Received new Village survey, any suggestions?

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2015, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Wow....the OP did not know they were lighting the keg of powder that awakens all those who don't like it here.

I bet they do not go to any public attractions.
No ball games.
No Disney or other theme parks.
No concerts.
When they travel they must take roads that only go through little towns.
They obviously come from places where they don't have to wait for a table in a restaurant (both of them).
No Grand Canyon.
No cruises.

How terrible can all that be?

And if the same folks were here 11 years ago they would have said how can we live here there are no major stores or restaurants. And the population was 35,000.

I am sure the moabers and groaners are entitled to their likes and opinions. And it is obvious they moved to the wrong location.

Also remember you will find less crowded, very quiet typical retirement communities.........and not the life extending and enjoying life style.

The 98% of us that are happy as clams feel bad for some of you....for about 2.675 nano seconds
Yes, Yes!
Old 03-03-2015, 08:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySevens View Post
Home Goods is coming to 441 this year.
Facts please. Where did you read this?
Old 03-03-2015, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Gomoho. You are such an addition to this forum. I hope you love your place in the forest and the sometimes colder weather and the things that matter to you.

I am sad that you have moved but so glad you continue to post here. Your wisdom and wit and humor are so enjoyed.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:50 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blyarbrough View Post
Too heck with the stores, etc. The Villages is going to OVER BUILD this very nice place and most do not know it because you come from Big Cities........ Moreses will over build and the sell to someone else and we all will be left ho.ding the bag,,,,,, Wake Up People

!00,000 great folks and now we need 25,000 more.......their is no end to their greed.......STOP BUILDING......
What bag? "The" bag? What's in that bag and why would I not want to hold it? In the unlikely event that the Morses "sell to someone else," do you think that "someone" will not want to sell the homes that have been built just like the Morses are doing? Frankly, I think I'm awake, but give me some more detail about what you think "the bag" contains.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:11 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Facts please. Where did you read this?
Elvis is alive.

Esquire.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:18 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
Why are you still posting on TOTV?...
I dont know about the other commentor, but for me

we live so close that we are able to enjoy the opportunities that are available to The Villagers residents, except fee golf. I don't play anyway.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by blyarbrough View Post
Too heck with the stores, etc. The Villages is going to OVER BUILD this very nice place and most do not know it because you come from Big Cities........ Moreses will over build and the sell to someone else and we all will be left ho.ding the bag,,,,,, Wake Up People

!00,000 great folks and now we need 25,000 more.......their is no end to their greed.......STOP BUILDING......
Blyarbrough, stand next to me at Eisenhower rec center and tell me of the Greed. They could have purchased all of the stuff from a cheap furniture store but they had every couch and chair and cushion custom upholstered and the wall coverings are the finest and the chandeliers are copious. Anyone who has ever had anything custom framed knows it takes money and time to frame things. They took the offerings from the folks who offered them and placed them in lovely frames so that we all could share and honor our veterans. And that is just ONE rec center. They could have stuck that money in their pockets.

Their "greed" keeps thousands of people working and feeds their families while building a place unlike anywhere on this earth for older people to LIVE, not sit around and wait to die.

They keep working and they keep improving and I cannot thank them enough. My last years are so wonderful here.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:26 AM
Gold member

OK-- just wanna reply to the OP's question... please Villages stream WVLG so us 'birds( and prospective buyers) can listen in and be with TV in a small way
Old 03-03-2015, 09:27 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Blyarbrough, stand next to me at Eisenhower rec center and tell me of the Greed. They could have purchased all of the stuff from a cheap furniture store but they had every couch and chair and cushion custom upholstered and the wall coverings are the finest and the chandeliers are copious. Anyone who has ever had anything custom framed knows it takes money and time to frame things. They took the offerings from the folks who offered them and placed them in lovely frames so that we all could share and honor our veterans. And that is just ONE rec center. They could have stuck that money in their pockets.

Their "greed" keeps thousands of people working and feeds their families while building a place unlike anywhere on this earth for older people to LIVE, not sit around and wait to die.

They keep working and they keep improving and I cannot thank them enough. My last years are so wonderful here.
Gracie..
Old 03-03-2015, 09:33 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Back on topic please people.

The OP wants ideas for the survey. I would expect the survey has questions relating to amenities because those who are managing them are the people seeking input. Stores etc therefore would not be relevant.

I for one would like them to make sure every gate has a camera that records the plates with a recording and signs that worn visitors that the plates of all passing through are recorded. I would think that would help reduce break-ins and help law enforcement know who was in a village at the time of a break in.

The retention ponds could use fountains in the middle that could be solar powered so that the water moves and doesn't become stagnate and smelly during the times when the water is low as many on this forum have said they sometimes do.

I agree that the street signs at the same level are just plain stupid and need to be changed.

If you want a real police force instead of community watch the villages would have to be incorporated and become a town which is a whole other discussion.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
I dont know about the other commentor, but for me

we live so close that we are able to enjoy the opportunities that are available to The Villagers residents, except fee golf. I don't play anyway.
What opportunities? Rec centers, pools, clubs?
Old 03-03-2015, 10:39 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI SNOWBIRD View Post
OK-- just wanna reply to the OP's question... please Villages stream WVLG so us 'birds( and prospective buyers) can listen in and be with TV in a small way
I've called WVLG and requested a couple times. I think direct calls from Villagers might go farther than a survey response.............more contacts, maybe improved results.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts
Default Thank you Trudy

Sure appreciate good recommendations to add to survey.....There is strength in numbers even thou we find TV the closest thing to paradise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyM;1022***

The OP wants ideas for the survey. I would expect the survey has questions relating to amenities because those who are managing them are the people seeking input. Stores etc therefore would not be relevant.

I for one would like them to make sure every gate has a camera that records the plates with a recording and signs that worn visitors that the plates of all passing through are recorded. I would think that would help reduce break-ins and help law enforcement know who was in a village at the time of a break in.

The retention ponds could use fountains in the middle that could be solar powered so that the water moves and doesn't become stagnate and smelly during the times when the water is low as many on this forum have said they sometimes do.

I agree that the street signs at the same level are just plain stupid and need to be changed.

If you want a real police force instead of community watch the villages would have to be incorporated and become a town which is a whole other discussion.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:26 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyM;1022***

If I remember correctly from last year, they did ask if we wanted certain restaurants to locate here, so apparently it is relevant!!
Old 03-03-2015, 11:29 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What opportunities? Rec centers, pools, clubs?
why would i need your pools when we have 3 of our own with hot tubs,saunas, steam rooms, club houses, work out rooms and everything else you have.

we do however use the squares, the resturants, the college of knowlege, the shopping and the specialty pay shows the villages offeres.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.