Reasonable Accommodations (RA) golf approval for 2021

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2020, 07:57 AM

Agreed. I’m in a boot right now until the end of December. I should be out of it by January thank goodness.
Old 12-03-2020, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

I called Golf Administration and found that if you could present a current state handicapped hang tag, all that would be needed is a driver’s license or other picture ID plus a Villages ID card. With those forms of identification an RA card would be issued with the same date of expiration as shown on the state hang tag.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:44 AM
Veteran member
Default Priviledged

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecaturFargo View Post
Entitled folks. The Ambassadors are so limited in what they can say. Argue with a golfer and you will get fired. Just another Morse rule. Ridiculous, isn't it.
Just like the Citizens First tellers having to fill out the deposit tickets for customers. Only bank I've seen where that is the case. Very unfair to the other people in line who have to wait and listen to the rude customer complain because it is taking too long. Stupid is as stupid does.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:48 AM

Shortly after my husband and I came to Florida, he needed hip surgery. His doctor gave him required paperwork to get a legal temporary handicap placard. I was shocked that we were able to get this as a Minnesota resident living in Florida supposedly in a temporary status. We were grateful. We are now legal residents and he needed a permanent handicap status. His family doctor completed the paperwork to convert the temporary placard to permanent.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:56 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry chappel View Post
Just like the Citizens First tellers having to fill out the deposit tickets for customers. Only bank I've seen where that is the case. Very unfair to the other people in line who have to wait and listen to the rude customer complain because it is taking too long. Stupid is as stupid does.
Great customer service in my book.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry chappel View Post
What? I fill out my own.
Old 03-23-2021, 10:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkfavreau2 View Post
I had a knee replacement last year and using an RA for a short time allowed me to play golf. I only drove on the course if it had hills I could not navigate. The new rule will be awful for those who are in a boot temporarily, awaiting surgery or have a short term disability.
Unless you have a knee issue with pain you don't really understand. I like golf but developed a knee issue requiring me to get 6 gel shots and cortisone for the pain especially if I had to walk some limited distance or go up small hills. You really get awful tired of doing nothing and long to associate with people and get some limited exercise. I can golf now only if I can take the cart to the ball if its to far away or around small hills. My option is no golf or giving it a try and using the cart to get to my ball if it exceeds my knee limits. Believe me I wish I could walk the whole course or run to my ball no matter where it is but I can't even come close. I have an Apt for knee replacement scheduled ( 1 month) then scheduling the surgery (3,4 ? months) then the recovery. Its a long hall. I think people should be thankful they don't have to take the cart to the ball and not judge those that do. Someday you just might be in the same situation and BTW I can tell you getting older doesn't improve your mobility and you will be amazed how things that were simple to do even 5 years ago become a challenge. I'm thankful I'm still here to do what I can do. Oh and while this thing called "aging" is happening and your loosing mobility, running down to the DMV between Dr visits for a handicap pass to play golf takes a mind set change that isn't as easy as it might seem or a even real priority compared to the issues and real decisions your facing.
Old 03-23-2021, 10:40 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddys55 View Post
How can you look and tell if a person is handicapped
Well, if they park in the Pro Pickup lane at Lowe's and come out carrying drywall....
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, legally, follow, change, greens

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.