Recommendation Needed

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2021, 08:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
Looking for someone to come to my home to solve a computer issue. My wireless computer is not communicating with my wireless printer. Was working fine, but then one day stopped printing upon command.
Can you recommend someone you have used that is trustworthy?

TIA
We had the same exact problem with or WiFi & hooking up with our wireless computer. We resorted calling the help line that came with our Wireless Computer. Glad we did because I bet you it still took I bet a 1/2 hr. to 45 mins. for them to get us on line. So I would suggest for you to call them, it may not take them 5 mins. to do it. Good Luck!
Old 04-20-2021, 08:08 AM

Call Mark Hefron. I used him and so did a friend and we were very happy. He is knowledgeable and reasonable. 1-319-270-7737
Old 04-20-2021, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Before hiring someone, consider it might just need to be re-set. That happens to me on occasion with my HP Envy 6255 photo printer, and I've heard it happens to other HP printers once in awhile too. The best way to reset (not the only way but always best to try it the first time "from scratch"):

Correctly shut down your computer.
Correctly shut down your printer (if it's an HP with a button on the front, just hold it in until it shuts itself off. Not intuitive, most people don't know that and just unplug it. Don't do that. You need a reset, not a power-off).

Then...

turn your computer back on. Wait until it's finished cycling through all its start programs. You'll *probably* get an error message saying there's no printer attached. That's fine, just ignore the message.

Now turn your printer back on.

It SHOULD reset automatically.

If it doesn't, then you can call a guy.
Totally agree.....I have the same HP printer and similar problems. Your solution works for me.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:18 AM

I would contact an agent, I use the Villages agent, Beth Pope (ph 352-552-1511) and closed on our home in January 2021.
I can truly say in was a pleasant experience work with Beth & Todd Pope.
Pat Berry
Old 04-20-2021, 08:22 AM

I have the same problem haven’t resolved it yet but the internet search suggests a Windows 10 update could be the culprit. We’ll see.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richs631 View Post
FYI, I have the same issue. Tried everything and I mean everything. Checked out a couple of computer forums and I’m told it’s a glitch with Xfinity. I would be curious to know if you use Xfinity for your internet service?
Yes Xfinity.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:23 AM

Ditto for Jon-- used him for 12+ years. FABULOUS!
Old 04-20-2021, 08:28 AM

Sometimes it’s as simple as checking the WiFi to be sure it’s set to your current location. There is usually a WiFi icon in the upper right corner of your screen. Click on it (a drop down box with choices should appear) to see if your connection is correct. If not, choose the correct WiFi and you should be good to go.
Nothing to lose.by checking.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:32 AM
Default Computer Problem

Quote:
Looking for someone to come to my home to solve a computer issue. My wireless computer is not communicating with my wireless printer. Was working fine, but then one day stopped printing upon command.

TIA
Jon Townsend. I have used him for over 3 years and he can fix anything. Very reliable and very reasonable. 352-638-2348. I usually text and he will call you back. Wife takes appointments..
Old 04-20-2021, 08:33 AM

Quote:

TIA
Reboot
Old 04-20-2021, 08:50 AM

Message me - before you hire somebody - I can come over and see if I can get it going.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:02 AM

Since it once worked and now does not I would guess your router issued a new IP address to the printer as is normal from time to time. The best way to keep this from happening is to assign a reserved static IP address in your router fir the printer so all your devices will use this same IP address going forward.
If all this sounds like goobldy gook, Google your router type and look up how to reserve an IP address.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:14 AM

This happens to us occasionally. After several frustrating hours we found that if you unplug your modem and the printer for about one minute, plug them back in they connect. We have HP 8600 printer. The problem started when Xfinity gave us a new modem which combined the 2.4 and 5.0 bands.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:

TIA
If you do end up needing someone to look at your computer/printer situation, I would highly recommend Jon Townsend for any of your computer needs. His number is 352-250-1686.
Jon is excellent!!
Old 04-20-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Before hiring someone, consider it might just need to be re-set. That happens to me on occasion with my HP Envy 6255 photo printer, and I've heard it happens to other HP printers once in awhile too. The best way to reset (not the only way but always best to try it the first time "from scratch"):

Correctly shut down your computer.
Correctly shut down your printer (if it's an HP with a button on the front, just hold it in until it shuts itself off. Not intuitive, most people don't know that and just unplug it. Don't do that. You need a reset, not a power-off).

Then...

turn your computer back on. Wait until it's finished cycling through all its start programs. You'll *probably* get an error message saying there's no printer attached. That's fine, just ignore the message.

Now turn your printer back on.

It SHOULD reset automatically.

If it doesn't, then you can call a guy.
Great advice. This problem is a common occurrence and hopefully you will not need to pay someone.
Closed Thread

Tags
wireless, computer, day, stopped, printing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.