Tornado

Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2011, 07:41 PM
Gold member
Default Tornado

Television news this evening had reports of a tornado touching down in The Villages. Anyone hear anything else about it?
Old 01-25-2011, 07:55 PM

A tree fell over a house on Griffin Rd. That borders the villages, but reports I have is that it was Lady Lake. The villages borders Griffin on the north for a little while.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Sage

Haven't heard that but there was a picture taken of a funnel cloud seen in Oxford, really close to TV. Here's the link to the picture.... http://ulocal.wesh.com/_Oxford-FL-To...096/63272.html

The Villages Florida
Old 01-25-2011, 08:05 PM

I'd say that was "close". You don't get much closer. We were in Cane Garden and saw a very intense wind for a few moments, but didn't last long at all. I turned on my amateur radio and was surprised by the lack of traffic. I came from Ohio, 5 miles from Xenia, which had two severe tornadoes within 10 years and I'll assure you that the cloud shown would have prompted plenty of radio traffic and NWS reporting.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8tpw View Post
I'd say that was "close". You don't get much closer. We were in Cane Garden and saw a very intense wind for a few moments, but didn't last long at all. I turned on my amateur radio and was surprised by the lack of traffic. I came from Ohio, 5 miles from Xenia, which had two severe tornadoes within 10 years and I'll assure you that the cloud shown would have prompted plenty of radio traffic and NWS reporting.
I agree, it was pretty close. I'm in Caroline, nearer to the gate and for a short time, it was quite dark, quite windy and the rain was pretty heavy. Didn't know about that particular funnel cloud or if it touched down. Nothing I've heard so far indicates it did, but it's pretty dark and by the light of day, more will be seen.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.