Rec pool etiquette

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2020, 10:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,467 Times in 3,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
If you guys want to know a secret, there is a neighborhood pool that almost nobody uses. It's where I stayed when I had my LSV in 2011, the Lakeshore Cottages just east of the sales office at LSL and at the foot of the Morse Bridge. If you're coming off Morse at the first light there is Bravo Pizza on the corner and Winn Dixie to the left, straight would take you to the square, instead turn right and turn again. It has a gate, it has a very nice pool and only has 53 homes. I stayed for a week and used the pool everyday and I was the only person there. The very first home on the west side overlooking Lake Miona was Gary Morse's home, I don't know who owns it now. Gary obviously liked it for the convenience but it was so quiet in there and out of the way but yet you're only a short walk to the square and stores.

I kept up with some of the homes in there, Gary Morse's I believe sold for about $700K and the one I stayed in sold for about $600K. They're nice homes but you're paying for the location, the lots are very small and have no room for a pool, a big lanai or a golf cart garage. However, when you walk around on streets it makes you like you're on a movie set. You don't see anyone and the homes are immaculate and you have sidewalks with curbs and it's very nice. Here the location on this map.

Google Maps
I absolutely LOVE that section of the Villages. I keep forgetting that ALL of the neighborhood pools are for ALL residents to use. I live on the other side of the golf cart bridge and have four pools at my disposal (including the country club pool since we're members). But there are always people in them.

I should grab my suit next time I'm heading to Sumter Landing for lunch and make a day out of it. Thanks for the reminder!
Old 11-30-2020, 07:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post
We have found some here in TV feel they are "entitled." When Souillere villas were being constructed in 2018 we enjoyed the pool there because not many people lived in Soulliere and the pool was never had more than 3 or 4 people. There was one bimbo who used to be there at times who thought it was OK to blast music while she marched in the water. My wife would have liked to drown the witch, but I told my wife I would really mind having to visit her in jail. No we didn't confront her just left the pool and went back to our villa.
Why is it that you would choose to describe a woman who played music and exercised AKA "marched" in the pool as a "bimbo" and "the witch" ? It really is possible to disagree with someone or their actions without using sexist labels and stereotypes.
Old 11-30-2020, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromNY View Post
Radio is one thing. But kids in adult only pools seems to be OK now? Seems rules are for everyone else.
Where have you seen kids in adult pools? That should be reported.
Old 11-30-2020, 08:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Reading this messages makes me realized I’ve missed nothing when it comes to the pools , 20 years in villages 5 homes , I don’t think I’ve been in a pool here a dozen times and probably 10 years since the last time
Old 12-01-2020, 06:31 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,136 Times in 881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
OP, why not ear plugs?

You won’t hear music nor the conversations.
Earplugs don't cut out sound completely. And that day I was trying to listen to my own music through earbuds, but I could still hear his music.
Old 12-01-2020, 06:35 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
i'm not sure where you live, but if you'd like to come over to where we are, south of 44, our pools have signs posted with rules. one of them is no radio's. only 1 time did i see someone 'break' the rule, and it didnt even bother anyone. he had it @ a table, listening quietly to sports while his grandkids swam. the neighborhood pools are even quieter.
Way too far for me, especially since I only have a golf cart this year due to border crossing restrictions. Glad you have that rule written on pool properties. We have to work on that north of 466. But thanks for the suggestion!
Old 12-01-2020, 06:40 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpyo View Post
I can't believe all the useless suggestions. Do what I do. I simply take out my hearing aids! Works every time. Also, I take them out at home when my wife starts to complain. Works like magic - makes life so quiet and appealing.
Huh? What did you say?
Old 12-01-2020, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
OP, why not ear plugs?

You won’t hear music nor the conversations.
Noise is muffled with ear plugs. Noise cancelling head sets will eliminate noise.
Old 12-01-2020, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,357 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
I have a question regarding rec centers' pool etiquette which I couldn't find an answer to when I looked at the rules on line. Do you think someone playing music for all to hear is okay at rec pools? I personally would never do it and don't appreciate being subjected to it, especially when I'm looking to have peaceful read on a lounge chair by the pool. I found this happens at the beach too, even had people do it on a tennis court up north. Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
Way too far for me, especially since I only have a golf cart this year due to border crossing restrictions. Glad you have that rule written on pool properties. We have to work on that north of 466. But thanks for the suggestion!
Perhaps a call to the Recreation Department (which is for all of TV) and ask why pool rules are not posted at pools north of 466 and if radios are allowed or not.
Rather than getting 80+ different opinions on here..........
Old 12-01-2020, 05:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Pools are for swimming or something less in the Water. Want lay around in lawn chair don’t expect the public to obey you’re needs. It’s public amenities. We don’t get what we want all the time. Yes, loud music that don’t like in obnoxious, but in general the public is obnoxious.
Closed Thread

Tags
rec, pool, etiquette, tennis, chair

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.