Reasonable Accommodations (RA) golf approval for 2021

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2020, 09:33 AM

[QUOTE=DaleDivine;1868668]
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbcox View Post
Many of you know that starting in January 2021 that RA registrations for golf carts will require a Florida issued legal handicap status! Your doctor will NO longer be able to sign your application.

Not sure what you mean by doctor not being able to sign for a handicap pass.
My doctor signed for mine and my wife's handicap passes.
AND just because a person doesn't appear to be disabled, you really don't know what their disability is. DON'T PASS judgement.
Reread my post! My wife is handicapped so I judge no one!

My point is you MUST be a Florida handicapped holder. The Villagers golf will no longer accept a note from your doctor stating that they think you need assistance.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:38 AM

I think the over and under should be closer to 50 as long as they don’t close the thread.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:40 AM

[QUOTE=mulligan;1868772]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post

It means you will have to have a handicap plate for your automobile, not a blue hanging tag, in order to get an RA tag for your cart.
I did not say you have to have a handicapped tag...a blue placket will work. When you receive a Florida handicap plate/placket you receive a receipt showing your data. This is what they will accept.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holger danske View Post
"Assignment of Course Access Pass cards will be issued only to those individuals who have a state certified disabled parking permit. A valid handicap placard, along with a valid ID / driver’s license and registration will need to be presented to the Golf Administration offices to obtain or renew a CAP Card."

Looking for where it says Florida issued only. Am I missing something?
It's not Florida only. We are back and forth between here and our home in Alabama. Just yesterday I took in my Alabama blue hanging placard, Alabama drivers license, car registration and Villages ID and got my CAP card. My primary vehicle has a handicap license plate and I have the hanging blue placard for when we're in my wife's car. I'm limited to only playing 9 holes these days but I still enjoy it.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:57 AM

I don't look handicapped until you see me walk with a limp and slowly. The standard RA rules actually benefit everyone since they speed up play. The "cuffs" must be displayed on your cart and renewed each year at a cost of $6 or $8. There is also a special type of cart for golfers with greater limitations. It is available at limited locations (including Evans Prarie) and allows the golfer to not just get within 15' of the green, but to go onto the green without causing damage. My only knowledge of these is through my neighbor whose wife uses it. Perhaps some starter or ambassador out there can add to this.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:03 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken.yotz View Post
There is also a special type of cart for golfers with greater limitations. It is available at limited locations (including Evans Prarie) and allows the golfer to not just get within 15' of the green, but to go onto the green without causing damage. My only knowledge of these is through my neighbor whose wife uses it. Perhaps some starter or ambassador out there can add to this.
Palmer has two SoLo Riders

Home - SoloRider: The Leading Single Rider Adaptive Golf Cart for People with Disablities
Old 12-02-2020, 10:14 AM

What about those that have handicapped plates from out of state? That should be sufficient.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:17 AM
Veteran member
Default 80%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
80% of the VEHICLES around here have handicap plates around here anyway which means 80% of the golfers qualify so not sure how new rule would help. Probably will be more who now are aware!

Disclaimer: I don't play golf but I always wondered why so many carts are all over the fairways here and right up to the greens. Never noticed that up north on the local county courses when we went to the park.
and where did you get that number?
Old 12-02-2020, 10:18 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by regansings View Post
What about those that have handicapped plates from out of state? That should be sufficient.
"Assignment of Course Access Pass cards will be issued only to those individuals who
have a state certified disabled parking permit."

It's all right here: (again)

https://www.golfthevillages.com/whatsnew/Cap2021.pdf

Last edited by stanley; 12-02-2020 at 10:48 AM.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,042 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by regansings View Post
See post #34.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:48 AM

That is not all !! My wife golfs and has a serious medical condition. She has gotten the handicap cuff for her golf bag for years. Golf is her escape. I went to the golf administration and showed her the PA disability placard ,drivers license and told them she has gotten them in the past. A doctors note is on file. I was told I have to connect or associate the drivers license to the placard. I suggested she call PA motor vehicle and she said it is not her responsibility it is mine. She was not helpful. I did as she asked and got a lovely lady in PA motor motor vehicle dept. She sent me a email connecting them. I printed it out and brought it back to lady in golf administration. I suggested to her it is a simple phone call now that I tracked down someone to assist in this process. It would be very helpful to handicapped PA people. She said she would not do that. I then suggested she just give the number out to any Pa who are disabled and want to play in TV and need a permit. She refused to do that too. It took me weeks to track down this helpful person in PA. Another person may not be as motivated as myself or computer savvy. Why treat handicap people like this ???????????
Old 12-02-2020, 11:16 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownmoose13 View Post
This past March I was playing behind 4 IDIOTS who parked their carts between the sand trap and the green. Finally I saw an ambassador and we told him but he said there was nothing he could do. They should have had their golf privileges taken away for 30 days, 60 days for a second violation. You would think that 1 of the 4 would have enough brains to know better but I guess not. I see way too many golfers that no more look handicapped than the man in the moon....just too lazy to walk
I hope what they do cuts on the abuse of the intended purpose they have it for. Just like you I've witnessed the same things you have and the ambassadors claim they can't do any thing but watch too. Really sad some of these people have no respect for the game nor the courses we been provided to play on. I think some don't care because they know they couldn't do the same outside the villages.
Old 12-02-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Kelly View Post
That is not all !! My wife golfs and has a serious medical condition. She has gotten the handicap cuff for her golf bag for years. Golf is her escape. I went to the golf administration and showed her the PA disability placard ,drivers license and told them she has gotten them in the past. A doctors note is on file. I was told I have to connect or associate the drivers license to the placard. I suggested she call PA motor vehicle and she said it is not her responsibility it is mine. She was not helpful. I did as she asked and got a lovely lady in PA motor motor vehicle dept. She sent me a email connecting them. I printed it out and brought it back to lady in golf administration. I suggested to her it is a simple phone call now that I tracked down someone to assist in this process. It would be very helpful to handicapped PA people. She said she would not do that. I then suggested she just give the number out to any Pa who are disabled and want to play in TV and need a permit. She refused to do that too. It took me weeks to track down this helpful person in PA. Another person may not be as motivated as myself or computer savvy. Why treat handicap people like this ???????????
She was correct, it is not her job to do your footwork. I understand that you feel it would have been helpful, but they are VERY busy and there are more then PA people here. They would have to do it for every state. BUT I am glad you got your issue resolved.
Old 12-02-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownmoose13 View Post
This past March I was playing behind 4 IDIOTS who parked their carts between the sand trap and the green. Finally I saw an ambassador and we told him but he said there was nothing he could do. They should have had their golf privileges taken away for 30 days, 60 days for a second violation. You would think that 1 of the 4 would have enough brains to know better but I guess not. I see way too many golfers that no more look handicapped than the man in the moon....just too lazy to walk
The ambassador should have told the golfer that parking between the traps is prohibited, not to mention dangerous. If the golfer persisted in breaking this rule, the ambassador should call his outside manager who will come out to the course and speak to the golfer. As for the carts that ride right up to the green, the new rule is to stay 30 feet from all greens. It is the ambassador’s responsibility to remind golfers of this rule. I had to do so this morning. I told the golfer that he should be 10 yards from the green. His answer to me was: “I thought it was 30 feet.” I just smiled and drove away.
Old 12-02-2020, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
80% of the VEHICLES around here have handicap plates around here anyway which means 80% of the golfers qualify so not sure how new rule would help. Probably will be more who now are aware!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
and where did you get that number?
From my uncle's wife's cousin's busybody sister-in-law. OBVIOUSLY (aside from the obvious at the end of my comment) it was meant as humorous hyperbole. Do you REALLY think that it was intended to be an exact statistic gleaned from all motor vehicle records here in The Villages? Yea, it's definitely "time for change" in people's attitudes around here. If people would just loosen up a bit and spend more time making positive comments (or NO comments at all if they can't be positive) things would be so much better around here.

For your benefit I will add a disclaimer to my post that the 80% figure was not meant to be a statistically significant number but just hyperbole.

Last edited by EdFNJ; 12-02-2020 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Added disclaimer
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, legally, follow, change, greens

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.