buyers and sellers. There are also Brokers in Charge, licensed as a Broker but run an office/company for another party. And then, there are licensed Realtors who work for outside of The Villages agencies as sales reps and buyers agents.
Unless something has changed, these two groups are like oil and water. They don't mix, and they don't cooperate on transactions. Realtors don't sell new/used Villages inventory, and Villages agents work for the developer and in cooperation with other Villages agents
Old 03-29-2020, 03:40 PM
Veteran member

So I’m cringing at the replies to what may to some seems like a dumb question. But are you saying it’s best or at least not unusual to have 2 separate agents for buying in TV?
Old 03-29-2020, 03:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Beef View Post
So I’m cringing at the replies to what may to some seems like a dumb question. But are you saying it’s best or at least not unusual to have 2 separate agents for buying in TV?
It's not unusual or out of line to have both. In my mind, it's only right to tell each of them about each other. Remember, this life change and new/newer home purchase us about you, and what's best for you. Good luck!
Old 03-29-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Yes, you may need two agents if you are wanting to look at re-sale homes.
Re-sale homes can be listed with either a Villages representative or an outside real estate agent who is usually a member of the MLS (Multiple Listing Service)

However, if you are only considering a new home. You will have to use a Villages sales agent.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
If you want to buy only new, you need only a Villages rep.

If you want to buy preowned, you should have both a Villages rep and an MLS rep.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:03 PM
Veteran member

If you are looking for resales and want to see all that is on the market, you need two agents.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:03 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
TV agents are just that. Agents of the developer that sell new construction, new spec homes, and they list and sell previously owned homes in The Villages thru their Villages Listing Service. They are not licensed Realtors, therefor they cannot participate in the sale of any broker listed home inside or out of The Villages. I have recently seem a few agents advertised as "licensed agents" I don't know what that means as they aren't using the trademarked Realtor designation.
Outside of The Villages, there are licensed real estate Brokers, who own their own office/company, and work representing buyers and sellers. There are also Brokers in Charge, licensed as a Broker but run an office/company for another party. And then, there are licensed Realtors who work for outside of The Villages agencies as sales reps and buyers agents.
Unless something has changed, these two groups are like oil and water. They don't mix, and they don't cooperate on transactions. Realtors don't sell new/used Villages inventory, and Villages agents work for the developer and in cooperation with other Villages agents
Realtors of The Villages are licensed. They do not cross sell with non-Villages Realtors, but they do cooperate with them. At least ours did. She recommended a non-Villages Realtor and facilitated the initial meeting.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:14 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

When we were planning on moving down here I sent a list of our requirements to both The Villages and to a popular MLS agent. Both said they had many homes lined up to show us. When we arrived the MLS agent did not have a single home for us to look at with the requirements I sent to him but The Villages agent, Beth Pope, had quite a few, some of the ones we were interested in were already sold but she still had some that met our criteria to show us, we had interest in two of them. The next day she asked if we would like to see new homes in Fenney which was just starting so we drove down and bought a new spec. home within an hour, there was such a huge price difference when comparing apples to apples that we could not pass it up. It will be 3 years in early May and we are very happy living down here.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:34 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
When we were planning on moving down here I sent a list of our requirements to both The Villages and to a popular MLS agent. Both said they had many homes lined up to show us. When we arrived the MLS agent did not have a single home for us to look at with the requirements I sent to him but The Villages agent, Beth Pope, had quite a few, some of the ones we were interested in were already sold but she still had some that met our criteria to show us, we had interest in two of them. The next day she asked if we would like to see new homes in Fenney which was just starting so we drove down and bought a new spec. home within an hour, there was such a huge price difference when comparing apples to apples that we could not pass it up. It will be 3 years in early May and we are very happy living down here.
That’s great. Thanks for the thoughtful reply!
Old 03-30-2020, 05:26 AM
Default Real estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosells View Post
Really, and I though, “ never the Twain shall meet”. How long they been doing this?
Ever since Moby Dick was a Guppy!
I was misled by a TV sales person saying she was a licensed broker when we were looking here in 2015. The whole time she knew we were real estate sales people from a different State and we had a very open conversation. However after two days of showing us homes and then we put an offer on one home, we decided to back out because we realized that this sales person was not working for us as a real estate agent does. So we went home, sold our home first, spent the summer up north at the same time looking on line at different properties offered by outside Real Estate professionals. Do you know what we found? The same properties listed for $50,000 leass!
Closed Thread

Tags
realtors, brokers, listings, estate, real

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.