Default Grow a set ! Turn it down!

Do you ever approach them or just cowardly post questions
Old 11-29-2020, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Loud music is rude but talking? Come on. If you want dead silence in a public venue then stay home.
It really was shouting from 1 side of the pool to the other. I had a pool put in my yard and it is the best money I have ever spent.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:16 AM

Then the question becomes "what is 'loud' music?"

Also, should loud 'talking' be banned too?

I'd much prefer listening to any type of music rather than a group of 6 or 7 people talking over each other complaining about their aches, pains, the weather, grandchildren etc...

As is usually the case, there's no one size fits all solution that will make everyone happy. Just try to show a little respect for those around you and if someone is too loud perhaps simply asking them to tone it down a bit is all that is needed for everyone to enjoy themselves.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:26 AM

You are dealing with the inconsiderate.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
I have a question regarding rec centers' pool etiquette which I couldn't find an answer to when I looked at the rules on line. Do you think someone playing music for all to hear is okay at rec pools? I personally would never do it and don't appreciate being subjected to it, especially when I'm looking to have peaceful read on a lounge chair by the pool. I found this happens at the beach too, even had people do it on a tennis court up north. Thoughts?
I would never do it. Not my personality, I usually keep to myself and sometimes someone’s playlist is really annoying. I’m surprised they don’t pump in music from the local radio station like they do around the squares.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default confrontation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
Do you ever approach them or just cowardly post questions
I have been to 2 adult pools where arguments escalated that the sheriffs had to come. One was verbal that got crazy and the other verbal escalated into a physical attack. I would not confront anyone.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
I have a question regarding rec centers' pool etiquette which I couldn't find an answer to when I looked at the rules on line. Do you think someone playing music for all to hear is okay at rec pools? I personally would never do it and don't appreciate being subjected to it, especially when I'm looking to have peaceful read on a lounge chair by the pool. I found this happens at the beach too, even had people do it on a tennis court up north. Thoughts?
There’s a lot of pools in TV. I would just go to another pool. Being a Billiard player, one day a week we played at Canal or Bogart & Beetlemania played Beetle music which was very good & if you ever been to a Billiard Tour. or league play most pool players like it quite. So I would suggest to go to another Rec Center or go swimming earlier or at at a latter time!
Old 11-29-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I find the music offensive and it was a large part of my decision to put in a pool. The only thing worse were the super loud talkers in the rec pool.
Some pools have music piped in and some don’t. If I go to one that doesn’t and play my music next to me and my wife at a volume much lower than what is piped in at some pools I don’t see what the problem is. I always get in the pool to see if it is audible and unless everything else is completely quiet it can’t be heard. I am very conscious of the volume and agree I don’t want to offend or impose. But if the rec center doesn’t pipe music to my pool what’s the problem? I also like the fact it blocks out the loud talkers and even the cell phone users. Those are the ones that bother me. There was a cell phone user the other day at the pool getting angry and animated and loud around the pool. That’s what bothers me.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:04 AM

They need to change the name of this page from talk of the villages to gripe of the villages. So now you want to ban music, and talking at the pools? So it’s no longer about the volume, it’s about someone else’s right to enjoy their time at the pool infringing on your right? There is no flip side to this coin? It’s your way or the highway? Well at least you weren’t complaining about them not wearing a mask while swimming. SMDH.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:04 AM

I had the same concern on Thanksgiving day. We need to remember we don’t all like the same music, volume, or occasion!
Old 11-29-2020, 09:08 AM
Default Radios at Pools

Quote:

This is an ongoing issue north of CR 466 since we do not have The Villages Radio playing at our pools.

I have personally verified with the Recreation Department that radios are NOT ALLOWED AT POOLS NORTH OF CR 466.

There have been times at our pool when they are actually dueling radios with vastly different stations including commercials. How rude can one be to do that to other guests? Simple they do not care! Many are not residents ant think they are at some remote beach - duh!

Until the signs at the pools reflect this rule the only recourse is to go into the Recreation Center and complain. If you approach the idiot with the radio, who knows how they will react - many with foul language, or you can't make me stop blasting my radio.

I suggest we all take a moment to send an email to the Recreation Department asking that they add, NO RADIOS, to the rule signs at the pools north of CR 466. With today's technology there is no need to blast radios since anyone can get bluetooth ear buds.

These offenders, I believe are seeking attention or provocation. They will tell you it is not on the rules but it is a rule - NO RADIOS! My two cents.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:19 AM

When you go to public places, others are there. Have your own pool installed at your house.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:22 AM
Default I agree

Quote:
Totally agree with you. That earphones are for!
Old 11-29-2020, 09:34 AM

I have seen people drinking beer while in both family and neighborhood pools and never getting out to use the restrooms. Now THAT’S concerning.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:58 AM

Do not enjoy the piped in music, loud talking etc. Bringing in your own music to play is inconsiderate at best.
It is hard to find quiet time at any pool, even with earplugs.
Closed Thread

Tags
rec, pool, etiquette, tennis, chair

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.