Reasonable Accommodations (RA) golf approval for 2021

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2020, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownmoose13 View Post
This past March I was playing behind 4 IDIOTS who parked their carts between the sand trap and the green. Finally I saw an ambassador and we told him but he said there was nothing he could do. They should have had their golf privileges taken away for 30 days, 60 days for a second violation. You would think that 1 of the 4 would have enough brains to know better but I guess not. I see way too many golfers that no more look handicapped than the man in the moon....just too lazy to walk
Sometimes the handicaps are internal… Like a heart condition. So we cannot judge just physical handicaps.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownmoose13 View Post
This past March I was playing behind 4 IDIOTS who parked their carts between the sand trap and the green. Finally I saw an ambassador and we told him but he said there was nothing he could do. They should have had their golf privileges taken away for 30 days, 60 days for a second violation. You would think that 1 of the 4 would have enough brains to know better but I guess not. I see way too many golfers that no more look handicapped than the man in the moon....just too lazy to walk
Sometimes handicaps are internal and not external.… Such as a heart condition.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:23 AM
Sage

[QUOTE=DaleDivine;1868668]
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbcox View Post
Many of you know that starting in January 2021 that RA registrations for golf carts will require a Florida issued legal handicap status! Your doctor will NO longer be able to sign your application.

Not sure what you mean by doctor not being able to sign for a handicap pass.
My doctor signed for mine and my wife's handicap passes.
AND just because a person doesn't appear to be disabled, you really don't know what their disability is. DON'T PASS judgement.

Last edited by mulligan; 12-02-2020 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Many of you know that starting in January 2021 that RA registrations for golf carts will require a Florida issued legal handicap status! Your doctor will NO longer be able to sign your application.

AND just because a person doesn't appear to be disabled, you really don't know what their disability is. DON'T PASS judgement.
Excellent point, they don’t have a knee brace solution for a heart or asthma condition
Old 12-02-2020, 08:27 AM

Quote:

This change will be great for improving around the greens conditions on our golf courses! If you are not legally handicapped you will have to follow the cart rules as the rest of us have to follow. I live on Bonifay CC Destin course. You would be stunned with the RA crazy parking ON and around the greens.

Hopefully the Villages Management did not change this RA rule lately!

This is really fair to those who are legally handicapped!
Heart problems are NOT visible.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkfavreau2 View Post
I had a knee replacement last year and using an RA for a short time allowed me to play golf. I only drove on the course if it had hills I could not navigate. The new rule will be awful for those who are in a boot temporarily, awaiting surgery or have a short term disability.
Not so. State handicap forms have a line for the expected time the disability will end, at least in NY. So a person recovering from surgery can get a handicap permit for a few months
Old 12-02-2020, 08:41 AM
Default new CAP regulations

Quote:

This change will be great for improving around the greens conditions on our golf courses! If you are not legally handicapped you will have to follow the cart rules as the rest of us have to follow. I live on Bonifay CC Destin course. You would be stunned with the RA crazy parking ON and around the greens.

"Assignment of Course Access Pass cards will be issued only to those individuals who have a state certified disabled parking permit. A valid handicap placard, along with a valid ID / driver’s license and registration will need to be presented to the Golf Administration offices to obtain or renew a CAP Card."

Looking for where it says Florida issued only. Am I missing something?
Old 12-02-2020, 08:44 AM
Default RA and Golf Carts

Quote:

REMINDER: Unless FL LAW has changed golf cars are NOT ALLOWED to park in any handicap parking spaces at any shopping centers, grocery stores, etc. If you are truly handicapped and have a FL Handicap tag or DV tag and need to park close by, DRIVE YOUR VEHICLE not your golf cart to those places. Lady Lake Police are not doing enough to ticket golf carts parked in handicap parking spaces. Please be mindful.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecaturFargo View Post
Entitled folks. The Ambassadors are so limited in what they can say. Argue with a golfer and you will get fired. Just another Morse rule. Ridiculous, isn't it.
Another post with no facts to back it up, No ambassador has been fired for informing the golfer of the proper golf rules.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:59 AM
Default Everyone is allowed to ride on Silver Lake. You don't need an RA.

[QUOTE=manhattan;1868688]Live on #4 Silver Lake cart path runs right along fairway (which is narrow) to within 20 steps of green yet players drive up the middle of the fairway with front wheels on edge of green. Most of these players look healthy and walk around the green fine how lazy can you be?

Old 12-02-2020, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

[QUOTE=mulligan;1868772]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post

It means you will have to have a handicap plate for your automobile, not a blue hanging tag, in order to get an RA tag for your cart.
Not correct.
The new system requires a blue hanging placard application signed by your doctor then issued by the state of FL. Renewable after the designated expiration date. Then take the blue hanging placard and permit to golf management (Lake Sumter Landing) for issuance of sleeve for the golf cart (which must be renewed annually).
Old 12-02-2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:

Having a disability does not give pass holders the right to drive right up onto the fringe to park to go putt. I have seen this in TV and at home in NY. People can park close enough without being ignorant about causing damage.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:20 AM

[QUOTE=mulligan;1868772]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post

It means you will have to have a handicap plate for your automobile, not a blue hanging tag, in order to get an RA tag for your cart.
That is incorrect. Blue handicap tag from the state of FL is the same as a handicap license.
The way it works is you must get an approval first from your doctor and since it is not for getting a golf cart handicap but an actual state handicap license or blue tag, doctor are way more restricted and careful before approving as state can review. Doctors who hand them out like candy.
My hubby went to his heart doctor because he has 11 stints in his legs among multiple other conditions.
He had his office check if it should approved.
He took that to the MV departments who approved and asked if he would prefer a new license handicap
Plate or Blue handicap tag.
My hubby didn’t want his license plate showing handicap so he got blue tag instead.
Took all to golf department and now has the new golf handicap good for current and future.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:20 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
This change will be great for improving around the greens conditions on our golf courses!
Vast Majority of the players with RA' use them appropriately and are needed. There is not great damage to the areas around the greens. There are a few bozo's out there and they will continue with or without a change in the requirements.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:33 AM

Reread my post! My wife is handicapped so I judge no one!

My point is you MUST be a Florida handicapped holder. The Villagers golf will no longer accept a note from your doctor stating that they think you need assistance.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, legally, follow, change, greens

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.