Received new Village survey, any suggestions?

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2015, 10:16 PM
Location: New Hampshire, now Heathrow on Lake Deaton Preserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
us too......bought a place in the Plantations, 30 minutes south. Quieter, and Crime wave hasn't hit here as of yet and hopefully with the gated security will never.....knock on wood....
But how would you rate the opportunities for recreational activities there in comparison to The Villages? Is there as much of a variety?
Old 03-03-2015, 11:03 PM
Veteran member
Default This thread is intended for Villages deeded owners taking the survey

As far as I know, persons not on the deed do not have input to the survey. The street sign issue is one that I have mentioned on previous surveys and will do so again. Thanks for including this. I also suggest restaurants and retailers I would like to see in the area, and happily some are coming. If you are a deeded owner, but not currently residing here, your input is appreciated. If you are not, I wonder why you are on this thread? There are many other threads for your suggestions of improving our community. I love this place. Best place I have ever lived. Good neighbors, kind people, caring friends. What more could anyone ask?
Old 03-04-2015, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I would like to see some form of second ID pass with full privileges issued to single homeowners so they could easily date someone from outside TV.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Good one CFrance

I would love a second ID for another reason...I can't tell you how many times I arrive at the theatre WITHOUT my ID, no big deal except the "ole boy" reminds me that I owe him 50 cents, giggle (btw, I leave it in my golf bag, because even thou I'm not able to play right now, it will always be my first love, ok, the ole boy gets that vote, 2nd golf)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I would like to see some form of second ID pass with full privileges issued to single homeowners so they could easily date someone from outside TV.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:33 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Signs at the squares that say "Chairs are available on a first come basis. Saved seats are not allowed"

There are at least 3 intersections that need to be resolved. Lights, bridges, tunnels, something before someone is killed or seriously injured. The street crossing at Baily Trail and Buena Vista coming north on Baily Trail. The crossing of Old CAmp near the Buena Vista traffic circle. The crossing of Morse just before the gate from 466. All three are very dangerous and get significantly backed up.

Costco.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:55 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikearoni View Post
But how would you rate the opportunities for recreational activities there in comparison to The Villages? Is there as much of a variety?
I inquired once about baton twirling....they suggested, if you don't see what you want on the list of activities, you can start it yourself. just give them the information and she will place it in the monthly booklet, on line and on the tv station.

So I do believe that anything is possible.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:08 PM
Default Suggested improvements

No vehicular traffic around the squares after 5PM. Too drastic? Fallback position is carts only.

No dogs in the squares after 5PM. Perhaps exceptions for carried animals.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnd View Post
No vehicular traffic around the squares after 5PM. Too drastic? Fallback position is carts only.

And service dogs....
Old 03-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnd View Post

Boo-hiss to both of those! Besides, TV doesn't govern the squares.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:33 PM
Gold member

Signs in the squares saying "No saving seats" huh?

No offense meant but - the people who do save seats are IGNORANT!

They know it isn't right or "allowed." They just don't care!

Remember - YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!!!!
Old 03-05-2015, 09:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotme View Post
Signs in the squares saying "No saving seats" huh?

No offense meant but - the people who do save seats are IGNORANT!

They know it isn't right or "allowed." They just don't care!

Remember - YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!!!!
That's not ignorance; that's arrogance.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
As far as I know, persons not on the deed do not have input to the survey.
We currently have an additional full-time resident not on the deed but with an ID card and received an additional access code this year.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:24 AM

I would like a new, improved radio station. One that doesn’t just play the same old tired computer generated music 24 hours a day. I’m sure many Villagers are old enough to remember the likes of Frank Sinatra, Eddie Fisher, Frankie Laine, Doris Day, The Four Aces, The Four Lads, and many more. Many of us didn’t go through life listening to nothing but top 40. There was early 50’s rhythm and blues, 50’s rock and roll, 60’s folk, progressive rock and album rock. WVLG sounds good at first, but it wears thin pretty quick.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Dum View Post
I would like a new, improved radio station. One that doesn’t just play the same old tired computer generated music 24 hours a day. I’m sure many Villagers are old enough to remember the likes of Frank Sinatra, Eddie Fisher, Frankie Laine, Doris Day, The Four Aces, The Four Lads, and many more. Many of us didn’t go through life listening to nothing but top 40. There was early 50’s rhythm and blues, 50’s rock and roll, 60’s folk, progressive rock and album rock. WVLG sounds good at first, but it wears thin pretty quick.
So does FOX news
Old 03-06-2015, 07:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan View Post
If you really, truly, believe that The Villages are headed for implosion, the best thing you could do would be to sell now. The market is still good at present, so it makes good economic sense. Not trying to push you out, just suggesting the best move under your interpretation of the situation.

I really don't see greed in the Morse family. Are they wealthy - sure. But they seem to be continuing to work in the enterprise. A community like this could have been taken in the direction of exclusivity. While there are some fairly expensive homes in my neighborhood, there are also homes like ours that are middle class affordable. I don't feel, in the least, that I was overcharged for my new home. The developer has continued to provided new town squares, new rec centers, new executive golf courses, and new country clubs as the community has expanded. I don't foresee them abandoning such a long term commitment to The Villages.

No place is perfect for everyone. We've only been here for 3 months, so maybe I'm speaking prematurely, but we think it's a pretty fantastic hometown.
I've been here for three years and I agree 100%. And as a Patriots fan, it's not often that I agree with a Colts fan.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.