Rec centers?

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2020, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by two bills View Post
amenity fees do not pay for entertainment on the squares!!!

there. I feel better now.

correct !
Old 07-10-2020, 07:38 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
Don't know why they are open. There doesn't seem to be much you can do there. No cards or Mai Jong. I guess you can play pool or go in the pool. Makes me wonder where our amenity fee is going. Maybe they are planning a refund of the part that pays for the entertainment on the squares.
Refund?
Old 07-10-2020, 08:43 AM

If you want to know what’s open or not, etc., in The Villages, sign up for notifications at Districtgov.org. You’ll get accurate and up to date emails/information directly from the administration.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnsoul View Post
Someone told me rec center's closed again today? Does anyone know if this is true? Gyms still open??
Hacienda, is being torn down, have no idea wht's in store. Golf course still open
Old 07-10-2020, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Amenity fee

[QUOTE=WhoDat;1800640]Don't know why they are open. There doesn't seem to be much you can do there. No cards or Mai Jong. I guess you can play pool or go in the pool. Makes me wonder where our amenity fee is going. Maybe they are planning a refund of the part that pays for the entertainment on the squares.[/QUOTEoney

The music on the squares is paid by the merchants and tourism tax from Sumter County. Amenity money dos not pay for the entertainment on the squares.
Old 07-10-2020, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
This week most stay open till 9PM now instead of 8PM closure time. I wear mask inside and if someone in there coughing I leave in the furthest possible route.
Yes if 60% of the people wore masks 60% of the time, the CV would drop way low like in Europe and Japan.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:09 PM
Default Rec centers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnsoul View Post
Someone told me rec center's closed again today? Does anyone know if this is true? Gyms still open??
No meetings or organized classes or exercise classes just the gyms at regional centers. Oops are open.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:31 PM

When Rec centers post a sign "no masks no entry" I will return until then forget it... and they will continue to open and close as the virus spreads again.....
Old 07-10-2020, 12:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 View Post
When Rec centers post a sign "no masks no entry" I will return until then forget it... and they will continue to open and close as the virus spreads again.....
They have no power to say that. Who would remove the people who didn't wear masks. It isn't a law.

Don't get me wrong. I firmly support wearing masks in public until Covid-19 is stopped.
Old 07-10-2020, 04:09 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
They have no power to say that. Who would remove the people who didn't wear masks. It isn't a law.

Don't get me wrong. I firmly support wearing masks in public until Covid-19 is stopped.
I believe Recreation did go from required to requested face mast policy at all Rec Centers several weeks ago.
Old 07-10-2020, 04:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I believe Recreation did go from required to requested face mast policy at all Rec Centers several weeks ago.
To enter a sports pool, one MUST wear a mask outside of the entrance to the pool to speak to the employees. They take your name and ask if you are swimming or walking. Once inside the pool area, you are still required to wear a mask until you go into the pool .

Personally, I'm a big proponent of mask wearing indoors when social distancing is not always possible. I find having to wear a mask outside not necessary as everyone can very easily distance themselves more than 6 feet. Having said that, I do comply when entering the pool area. When I leave the pool area, I don't wear a mask and just wave good bye to the employees and give them my name so they know which lane is available. I'm easily 10 feet away from them when I'm leaving.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:33 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
To enter a sports pool, one MUST wear a mask outside of the entrance to the pool to speak to the employees. They take your name and ask if you are swimming or walking. Once inside the pool area, you are still required to wear a mask until you go into the pool .

Personally, I'm a big proponent of mask wearing indoors when social distancing is not always possible. I find having to wear a mask outside not necessary as everyone can very easily distance themselves more than 6 feet. Having said that, I do comply when entering the pool area. When I leave the pool area, I don't wear a mask and just wave good bye to the employees and give them my name so they know which lane is available. I'm easily 10 feet away from them when I'm leaving.
I don’t know what sports pool you go to, but this is NOT happening at Laurel, Colony and Miona. At Colony there were 9 in line. 2 wore masks. At Laurel Manor, I was the only one with a mask. The others told me I shouldn’t wear one since we’re all “athletic.”
Old 07-10-2020, 05:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
I don’t know what sports pool you go to, but this is NOT happening at Laurel, Colony and Miona. At Colony there were 9 in line. 2 wore masks. At Laurel Manor, I was the only one with a mask. The others told me I shouldn’t wear one since we’re all “athletic.”
I go to Colony sports pool. Good to know they are not requiring to wear masks when speaking to the employees OUTSIDE. I happened to be entering Colony sports pool after a couple of days when they first opened the sports pools. The manager was there and she INSISTED I wear a mask when speaking to the employees and entering the pool area. I have been complying ever since. I also notice that the employees do not have their masks on until someone approaches them, then they put their masks on.

Makes more sense to me to not have to wear a mask outside when social distancing is very easy to maintain.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I go to Colony sports pool. Good to know they are not requiring to wear masks when speaking to the employees OUTSIDE. I happened to be entering Colony sports pool after a couple of days when they first opened the sports pools. The manager was there and she INSISTED I wear a mask when speaking to the employees and entering the pool area. I have been complying ever since. I also notice that the employees do not have their masks on until someone approaches them, then they put their masks on.

Makes more sense to me to not have to wear a mask outside when social distancing is very easy to maintain.

I think it’s perfectly fine for employees to remove masks until approached. It’s hot out there!
Also, social distancing is not so easy to maintain, particularly for water aerobics people and sometimes walkers.
I think folks need to be sensitive to TV workers and not just think about themselves.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:16 AM
Veteran member

Does it really matter? The rooms site empty and you can't use them even for small groups. We would like to use them for dance practice (2 of us) but were told NO. They sit there empty with tables and chairs no one can use.
Closed Thread

Tags
rec, centers, gyms, true, today

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.