Received new Village survey, any suggestions?

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2015, 06:13 PM
Sage

1. I would like to see staggered street signs. Impossible to see side streets, especially, at night.

2, A policy enforce to keep people from saving seats at the squares, for invisible people.

3. A Trader Joe's and Home Goods store would be nice. Last time I was at the Trader Joe's in Gainesville, I asked if TV, would ever get one and the cashier said, he was asked that at least 42 times a day.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-02-2015, 06:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blyarbrough View Post
Too heck with the stores, etc. The Villages is going to OVER BUILD this very nice place and most do not know it because you come from Big Cities........ Moreses will over build and the sell to someone else and we all will be left ho.ding the bag,,,,,, Wake Up People

!00,000 great folks and now we need 25,000 more.......their is no end to their greed.......STOP BUILDING......
Is the sky falling?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-02-2015, 06:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Calm down the people.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:28 PM
Gold member

we have a trader joes here in pembroke pines...florida...I have to tell you I dont get it......they sell items with names I do not recogonize, and a very limited supply of meats, prepackaged deli.....and lots of stuff I would never buy.

I perfer the old fashion italian markets we have, Doris's and western beef,

I only buy fruit from trader joes, I really just don't get the appeal they have to people.....

am I missing it?

on the plus side, we have 6 home goods stores within 15 miles of my home. Now that I get....big fan of Home goods
Old 03-02-2015, 06:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
we have a trader joes here in pembroke pines...florida...I have to tell you I dont get it......they sell items with names I do not recogonize, and a very limited supply of meats, prepackaged deli.....and lots of stuff I would never buy.

I perfer the old fashion italian markets we have, Doris's and western beef,

I only buy fruit from trader joes, I really just don't get the appeal they have to people.....

am I missing it?

on the plus side, we have 6 home goods stores within 15 miles of my home. Now that I get....big fan of Home goods
Kosher. Brined turkey during the holidays. No phosphate or nitrites. The brands are their own. Like groceries who use their own brands.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:43 PM
Platinum member

I am a person of simple means, I would just like free wireless access at the pools!
Old 03-02-2015, 06:48 PM

Forget asking for all the stores and restaurants you would like to see here,I have been asking for all those for the last 11 years haven't seen one yet !!!
Old 03-02-2015, 06:49 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blyarbrough View Post
Too heck with the stores, etc. The Villages is going to OVER BUILD this very nice place and most do not know it because you come from Big Cities........ Moreses will over build and the sell to someone else and we all will be left ho.ding the bag,,,,,, Wake Up People

!00,000 great folks and now we need 25,000 more.......their is no end to their greed.......STOP BUILDING......
"their greed"? I think it is greedy to want to keep this beautiful place all to oneself and deny others a chance to live like a millionaire while paying middle-income prices for nice homes and property taxes, and only $140/month for all the costly amenities.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinganimals View Post
I agree. I moved here not quite 2 years ago. The first summer I could easily find a parking space at Publix Colony. Now I can't even find one with the golf cart. I told my husband that we moved to New York City.
We lasted exactly 2 years to the day. Couldn't deal with the traffic and congestion and wall to wall people and houses. So we left!
Old 03-02-2015, 06:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
We lasted exactly 2 years to the day. Couldn't deal with the traffic and congestion and wall to wall people and houses. So we left!
You left NYC or TV?
Old 03-02-2015, 07:04 PM
Veteran member

Congestion is a big problem....streets are insufficient for the traffic. And don't even ask me about the tall weeds (greenery) at the round a bouts.....
Old 03-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
us too......bought a place in the Plantations, 30 minutes south. Quieter, and Crime wave hasn't hit here as of yet and hopefully with the gated security will never.....knock on wood....
Old 03-02-2015, 07:31 PM
Veteran member

We stopped filling out the questionnaire - same stuff every year and nothing, NOTHING, changes as far as our wants are concerned. Stores will open here if they see a need. Costco, Trader Joe's, etc., wouldn't open within TV, and would need a major incentive to build on 441/27, 301, 44, etc. BTW, folks who say TV is becoming congested like NYC have absolutely no idea what NYC is like! Yes, it's getting busier here, especially in the newer areas. The Colony shopping area is a nightmare, and will get worse with the opening of TV at Fruitland Park. Having come from Queens, NY, this is paradise!
Old 03-02-2015, 07:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Wow....the OP did not know they were lighting the keg of powder that awakens all those who don't like it here.

I bet they do not go to any public attractions.
No ball games.
No Disney or other theme parks.
No concerts.
When they travel they must take roads that only go through little towns.
They obviously come from places where they don't have to wait for a table in a restaurant (both of them).
No Grand Canyon.
No cruises.

How terrible can all that be?

And if the same folks were here 11 years ago they would have said how can we live here there are no major stores or restaurants. And the population was 35,000.

I am sure the moabers and groaners are entitled to their likes and opinions. And it is obvious they moved to the wrong location.

Also remember you will find less crowded, very quiet typical retirement communities.........and not the life extending and enjoying life style.

The 98% of us that are happy as clams feel bad for some of you....for about 2.675 nano seconds
Old 03-02-2015, 07:43 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Wow....the OP did not know they were lighting the keg of powder that awakens all those who don't like it here.

I bet they do not go to any public attractions.
No ball games.
No Disney or other theme parks.
No concerts.
When they travel they must take roads that only go through little towns.
They obviously come from places where they don't have to wait for a table in a restaurant (both of them).
No Grand Canyon.
No cruises.

How terrible can all that be?

And if the same folks were here 11 years ago they would have said how can we live here there are no major stores or restaurants. And the population was 35,000.

I am sure the moabers and groaners are entitled to their likes and opinions. And it is obvious they moved to the wrong location.

Also remember you will find less crowded, very quiet typical retirement communities.........and not the life extending and enjoying life style.

The 98% of us that are happy as clams feel bad for some of you....for about 2.675 nano seconds
Well said!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.