Rec centers?

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2020, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadspet View Post
Does it really matter? The rooms site empty and you can't use them even for small groups. We would like to use them for dance practice (2 of us) but were told NO. They sit there empty with tables and chairs no one can use.
Seems rather obvious why it matters.
the 2 of you are seen using the room, then Suzie and Joe want to practice,, Then others want in too. So who then decides which people get to use the room. What a can of worms and ****ed off people your use of the room would start. Guess that is why it matters, huh?
Old 07-11-2020, 12:51 PM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadspet View Post
Does it really matter? The rooms site empty and you can't use them even for small groups. We would like to use them for dance practice (2 of us) but were told NO. They sit there empty with tables and chairs no one can use.
Dance practice sounds like a good activity during this pandemic. Given the closures of many places I suggest connecting a Bluetooth speaker to your cell phone and play your dance music. You could go to one of the 3 squares and play your music then dance to your heart's content for as long as you'd like. Think about all the fresh air your take in also the vitamin D.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
I think it’s perfectly fine for employees to remove masks until approached. It’s hot out there!
Also, social distancing is not so easy to maintain, particularly for water aerobics people and sometimes walkers.
I think folks need to be sensitive to TV workers and not just think about themselves.
Don’t get me wrong. I have no problem with the employees putting their masks back on when approached by someone who wishes to enter the pool area. What I meant to say was I don’t think it is necessary for the employees to wear masks at all when outside. It is very easy to distance from them when entering the pool area. I’m not a proponent of mask wearing outdoors when distancing is easy to maintain.

Last edited by coffeebean; 07-12-2020 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-12-2020, 09:29 AM
Platinum member

Mask signs at Colony pool changed from “requested” to “required.” Two out of 11 of us in line wore masks. C’mon, folks, they closed pools last time when people wouldn’t follow the rules!

Employees shouldn’t have to be mask cops. Show some respect. Please.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
Mask signs at Colony pool changed from “requested” to “required.” Two out of 11 of us in line wore masks. C’mon, folks, they closed pools last time when people wouldn’t follow the rules!

Employees shouldn’t have to be mask cops. Show some respect. Please.
Did the employees insist that those without masks put them on?
Old 07-13-2020, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
Don't know why they are open. There doesn't seem to be much you can do there. No cards or Mai Jong. I guess you can play pool or go in the pool. Makes me wonder where our amenity fee is going. Maybe they are planning a refund of the part that pays for the entertainment on the squares.
Everglades is open, as the sales center is located there
It seems the salesman don’t wear masks. They bring unmasked clients into the rooms where masked villagers are participating in activities
Old 07-13-2020, 07:48 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelhunter View Post
Everglades is open, as the sales center is located there
It seems the salesman don’t wear masks. They bring unmasked clients into the rooms where masked villagers are participating in activities
Other than making your post here on TV did you mention anything to the people at the sales office or the rec center?
Closed Thread

Tags
rec, centers, gyms, true, today

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.