rec center masks

Closed Thread
Old 11-20-2020, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Actually, in South Korea, New Zealand, Australia, and Japan it was NOT "DRACONIAN". There are many factors related to the differences in the society of the US and these more SUCCESSFUL countries at handling a Plague. The MAIN one is their citizens have a positive and confident attitude of a WILLINGNESS to COOPERATE with their government's CV effort. Whereas, the US of A has citizens with a STUBBORNNESS, inflexible, and uncooperative attitude to our government's CV effort. Citizens of those 4 non-US countries have great TRUST in their governments and what their governments tell them. They TRUST their leadership and their government mechanisms and laws. In New Zealand, they love their Prime Minister. The US, when it comes to a National emergency like this CV Plague, could be rightfully be called the DIS-United States. WE have a jumble of states competing for money, power, and favors from the Central government. US citizens were NOT told the truth about CV, early on, when it was 1st recognized as a MAJOR health problem( in Feb.). It became a Political football instead of an emergency to be turned over to the Epidemiologists for their judgment, and direction. Then they should have been given the POWER to solve the problem - the Political football was dropped, fumbled.

The US became a case study for Medical Scientists about what NOT to do!
I agree with most of what you said. I would like to add that our government has spent billions to develop a Covid vaccine(s). Our government will also spend more to distribute and offer this vaccine to all Americans for FREE. I thank the Trump administration for getting this done.
Old 11-20-2020, 02:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Honestly, yes. Why would they lie? What media news sources do is put a slant on the news but they don't out and out lie. They also neglect (on purpose) to report a news story if it doesn't fit their agenda. That's how I see it anyway.
There will be a major sea change soon. We will have articulate messages and a lot of money spent and not much accomplished.

Last edited by graciegirl; 11-20-2020 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-20-2020, 02:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
I took a lot of psychology and child development classes when I was in college. I am glad that the CDC has FINALLY reversed their stance on school closures.

I believe that the experts are finding that all of this social distancing and self isolation is doing FAR more harm than good. First do no harm...
We can social distance and still be together. That is the easy part. Isolation does not have to be part of the equation.
Old 11-20-2020, 02:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I no longer have children to protect. If mine were little, I would hesitate, because one was born with Cardiological and Pulmonary factors that would put her at high risk, like the elderly. Children are not affected as seriously, from what I've read but...One would bring it to the other who would be affected seriously.

The vaccine will slow this damned virus very soon.

I am so happy with THAT news.

Right now, we can celebrate that all reading these argumentative posts are STILL ALIVE.

I shelter now so that when I am again together with those I treasure, no one will be missing.
Gracie,
I know you have been very careful with the Covid precautions and mostly sheltering in place. It will all be worth it. As you always say (stolen from someone else who I can not remember who)......"Patience grasshopper".
Old 11-20-2020, 02:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
I am hoping and praying that the vaccine will be released soon. The isolation is having seriously adverse consequences in the elderly, too. I know from your posts that you are still getting out to the stores and whatnot. Some elderly people have not left their homes since this whole thing began which is not healthy. Their cognitive and physical declines are substantial and extremely worrisome. People need fresh air, sunshine and to be around other people.

This vaccine can not come soon enough in my own inexpert opinion.
I can understand sheltering in place and not leaving one's home but why not get fresh air? There is no reason why anyone should not sit on their lanai or even a driveway with their family member.
Old 11-20-2020, 02:41 PM

https://cdn.summit.news/2020/11/181120doctor1.jpg
Old 11-20-2020, 03:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I can understand sheltering in place and not leaving one's home but why not get fresh air? There is no reason why anyone should not sit on their lanai or even a driveway with their family member.
Depression, isolation, fear.
Old 11-20-2020, 09:45 PM

Wearing a mask protects primarily others, but also provides some protection to the wearer.
Old 11-20-2020, 11:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Depression, isolation, fear.
Everyone in The Villages has a lanai, many have a nice front area to sit. Most of us who are trying to keep to themselves have a golf cart for a little spin and many enjoy working in the yard. We aren't locked inside.

Plus we have many social interactions with our friends on Facebook, sharing many craft projects and recipes and showing some home decorating projects. Many are Christmas gathering and there is a lot of surprises arriving in the mail from friends and family. People are doing all they can to think of others and to enjoy pictures of grandchildren and pets and family members all over this country. The true joy of the internet keeps us mentally healthy and happy.

Tags
rec, center, masks, personnel, required

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.