Xfinity Platform

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2015, 08:49 PM
Veteran member
Default Xfinity Platform

To those pondering this service from Comcast be aware the Platform is full of bugs and something goes wrong with this service daily. You want to give it a pass until they make a serious effort to correct it.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Wow, thanks for the feedback, they have been pushing this on us for several weeks.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:17 AM
Sage

I switched over to the X1 platform about 2 months ago. Advantages are DVR can record 4 shows at once and can watch DVR shows from 2nd HD set top box in the bedroom.

So far, I haven't had any glitches, outages, or issues.

I did read that it was buggy early on and they insisted on installing it for you. Now that it has been around for awhile and stabilized you can do a self install.

Still waiting for local Comcast to offer HD DTA boxes for my other outlets. Supposed to be coming in April last I heard.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:42 PM
Veteran member

We've been using the X1 system for close to a year now (was in the right place at the right time when it became available in The Villages).

While the first few months were bumpy, there are constant regular updates to the system and they seem to do a good job of squashing bugs. Was it probably rolled out too early before all the bugs were worked out? Yes. Was I very frustrated in the beginning? Yes.

But it's pretty smooth now and the features like being able to record more shows than the old system, the better on screen guide and easier on demand system seem to make it worthwhile.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:03 PM

We just X1 installed last month and so far no bugs. Maybe it was corrected recently? Hope it stays that way.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:14 PM
Veteran member

Last evening had several freezing ups on Demand. Nothing but a note on screen saying they where aware and working on the problem
Old 03-16-2015, 04:39 PM
Platinum member

We've been using X1 since early November, and while it's not as stable as Verizon FIOS, it works just fine. Every two weeks or so we reboot the boxes but otherwise there are no serious issues or complaints with the X1 platform. In November Comcast told us self-upgrade to X1 was not available in TV, and I believe they charged us $39 for the tech visit. We had lost the HDMI ports on our tv over the summer and were very happy that the tech suggested connecting with component cables. It gave us the same HD picture that we had with HDMI. Comcast may have issues but X1 is a definite improvement.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.