Received new Village survey, any suggestions?

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2015, 09:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
We lasted exactly 2 years to the day. Couldn't deal with the traffic and congestion and wall to wall people and houses. So we left!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
us too......bought a place in the Plantations, 30 minutes south. Quieter, and Crime wave hasn't hit here as of yet and hopefully with the gated security will never.....knock on wood....
Why are you still posting on TOTV?...
Old 03-02-2015, 10:09 PM

Some way to identify owners of golf carts

Speed bumps on roads and multi-modal pathways

Have an actual police dept in TV--I can't even tell you the last time I saw CW on our street.

I am sure it is not Legal,so don't need to tell me so, but it would be nice to have a policy or enforced rule that makes it wrong for anyone to live here in TV longer than ??6months unless their name is on the house deed-would eliminate moms,dads, grams, and grads from letting entitled kids come here to live.

have some way to actually monitor visitors to TV and surrounding areas from abusing ammentities, ie..keep people who live in the area from using out of town licenses, etc to get a pass. And yes, it happens a lot.

Stop building houses in TV, too many people, too many people on the roads, and on the MMpaths.

More Parking everywhere.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:16 PM
Default Home Goods coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
I LOVE Home Goods!
Home Goods is coming to 441 this year.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:28 PM
Gold member

Quote:
"it would be nice to have a policy or enforced rule that makes it wrong for anyone to live here in TV longer than ??6months unless their name is on the house deed-would eliminate moms,dads, grams, and grads from letting entitled kids come here to live.
I rub my eyes. How in the world do you know facts about significant numbers of "entitled kids" living here with moms, dads and grands???????

We live in a courtyard neighborhood with 72 villas and none have "entitled kids" living with the parents or grandparents.

I HAVE, however, met 2 workers at Winn Dixie who are living here to help their fathers while their mothers were dying and then died, and they are living here to keep their lonely dads company!!!!!! And working as a cashier at W-D certainly is not "entitled".

My hair's on fire now, just thinking about the suggestion quoted above. Really creepy attitude.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:32 PM

If you really, truly, believe that The Villages are headed for implosion, the best thing you could do would be to sell now. The market is still good at present, so it makes good economic sense. Not trying to push you out, just suggesting the best move under your interpretation of the situation.

I really don't see greed in the Morse family. Are they wealthy - sure. But they seem to be continuing to work in the enterprise. A community like this could have been taken in the direction of exclusivity. While there are some fairly expensive homes in my neighborhood, there are also homes like ours that are middle class affordable. I don't feel, in the least, that I was overcharged for my new home. The developer has continued to provided new town squares, new rec centers, new executive golf courses, and new country clubs as the community has expanded. I don't foresee them abandoning such a long term commitment to The Villages.

No place is perfect for everyone. We've only been here for 3 months, so maybe I'm speaking prematurely, but we think it's a pretty fantastic hometown.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:36 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT2TV View Post
Some way to identify owners of golf carts (YES

Speed bumps on roads and multi-modal pathways (NO)

I believe that the Districts will be looking into all aspects of golf cart use with an eye to greater safety for all.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
I rub my eyes. How in the world do you know facts about significant numbers of "entitled kids" living here with moms, dads and grands???????

We live in a courtyard neighborhood with 72 villas and none have "entitled kids" living with the parents or grandparents.

I HAVE, however, met 2 workers at Winn Dixie who are living here to help their fathers while their mothers were dying and then died, and they are living here to keep their lonely dads company!!!!!! And working as a cashier at W-D certainly is not "entitled".

My hair's on fire now, just thinking about the suggestion quoted above. Really creepy attitude.
Thank you, sunny.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Good news

Wow! I knew that Stein Mart was coming but Home Goods is even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySevens View Post
Home Goods is coming to 441 this year.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan View Post
If you really, truly, believe that The Villages are headed for implosion, the best thing you could do would be to sell now. The market is still good at present, so it makes good economic sense. Not trying to push you out, just suggesting the best move under your interpretation of the situation.

I really don't see greed in the Morse family. Are they wealthy - sure. But they seem to be continuing to work in the enterprise. A community like this could have been taken in the direction of exclusivity. While there are some fairly expensive homes in my neighborhood, there are also homes like ours that are middle class affordable. I don't feel, in the least, that I was overcharged for my new home. The developer has continued to provided new town squares, new rec centers, new executive golf courses, and new country clubs as the community has expanded. I don't foresee them abandoning such a long term commitment to The Villages.

No place is perfect for everyone. We've only been here for 3 months, so maybe I'm speaking prematurely, but we think it's a pretty fantastic hometown.
Nice post .............

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-03-2015, 06:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan View Post

So well put. I think overall the developer and family have done a great job and deserve to reap the financial rewards of their vision and hard work. Is there room for improvement? Yes. But there's room for improvement everywhere.

I'm not even going to complain about the roundabouts anymore. We just got back from a place with few traffic rules and huge roundabouts. Thank God I wasn't driving. Someone would be dead.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:19 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Why in God's name does this topic always end up being about the Morse family and their vision and their right to a just reward.

The focus should be on what is best to solidify the quality of The Villages and what steps of a substantive nature should be implemented. A new store restaurant etc will locate here not because the survey suggests so but because the economic statistics calculated by said companies makes the investment worthwhile.

Again the survey is simply a state of the amenities. I don't live on a cruise ship I live in a town/city/village and I see great harm by certain policies being abused, ignored or not reviewed.

How do you define quality?
Old 03-03-2015, 08:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
Why are you still posting on TOTV?...
Why not? Still have good friends living there and enjoy keeping up with what is going on. Didn't realize this was a private forum or that since I no longer am a Villager was allowed an opinion.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:14 AM
Gold member

#1 Costco
#2 Trader Joes
#3 Apple Store

and I am a happy camper
Old 03-03-2015, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
We lasted exactly 2 years to the day. Couldn't deal with the traffic and congestion and wall to wall people and houses. So we left!
Where did you go?
Old 03-03-2015, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post
Congestion is a big problem....streets are insufficient for the traffic. And don't even ask me about the tall weeds (greenery) at the round a bouts.....
So, what are you suggesting for the survey?
There is another thread for complaints.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.